PDA

View Full Version : LMAO cheap PSU meseta

jShazBot
Feb 11, 2009, 10:57 PM
So about 10 minutes before I posted this, I was checking my Xbox Live mail on Xbox.com
and I noticed that I got mail from an unfamiliar gamertag by the name of "TooHuman Bounty" and to my surprise this is what the letter said...

"cheap PSU Meseta (xbox 360) at [removed]"

As soon as I read this I began laughing my ass off and then when I went to the site I started laughing even harder. I'm not really a hardcore PSU player, I've actually never even had 1 mil of meseta.
Seriously though, this is kinda sad and I feel sorry for any of you here that actually spend your real money on this virtual money crap.
Anywho, just thought I'd post this here. Isn't selling virtual money like that illegal or something? I know it can at least get you banned from PSU, right?

As sad as this is, the person actually selling the Meseta for real money is a genius because he/she knows that theres always someone out there who is actually dumb enough to buy it.

Nuclearranger
Feb 11, 2009, 11:31 PM
This has always been an issue with online games. Although you should remove the links to the site unless you want to be accused of creating this site.

Also the topic might be locked in a hurry>.>

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 12, 2009, 12:16 AM
This site been out for awhile so i highly doubt they'll acuse him of that.

RedMussel
Feb 12, 2009, 12:30 AM
Ahaha i remember when people on the game were always advertising that. tehe

Yunfa
Feb 12, 2009, 02:14 AM
man is it cOLD in here?

Proff
Feb 12, 2009, 04:43 AM
I'm not really seeing how people selling virtual goods, that they earned, for real money is a bad thing. When PSU gets its cash-shop and Sega is robbing us of even more money, I'm sure you'll all be buying into it. I'm sure I will too, sadly enough.

Not to say I condone someone cashing in off something they didn't actually create; I just find it amusing how quickly people love to pass judgement on others.

Zwick_
Feb 12, 2009, 07:47 AM
This hasnt been popular since firebreak, kinda forgot it existed lol =)

And I dont have a problem with people selling it either, after the work put in for it they should be allowed to. I think its kind of dumb that its not actually allowed because there are some MMO's out there that have an in-game function to sell what you have worked for for real money.

DarkEliteRico
Feb 12, 2009, 10:06 AM
sucks that nobody buys meseta like they used to, prices on selling it dropped out the bottom while the selling still try to get top dollar for it.

Akaimizu
Feb 12, 2009, 10:09 AM
This was funnier when people tried to sell meseta in the original Phantasy Star Online. (Guess, they had no idea how easy it was to get cash hand-over-fist in that game). You had to go massive Mag raising to put even a dent in your cash increase.

xXNinjaXx
Feb 12, 2009, 10:27 AM
selling meseta is just pointless now.
Before the expansion came out and 1Up Cup, a mil was being sold for about $25. now its about a dollar a mil. Not enough reward for work to get good amount of money.

I quit along time ago before the lvl cap even hit 100. Back in the day when the only person with stacks was ZT. When i quit i had abt 50mil. Gave a lil to some friends, and sold the location and time to acquire a mil of meseta for free on ebay. Got around $700 out of it. Sold rather fast. It was good to sell meseta along time ago. A nice profit :D, now its just pointless because you dont get enough.

LuigiMario
Feb 12, 2009, 12:55 PM
Even SEGAs doing it now with that gaurdian cash thing.

Zorafim
Feb 12, 2009, 01:46 PM
Isn't the point of online gaming to earn your way to the top? If that's the case, isn't buying money counter-productive?

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 12, 2009, 02:04 PM
Isn't the point of online gaming to earn your way to the top? If that's the case, isn't buying money counter-productive?
Ha! ^5

But yea they consider it illegal since your selling something from another company
do people still do it,of course..........in the shadows but as far as seeing people promoting it in PSU.....highly unlikely w/o the person getting banned.

I heard of this guy awhile back who basically got his money by selling his meseta to that site

Do i think its wrong? I personally dont care since it doesnt affect me but in companies POV its illegal

So in reality who has the power? the company or the community???

Hmmmmmm

Yunfa
Feb 12, 2009, 02:12 PM
To some people the end justifies the means...

_Vyser_
Feb 12, 2009, 03:37 PM
If someone can get away with selling meseta for real cash, power to them. I really don't care if someone uses real money to buy stuff in-game; I generally prefer to find my own items anyway.

Zorafim makes a good point XD

KrissyChewie
Feb 12, 2009, 04:13 PM
i think that a lot of people buy and sell using real cash. i mean when i see someone who has a pallet full of psycho wands all 10/10 theres something off there. and yes i have seen someone with 6 psycho wands 10/10 all of them just recently actually.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 12, 2009, 05:38 PM
i got that message back in the summer but it was from a UK site.I dotn find anything wrong with selling in game goods for RL money shit its a recession everybody need money for those who find it bad probaly dont go out much and dont have any bills to pay.....

Proff
Feb 12, 2009, 07:50 PM

No.

The point (or at least I thought) is to have fun while interacting with others. Having more money than somebody else, especially in a silly little game like PSU, doesn't really put you at the top of anything.

I don't see how buying virtual cash hurts people who don't buy it. I mean, unless the meseta is being hacked, it's no different than just giving it away. As long as it's really earned, then what happens to it or how it gets from one person to another isn't important.

Atomic646
Feb 13, 2009, 02:33 AM
Lol! I got a message from someone I didn't know like 5 days ago saying something like "Free Microsoft Points "WWW._____.tk" lol probably trying to "Attempt" to jack my account LOL.