PDA

View Full Version : Multiple saves

Niloklives
Feb 11, 2009, 11:23 PM
for someone who played the jp demo and the full ver., what is the method of importing data from the demo to the full game? does it just read the save data and convert it to the full game or is there something else to it?

The reason I ask is I'd like to start a couple characters and bring them over when the game hits...but since normally we can only have one character save at a time, I want to figure out what the best way to do this would be if it is at all possible.

I didn't see any threads about this, so if there is a thread, a link will be sufficient. thanks in advance

D14BL0
Feb 12, 2009, 12:00 AM
In the full version, at the title screen there's an "Import" option, which will bring in your demo character.

Since you can only have one character at a time, in order to have multiple demo characters you will need either multiple memory sticks, or you'd have to play the characters one at a time and transfer the savedata to your PC each time you want to switch which character is on the stick at that time.

It's very convoluted, and isn't really worth the time it takes. In a few hours you can blaze through and level up to LV20 anyway, so it isn't even a huge deal once the full version comes out.

Niloklives
Feb 12, 2009, 03:00 AM
no but it gives me something to do while i wait. thanks for the info.

RED_cast
Feb 14, 2009, 12:37 PM
you can't have multipile character!? how am i going to share the psp with my brother then?

Amherst_Wind
Feb 14, 2009, 12:46 PM
You can have multiple characters in the full game, its just in the demo that there is only one character save slot.

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 14, 2009, 01:19 PM
lol i already have 1 of each character saved on my PC it is 8 save slots in the full game am i right? or did i miss read somewhere? otherwise ill have to swap memory cards.

Amherst_Wind
Feb 14, 2009, 01:23 PM
In the JP version there are 8 slots, I cant think of any reason why it would have been decreased for the US version, so hopefully 8 yes.

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 14, 2009, 01:34 PM
ok thats what i thought i hope thats how it stays *crosses fingers*

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 14, 2009, 01:38 PM
:dead:*remembers SEGA gives preferance to japanese gamers*:dead:(we havent gotten the magazine wand or lv4 HP steal Range mag)

Dymalos
Feb 14, 2009, 07:56 PM
Is there a way to safely transcribe your character save onto your PC? I've read a couple horror stories over on another site (GameFaqs) about people attempting it and then finding their save file to be unplayable.

panzer_unit
Feb 17, 2009, 10:55 AM
uh-oh. I copied my Hunter with some pretty good stuff on to a PC in order to roll a Force and treat my friends to some different drops... I hope I can get him back properly to import into the full version.

No biggie if not, I think it's only a 15 hour save, but still. Who knows when I'll see Phantasm Prism or Noszonde again.

DreXxiN
Feb 20, 2009, 01:50 AM
I really hope it's safe because I did it as well...