PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

xellototh
Feb 12, 2009, 01:32 AM
well a few weeks ago i picked PS3 back up again, and shortly after I realised why I had stoped playing for a bit. the Arkz mission "Back up". i had been stuck on that mission for SO LONG I kept quiting and later picking the game back up again over and over for a while. So A few weeks ago I decided to make an entirely new deck, shaped around the mission itself (with all the attempts to complete the mission I had nearly memorized all of the cards the enemy had) and guess what, I get an S rank upon completing the mission. I was pretty proud of myself for doing so well on a mission I nearly thought impossible to complete. I cant even count how many times the enemy hunters had 1hp left of life, and were 1 turn away from defeat but then Peko goes around and kills himself with Ripple. But ah yes...I did it and got an S rank to boot, yay me. But...sadly now I'm stuck at the boss guy. The ancient giant guy (forget the name) at first he seemed easy to beat, like he was just a big pushover but he soon proved me wrong with that little damage swap reverse stuff and reduce movement to 1block etc etc. I guess its the little things he does that just ruin your world (well my world anyway :P) Any tips on beating him?

T0m
Feb 26, 2009, 02:28 AM
Oh, the "ancient weapon" one, right? Just make sure you add a few more exotic defense cards like Cancel and Aegis Guard to avoid its weird special attacks. TP defense works well against its normal attacks (but don't use it if its AP is set to zero and his TP is 7 in that turn, of course).
Offensively, try to make a deck with which you can do normal, AP based attacks as well as Techs. If you don't have that, one of each two turns will be lost to you.
Lastly, I think your cards aren't shuffled in this fight, so try to take advantage of this. Make sure you order your deck before the battle so you can use the first turns to set up, and make sure you have proper attack and defense cards each turn.
Let me know if you still have trouble with it after this. (Seeing the post date, you probably are already past this boss, but this is just in case you are still stuck.)