PDA

View Full Version : Lag when playing with people?

Izurusuke
Feb 12, 2009, 12:56 PM
I've noticed that I experience a lot (and I mean A LOT) of lag when playing with my friends. I know there's slowdown is some places but for me, there's pretty much constant lag and then when there's a few monsters on the screen, the game, my character in particular, slows to a crawl which makes it ridiculously hard to hit with TECHNICs.

Also, this is when we are in the same room, not on Ad-hoc party (which I'm hesitant to even try when it's like this). I was wondering if this could be related to me having an original PSP when my other friends have Slims. Anyone else have the clunky old one that's had the same experience? Also, do you think it would matter if I wasn't the leader of the party?

panzer_unit
Feb 12, 2009, 02:17 PM
The bit of Trial multiplayer I played was lag-free. Two fat old PSP's and a slim.

D14BL0
Feb 12, 2009, 10:09 PM
Few things to check.

Custom firmware? If so, make sure your XMB and game clock speeds are set to default. This WILL screw things up for Ad Hoc.

Try other channels? Personally, I've found channel 6 to have the best connection for Ad Hoc.

Interference from other devices? Microwaves, wireless routers, cell phones... pretty much anything that transmits data wirelessly should be removed from the area.

Izurusuke
Feb 14, 2009, 04:23 PM
Nah, I've got original, updated firmware.

It doesn't really matter though now I guess- I cracked and went out and bought a PSP-3000 and I like it so much better anyway. I had bought my old PSP from a friend so it was pretty scratched up and stuff to begin with.

I've experienced no lag since getting the new PSP but I never really experimented with switching around with the channels on the old one. I'll probably give the old one to a friend so if I figure anything out, I'll let you guys know.

waluigi1
Feb 15, 2009, 12:15 PM
How do you switch channels?