PDA

View Full Version : AotI WT: new to the system.

Phaesphora
Feb 12, 2009, 01:36 PM
So a while back I left PSO behind, and now out of  boredom (and since all my other network games have  gone bust) I have tried PSU. At this point I am not sure if I  am gonna stick with it, but I had a question abou t WT equips.

After reading some of the guides, I’ve started to  question my palette.

Since I play a Newearl and tend to use a Technic-c entred style, does anyone have a recommendation of  what is the better left-hand weapon to use? If so , would you care to elaborate on the reasons for y our choice? At this point, I am still getting a feel for thing s, and looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

mll
Feb 12, 2009, 03:38 PM
Use both.
If you want to use techs then tech mags are a great option, they fire faster (except hold techs use a wand for them) and let you keep a melee weapon handy.
But you'll need cards. Your going to use at the very least one ranged weapon (for melee / tech resistant enemies) and cards are by far your best ranged weapon.
I find making one set pallet is a mistake for a WT. You have such a varied range of weapons all of which are useful in one way or another. They have low PA caps so leveling a large number of PA's isn't much of an issue. And they have low atp and ata so having the right weapon for whatever situation you find yourself in is your only means of competing really (not that you can compete since WT is ... well its a rubbish class really)
WT is all about versatility use everything available to you.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 12, 2009, 05:20 PM
WT as newman ewww i didnt like it much but it also depends on how you want to use your char.I made a beast WT and i mad him specialize in buffs and all RA/Gi techs and he has every upa for fighter and techer as for newman i dunno how to go about it.....

Gunslinger-08
Feb 12, 2009, 07:23 PM
Back when my Newearl was a WT, I usually had a melee wep in my right hand and a Tech-MAG equipped to the left for most of my palette slots

Anduril
Feb 12, 2009, 08:44 PM
Back when my Newearl was a WT, I usually had a melee wep in my right hand and a Tech-MAG equipped to the left for most of my palette slots
I did this too, concentrating on linear techs and daggers. I also had a slot for 1 set of twin daggers, 1 slot for a wand/tech-mag combo (for buffs), and 1 for a wand and handgun.

mll
Feb 13, 2009, 01:59 PM
Do you not think AT is more suited to the single-handed weapon fighting.
I use a wand / mag for support techs, and a dagger / mag combo unless I need the ranged weapon. The rest of the palette slots go to 2-handed melee weapons.

Phaesphora
Feb 14, 2009, 02:04 AM
I think part of the thread fell off somewhere... :no:

I'm not sure if you're asking me or another member, mll. I don't know much about AT, other than that it does not help be on my path to becoming a nuker. I'll admit that adjusting WT to use more melee has been a bit awkward, however. I'm still getting a feel for it, but I can't imagine that I'm doing more damage with Skills than with Technics.

Current palette is:

RCSM / [Attack] Wand
RCSM / [Heal] Wand
[Support] TCSM / [Support] Wand
[Attack] TCSM / Saber
[Attack] TCSM / Dagger
Longbow

Should be able to start equipping Cards soon, too, I think. Ultimately though, this Type seems a little off-balance and I will probably not play it past LV 10.

mll
Feb 14, 2009, 01:00 PM
That question wasn't really aimed at anyone. Just seemed like a lot of people where using palettes similar to yours, which would probably be more suited to playing as an AT.
I guarantee you'll do more damage with melee than techs, honestly WT is the worst techer in the game - joint lowest PA cap and lowest TP. You'll actually do more damage against melee-resistant enemies with melee than with techs. There's thousand's of threads around here that will back that up. Techs aren't PSO rubbish but there still pretty rubbish.
Its a silly requirement for MF. Which I presume is what your going for.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 14, 2009, 05:55 PM
Uh, AT is better at attack techs than WT, and the equipment you're using is more consistent with an AT palette than a WT one.

But (and you probably don't want to hear this, but it is unequivocally true) both types are actually more efficient using melee instead of techs for the main source of damage.