PDA

View Full Version : Item dissapearing during a trade... WTF...

PentUpAnger
Feb 10, 2003, 07:26 PM
Ok, I went online last night to trade an item to another PSOW regular and we went through the same routine as we always do.. opening up the trade window and adding the item, then confirming.. etc.. etc..

on the first try right after we both made the final confirmation it said the trade failed. The other person said that it was his fault, so I guess he accidently canceled the trade instead of hitting "OK" or whatever...

So we tried again... and this time the trade went smooth.. and it even said "transferring items" and ended lke any other trade would... but when I went to put the traded item in the bank I noticed I still had my item... and the other person asked if I had the item he was trading me, because he didnt have it anymore.... I looked and looked again, but i didnt have it, and neither did he.. so it just disappeared...

anyone else have this happen?

just curious.

Munki
Feb 10, 2003, 07:32 PM
Yeah, the other party was me, and I can say it was quite frustrating to have it happen.

Has anyone else ever encountered this? Luckily it was an item that isn't too irreplaceable and I can find again in a couple hours, but it does make me a tad wary of trading w/ the trade window in the future.

kagero
Feb 11, 2003, 07:20 PM
I just read this and have to say that I witnessed this happen to two friends of mine last night. We were all in a room, and one was transfering a high mind mag so the other could equip higher techs. The screen said transfering, and then poof, mag was gone, Poor mag, lost in transport....anyway moral to the story, call ST and report bug. If enough people complain about bugs, maybe they'll get them exterminated!

Muku6
Feb 11, 2003, 07:56 PM
Oh my god, thank you. I'm not the only one with something disappearing.

My friend gave me A Sigh of God the other night. He found it on a Love Rappy and had no use for it. I was 1 MST short of the usage requirements and was waiting until I either leveled or found a Mind Material. I kept it on me for a few minutes, then ran back to town and put it safely in the bank, in case anything happened I wanted to still have it.

Well, I went back to fighting for a while, then I found a Mind Material. I was excited and went back to town after using it to go pick up the A Sigh of God to go see how it was. Well, I went to my bank and I searched once and didn't see it. I then frantically searched a second time. I then cursed at Sonic Team and then searched my bank for a 3rd and 4th time. Not there.

I'd like for ST to kind of clear up these bugs. People are now losing items during trades and items put in the bank online. I'm really mad, and my friend said he'll try to get another one for me. :/

Sage2050
Feb 11, 2003, 10:43 PM
that kinda sucks. ill be careful from now on.

Xzen
Feb 12, 2003, 10:50 AM
They way i trade is the good old DC way. Just drop the item.

kagero
Feb 12, 2003, 12:37 PM
its called stop drop and hope! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif until they fix it, its the only way to go.

Barubary6
Feb 12, 2003, 06:57 PM
If you give detailed instructions on how to force this glitch to occur, it would be very helpful in contacting Sonic Team.

-- Barubary

potato
Feb 12, 2003, 07:35 PM
i think someone is cheating doing this. past few nights some low levels around 1+ or 80+ ask me to show them my items. i told them i dont want to trade, but they insist i show. so after i list me items, they guy goes silent. apparently he disconnected himself. unkown whats going on with that, but i don't like it!

CorneliusPower
Feb 12, 2003, 07:36 PM
It's a good thing i dont trade.

Barubary6
Feb 12, 2003, 10:06 PM
If you give detailed instructions on how to force this glitch to occur, it would be very helpful in contacting Sonic Team.

-- Barubary

PentUpAnger
Feb 12, 2003, 10:16 PM
I cant really give any more information on how it occured... nothing else about the trade was any different than any other trade in the past... except an item disappeared...

FYI: something like this occured to me offline about a month ago also... I dropped 4 or so Photon Drops, 1 unopened christmas present, 3 Cakes, and some other common stuff (mates, grinders, and mats)... so I could put them on my other character...

I picked them up and deposited them into the bank after my other character dropped them... Saved/quit the game and started a Single player offline game... went to look at my bank and those items were not there EXCEPT the mates, grinders, and mats...

strange, IMO.

Muku6
Feb 12, 2003, 11:43 PM
Doesn't mean anyone's cheating if this happens.
My friend and I were the only ones in our locked little room online. And there's not much else to say to "help ST".

Fortunately it hasn't happened offline, and only to my one item which happened to be online. I just hope it doesn't affect anyone greatly.

Klakalou
Feb 13, 2003, 01:47 AM
sometime when the game first released, i lost 2 mags!!! pls read...

i had gave some mags to a new ranger to lvl and to gimme the dolphin pb's. then i dropped them back to my hunter, picked them up, and they vanished. funny thing is, i posted this at gfaqs back then and i said it was "gey". so someone little fugger modded me for censory bypass and got me thread deleted. i asked why and someone replied "cuz u said gay". and i said "now thats gey", and i got modded again and the other person didnt. i swear to god if i knew who that little punk was i would beat the shit out of him(i was so angry, it still makes me mad thinking about it). why would i do such a harsh thing? im 18 years old, i dont need some little kid telling me and cant say "gey" when that is a internet slang word which was not meant to be a bypass for "gay". just like ppl say "i pwn j00!". Second, i was telling ppl about a glitch in the game, i thought i was helping and that was how i got treated.

sorry, just my rant...