PDA

View Full Version : Acrotecher

Majarra
Feb 13, 2009, 03:58 AM
I know all the basics of AT. Its just a race thing. Should i stick with my human F AT. Or quit that and switch around between FM and AT on my 139 CAST? Is it better to have different characters? Is it annoying to keep switching classes, depositing weapons, and changing PAs? Is the slight increase in ATP and ATA + paradi worth it? Not to mention this ones almost capped compared to my lvl 97. I also dont use attack techs. Just buffs, resta, reverser, twins, and maybe some dagger/whip/saber action.

Anduril
Feb 13, 2009, 04:00 AM
If that is your play style, I say go with switching classes on your cast as the only thing holding a cast back from being a good techer is TP, but since you don't use attack techs that point is moot.

ashley50
Feb 13, 2009, 05:10 AM
go with what floats your boat.

DarkEliteRico
Feb 13, 2009, 06:51 AM
Dude I feel you there, with everything that has happened recently I don't really want to level up another character in place of my gunmaster. I thought about putting all my acrotecher stuff on RahXephon and hunting for things again, but I use techs somewhat, I might give it a try.

Berri is a good AT from what I remember, keep molly-whopping things with Kranz I'd say, but again it's all up to you

Magus_84
Feb 13, 2009, 07:41 AM
I'd stick with the human. The "is it annoying to switch classes" question is one only you can answer for yourself...but for me, personally, it's annoying as hell.

Caseal gains 136 HP, 48 ATP, 19 DFP and 88 ATA for losses of 780 TP, 333 EVP and 263 MST. In realistic applications of those stats...the HP probably won't save you, the ATP's sorta insignificant, the ATA is worthless with leveled PAs (due to AT's high ATA mod), the TP's only useful if you use techs, the EVP's only useful if you like blocking and whore both Zodial/Zoldeel, and the MST reduces tech damage by less than half of caseal's HP advantage. So all in all, only a noticeable difference if you're actually using your techs.

Attack techs generally aren't great, but on human AT especially, they have their uses. I'd stick with Ra- and simple series. I like Foie/diga/radiga/megid/razonde very well as supplements to guns and melee, due to AT's machine-gun casting speed with a madoog. Especially with the event on, it'd be worth your while to level them now. Human AT's stats are a bit wasted if you don't make use of the TP you do have, leveraging it with your casting speed. Hold/dam- techs are a bit of a waste on AT, IMO.

Caseal has Paradi, which if it's enough for you to make the choice, then that should be all you need.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 13, 2009, 12:03 PM
If your human is a decent level, then have her do it. They take advantage of AT's stat modifiers better than anyone else. Multi-classing is a waste of time for the most part. Alts help spread out your PAs and no annoying swapping. They make keeping storage more organized. I couldn't imagine holding all of Nova's and ANA's equipment as it is too much for my storage to handle right now..

Gen2000
Feb 13, 2009, 01:19 PM
Since you say you don't use attack techs then you kind of wasting time raising the Human AT. The only claim Human Female AT has over Caseals is better balance of melee and tech damage (and more variety of clothing options, heh).

ShouriShokkou
Feb 13, 2009, 02:52 PM
Honestly, a CAST Acrotecher sounds like a bad idea to me, but then again, I'm a Beast Wartecher, so who am I to judge? :lol:

My advice to you is that there's no such thing as a bad build in this game. If a CAST goes Fortetecher, he won't do as much technic damage as a Newman, but he can at least take few more hits. If a Newman rolls Fortefighter, they won't be critting as high as a Beast on Jabroga, but they'll hit more often. Everything sorta balances out, you just have to figure out which one suits your play style best.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 14, 2009, 11:43 AM
Cast AT own i have one and FT u just have to know how to use them to the advantage and yes BEAST WT OWN so do beast gunners.

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 14, 2009, 11:57 AM
Cast AT own i have one and FT u just have to know how to use them to the advantage and yes BEAST WT OWN so do beast gunners.

Any race can play an AT, they just do it slightly differently. As for a CAST FT, well, people do stupid things every day. Curious but what advantage does a CAST FT have exactly?

DreXxiN
Feb 14, 2009, 12:07 PM
Removed due to Seo posting on this account.

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 14, 2009, 12:13 PM
Paradi.

Paradi's damage is based upon your base ATP. So much for that advantage.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 14, 2009, 12:41 PM
What i notcie about cast At is that they do more SE than other when casting nosdiga on my cast it works better than it would my newman or beast but its equal to human

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 14, 2009, 12:48 PM
What i notcie about cast At is that they do more SE than other when casting nosdiga on my cast it works better than it would my newman or beast but its equal to human

Laying a status effects is based on the STA/END of the enemy and the SE level of the PA/weapon. Race has nothing to do with it.

This is how bad information gets started and spread among the community. For a complete listing of enemies and what SEs can affect them, check out http://www.amesani.org/psu/db/enemy/properties.php.

DreXxiN
Feb 14, 2009, 01:05 PM
Removed due to Seo posting on my account.

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 14, 2009, 01:15 PM
It does more damage then a beasts nano, and having that over nothing (like humans/newmans) makes their DPS higher.
Just because an AT's paradi can't do as much as a FMs paradi, means it's obsolete. That's just how broken it is. You do remember it also freezes everything in the room right? For a support character, SE is important. I'm sorry but a nano can't SE.

Don't forget that a CAST FT has 1,000+ less TP than their Human/Newman counterpart. This means less damage from technics and not even an SUV can make up this lost damage. Keep telling yourself that getting an SUV every 3-4 minutes makes up for losing hundreds of damage every time you cast a technic. Also note that the Paradi's freeze SE is always broken in one hit.

DreXxiN
Feb 14, 2009, 01:25 PM
Remove due to Seo posting on my account.

Kylie
Feb 14, 2009, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't axe off your human. It's nice to have a variety of characters to play. Hell, even three characters of the same race with different appearances does it for me, and only sticking to your CAST might be something you regret later.

Also, what do you gain from ditching your human AT? Thankfully, choosing any race as an AT isn't much of a sin because support doesn't rely on TP a lot, but do you enjoy using other TECHNICs? I say let the human live. It's ultimately up to you, but you can always experiment with AT on your CAST while keeping her too to see what interests you most.

DreXxiN
Feb 14, 2009, 05:09 PM
I think Seo's posting on my account, I don't remember posting at all in this thread, lol.

But yeah, agreed for the most part that you can stay. I don't have AT on my CAST, it's 20 on my human, but I think you lose out on more damage with human. You really are supposed to just support though, so remember that that is your main role. That and I also beleive that you will do more damage using melee with paradi than you will usin gtechs, at least 90% of the time.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 14, 2009, 05:50 PM
I'd say that, considering Paradi, Cast is the best for AT, then Beast, then Human, then Newman last. Were Paradi out of the equation, Cast would be third best. Yes, Paradi is that good/broken.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 14, 2009, 06:09 PM
well my sta/end on my cast isd lower than it was my newman so can u please let me know then since it aint addin up.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 14, 2009, 07:07 PM
well my sta/end on my cast isd lower than it was my newman so can u please let me know then since it aint addin up.
Simple: your Newman was female and your Cast is male.

Majarra
Feb 14, 2009, 07:08 PM
Yea im sticking with human. Im actually trying techs. got the ra- series past 11 except radiga. and im gonna lvl foie, diga, nosdiga, and noszonde. Im actually having fun lvling them too. so human it is. thx for the ideas.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 14, 2009, 11:48 PM
my cast is female and hope ya have fun wityh the human

Shou
Feb 15, 2009, 03:07 AM
Yup CAST Female is the best race for AT

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 15, 2009, 10:16 AM
Yup CAST Female is the best race for AT

I never understood why a CAST female would be better than a male for an AT. Both of them have very little TP so the added bonus for a female will not make any difference. The other defensive stats are all but pointless and the female has less HP, ATP and ATA. Again, why is a CAST female better?

mvffin
Feb 15, 2009, 03:37 PM
female has +1 sta, and looks better. That's all I can think of. 0_o

DreXxiN
Feb 15, 2009, 03:38 PM
female has +1 sta, and looks better. That's all I can think of. 0_o

This, unless you're Lyzael Guardian or Barnacleez.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 15, 2009, 08:04 PM
I just liek cast females lol u can dress hem up better

Gen2000
Feb 16, 2009, 12:59 PM
Paradi's damage is based upon your base ATP. So much for that advantage.

Paradi even from a Cast AT can still clear out rooms of small-mid size enemies on the current S2s. It also dishes out a big chunk of damage to big mobs before finishing them off with Hikai/Spinning Strike.

Cast MF/FT are the only Cast combos with bad Paradi.

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 16, 2009, 01:14 PM
Paradi even from a Cast AT can still clear out rooms of small-mid size enemies on the current S2s. It also dishes out a big chunk of damage to big mobs before finishing them off with Hikai/Spinning Strike.

Cast MF/FT are the only Cast combos with bad Paradi.

My reply was in response to a CAST FT so thank you for agreeing with me.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 16, 2009, 02:34 PM
And what bad with a cast FT/MF i have all Techer classes on my cast and i admit its sukks being MF/Ft with paradi but AT Owns its but as cast Ft you cant rely on paradi as much as you would AT.

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 16, 2009, 02:47 PM
And what bad with a cast FT/MF i have all Techer classes on my cast and i admit its sukks being MF/Ft with paradi but AT Owns its but as cast Ft you cant rely on paradi as much as you would AT.

CAST has the lowest TP of any race. Couple this with the % based bonus for each type and the CAST gains very little TP per level. A CAST would need a 10/10 Psycho Wand to even compare to a female Newman using a C-rank rod with no grinds. Even Paradi can't overcome that type of handicap.