PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth trading Zon-spheres for Photon Fragments?

Evo Tengoku
Feb 13, 2009, 08:32 PM
New to the game and have lots of zonspheres from the event. Should I trade them for photon fragments and in turn get killer shot? Thanks in advance.

BeanyMcBeany
Feb 13, 2009, 08:51 PM
yes u should:-P

Smidge204
Feb 13, 2009, 09:19 PM
Killer shot is "meh" but it does have a noticeable impact when fighting large groups of small enemies, especially robots. It's also a bitch to level.

As for the PAs... what level are you? You get PA fragments for completing S rank and higher missions, and you can get lots of frags from playing the story missions (10 PA frags for S ranking them, which is a cakewalk if your character is leveled up enough).

Personally, I'd be converting Zon Spheres into money by trading them for items and selling them. I got a 1M meseta for a Falclaw easy, probably could've gotten more, and a stack of spheres piles up every other day at my current rate.

Edit: Plasma Bows will NPC for 25K making each Zon Sphere worth 1250 meseta, effectively. That's the best rate outside of player shops, which can be a gamble.

You can get PA frags any time.
=Smidge=

mvffin
Feb 13, 2009, 09:22 PM
you can get PA frags any time, and a lot of the event items are only available during the event. The choice should be obvious.

Evo Tengoku
Feb 13, 2009, 09:24 PM
I'm still in the low 60s. Fortegunner 7 I think. Been doing the event while I can . Then I will try s-rank missions.

Smidge204
Feb 13, 2009, 09:32 PM
At level 60 you should have little trouble S-ranking the first few chapters of Ep 2 story mode. The downside is you have to sit through the dialog, but at 10 PAfs per mission and two missions per chapter, you'll rack up 90 PAfs in one sitting. There are 16 chapters available right now, so that's 320 PAfs per character waiting to be harvested.

Concentrate on the event for its boosted EXP rates, which will likely get you to level 90+ easy by the end of next week (I'm assuming you play at least an hour a day on average...) Go for the items/money/EXP now, which will make PA farming that much easier later.
=Smidge=

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 14, 2009, 11:44 AM
at level 60 you can run s2 of old psu missions CoR and seabed and a few more i can help ya just add me

Dhylec
Feb 14, 2009, 11:53 AM
It's good to trade those spheres for event-only prizes, since you can get frags anytime. The event prizes will be gone soon after the event is over.

However, it's also good to trade from some frags for frag PAs if you intend to do more event runs. I suggest doing that after getting at least one of the prizes.

See, if you get the frag PA, in your case, KS, you would earn back those spheres while leveling your PA. It's a win-win situation if you look at it this way. ;]

Evo Tengoku
Feb 19, 2009, 11:18 AM
OK well I tried a story mission just to get a feel for it.....omg so much dialog ^^;

Haven't traded for any fragments. Sold 2x claws and im saving these next few Zonspheres for the new releases on Friday? :-?

stukasa
Feb 19, 2009, 12:04 PM
Wait until near the end of the event. If you've gotten all the event items you want and don't need any more tickets to run the bonus missions, then go ahead and trade some of your remaining spheres for PA frags. But PA frags are easy to get and later on you'll probably have too many of them anyway.

Evo Tengoku
Feb 19, 2009, 03:12 PM
Yeah. I got Gunmaster lv1 last night and was able to get an ok palette/armor for now.

Hanz Gropenfondel
Feb 22, 2009, 04:37 PM
Sure, I think so.
Most of the trade-ins are pretty rubbish.
Depending on how many spheres I get in a day,
I'll either get PA frags or a Falclaw.
Falclaw is good for a quick Million and a half meseta.

Dragwind
Feb 22, 2009, 05:03 PM
If you have excess and want a PA art quick, then sure.