PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Portable Demo Refuses to Load

Jepp027
Feb 13, 2009, 08:48 PM
Please, please help me all of you PSP and Phantasy Star Guru's

I am unable to play my downloaded demo the Phantasy Star Portable (English NA Version), I have it all setup properly in the right folder, it loads up to the warning screen (for seizures, and excessive play) then it kicks me out and says, "The game cannot be started. (80010087). I read this is a UMD error but I have no UMD inserted and all else play fine. I am curious as to those who have this or other demos installed on a PSP Fat with CFW 5.0 M33-6. What are your network recovery settings set to? (Holding Down R after powering up) I am hoping these settings are what is preventing me so its fixable, any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

D14BL0
Feb 13, 2009, 09:49 PM
You downloaded the .cso file. PhSP won't run as a .cso, so you'll need to convert it to an .iso file. Use Google to find out how.

You're welcome.

Jepp027
Feb 13, 2009, 10:21 PM
I tried that as well, just put the .iso file (which is over 400MB) into the ISO folder, but not in a subfolder, this also refuses to work. Displays the game but never loads, slightly different error such as The game cannot be started. (80010080) or so. Do I have to rename any of the files to anything in particular. If I am placing it anywhere wrong let me know. I still think it is a network recovery issue. But if you can get this working with me, I would be extremely happy.

D14BL0
Feb 13, 2009, 10:33 PM
You using the demo file that was posted in the earlier thread, or from somewhere else?

Jepp027
Feb 14, 2009, 12:49 AM
I am using the demo that was posted in the earlier thread, the Megavideo/megaupload one, also tried the one directly from the Playstation store via PC, also the one directly downloaded from the psp. Man I have tried em all, in every folder. You'll be my hero if you can get it working like I said before, so frustrating. Lol

blyr
Feb 14, 2009, 02:58 AM
Try disabling plugins, that seems to help everyone on GameFAQ's.

Jepp027
Feb 14, 2009, 09:20 AM
Try disabling plugins, that seems to help everyone on GameFAQ's.
Disabled plugins, nothing helping there, I just tried. Do I have to add a plugin?

RED_cast
Feb 15, 2009, 12:20 AM
i have the same problem. CFW on my phat don't work and an offical slim don't work either. i got mine from the link. is it DRMed?

aarosmashguy
Feb 15, 2009, 01:39 AM
if anything I'd suggest just finding an internet connection and downloading it from the playstation store. It only takes like 30 minutes.

D14BL0
Feb 15, 2009, 03:55 PM
Disabled plugins, nothing helping there, I just tried. Do I have to add a plugin?

If you're running an M33 CFW, you don't need any additional plugins. You're running 5.0 which should be fine, since that what I'm using. I got the same error message as you did before, but that was because I initially tried to run it as a cso. To be honest, I don't have any other suggestions, myself. It sounds like everything you're doing should be the same as mine.

Try this, though. Go into recovery and make sure your options match mine. I'm not sure which (if any) will make any difference, but just to make sure that everything matches, here's my setup:

Configuration
-Skip logo disabled
-Hide corrupt icons disabled
-Game folder homebrew 5.xx Kernel
-Autorun program disabled
-UMD mode Normal -UMD required-
-Fake region disabled
-Use VshMenu enabled
-XMB USB device memory stick
-Charge batt when USB plugged enabled
-Use M33 network update enabled
-Hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.png in game menu disabled
-Use verstion.txt disabled
-Speed up MS access always

The rest of the options won't matter. If you match your settings to this, and you successfully changed the .cso file to an .iso and put it in the right directory, I cannot see any reason why you can't run the file, and I'm entirely out of ideas.

if anything I'd suggest just finding an internet connection and downloading it from the playstation store. It only takes like 30 minutes.

Most people with CFW can't download it from the PSN, returns the same errors.

falco216
Feb 16, 2009, 11:59 PM
Make sure the CSO is in the ISO folder and not anywhere else.

In the recovery menu, go to configuration and set it to "Normal -UMD required-" insert a game UMD into your PSP.

Should work fine after that, it runs perfectly for me.

D14BL0
Feb 17, 2009, 02:23 AM
Make sure the CSO is in the ISO folder and not anywhere else.

In the recovery menu, go to configuration and set it to "Normal -UMD required-" insert a game UMD into your PSP.

Should work fine after that, it runs perfectly for me.

You mean the ISO, right? PhSP refuses to load as CSO for most people.

In fact, when I tried as a CSO, it prompted me with a warning screen about playing video games for too long, and then prompted me the error message.

Unless you did get it to run as a CSO (in which case I'm curious to know more about how it runs and the load speeds when it's compressed, as I'm just about out of space on my MS), then please share some more details.

falco216
Feb 17, 2009, 11:02 AM
Mine runs as a CSO, runs perfectly. Are you sure you have a UMD in the slot? If you don't you will get an error while trying to load it.

Edit: It has to be a game UMD, not a movie one.

psppinoy
Mar 3, 2009, 02:18 PM
i had the same error with the cso but i fixed it immediately
what i did was changed the umd mode to np9660 (-no umd-)
then in recovery menu go to advanced then to advanced configuration-
disable plain modules in umd/iso
disable execute boot.bin in umd/iso
this worked in 4.01 m33-2