PDA

View Full Version : valentines & s-rank thoughts

the_af
Feb 10, 2003, 08:56 PM
one: Besides giving the chocolate to someone (what does it do, anyways?) is there any reason you need a girl and a guy for the valentines quest? It seems you can do everything by yourself.

two: completing 9 challenge stages must be a pretty hard thing to do, if you get a special weapon for it, but all the whining (about them not being as strong, or that you can't use them online right now) that i'm seeing is getting ridiculous. also, asking for a free month on your HL because a server bug banned you for a day? isn't that a little overboard? reply with your thoughts please :D

Muku6
Feb 10, 2003, 09:25 PM
ONE: I guess Sonic Team just wants you to play with your PSO sweetie. ^_^ Haven't played the quest so I assume if they tell you you need to play with one male and one female, it's required, but there's not telling with ST.

TWO: Can't say much for CMode other than it's not really my thing, and with the whining makes me feel like I'm not missing much. Technically with the banning though I don't blame them for whining. Sonic Team obviously didn't prepare the US Servers. Someone's brain wasn't there the night they were suppose to probably lift the ban. I do think asking for a free month is a bit overboard, but you can't help it. They should have really planned better.

the_af
Feb 10, 2003, 09:35 PM
it's not required, as i did the quest myself a little bit ago. As i see it, the only reason to play it with more than one person is to give them the chocolate, which i still have no clue of in regards to effects. thanks for replying!

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 10, 2003, 09:49 PM
While I dont really see Sega handing out a whole month free for this recent folly, I don't blame folks for complaining. Sega has dropped the ball twice within as many weeks. First it was corruption, now those who didn't suffer the corruption and completed c-mode are punted for having item they legally received. Whats next for Sega? Pouring sugar in your gas tank?

And lets imagine for a second that ST has a 3 strikes policy. Say you get banned for this folly, then the same stunt happens again when Ep. II c-mode is officially opened. Thats twice you can possibly get banned because ST didn't set the US servers properly. One more mistake or another ST folly and you're screwed out of the game.

ST has really fumbled. I'd like to see some sort prize for US gamers for this crap. Would it be that difficult to enable a JP only quest for US gamers? Or even a special US only quest?

Sedyne
Feb 10, 2003, 09:54 PM
I'm pissed i have to grind this thing to 250. My friend Dyne who posts here as HC82 has an srank sword fully grinded to 250. Apparently it now adds 700 atp, where at first it only added 200. MAby the outlook for sranks isn't so bad but uh i think sonic team are jackasses for making em this way. The strength should be win them allready in my opinion....just not be able to grind them duh.

IronKnight
Feb 10, 2003, 09:59 PM
They did this on PSO v1 also... I remember when I upgrade to v2 and paid my fee. After playing for a couple weeks I decided there wasn't enough new stuff to hold my interest so I canceled my subscription. I later tried to go back to PSO v1 and play free of charge to no avail; they had banned my serial key. When I called they gave me a run around and eventually to me that "You should just buy another copy of the game... It's not worth the hassle". On that day SEGA lost a customer. I would venture to say SEGA is trying to pull the same unchecked fraud on GC. Just be vigilant and If you feel you are being cheated SPEAK UP!!! If it gets really bad just don't pay for it anymore, companies responded to drops in funds. The only reason I am going to give PSO on Xbox a chance is because with MS in charge of fee handling and I trust them more than I do SEGA :/

AssyrianKing
Feb 10, 2003, 10:55 PM
how much ata does the s rank sword add?

700 atp is pretty good (worse than red sword though :/), but it better have more than 37 ata

EDarkness
Feb 11, 2003, 03:43 PM
I don't think everyone should get upset about the S-Rank thing. It's a simple problem that can be easily fixed. And apparently they're working on it. I'm pretty sure it was not put down intentionally.

What bothers me is the Valentines Day quest. It's so simple and lame that I wonder why they even bothered in the first place. I was looking forward to doing this quest with a good PSO friend of mine and in the end it wasn't even worth the wait. I surely hope there's more to it, but somehow I doubt it. Shows a severe lack of creativity on Sonic Team's part. If we're paying to play we deserve better than this. Ugh.

Ahem...

Anyway, I guess I'll make a few more Famitsu runs when I get home to blow off a little steam. At least that quest turned out to be something interesting. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-EDarkness

LamerPanda
Feb 11, 2003, 03:59 PM
I have to wonder why they put the VR typing quest on the US ships.

What's the point when so few people have keyboards? It's nice to have and all, but it's near-impossible to beat without a keyboard...

I figured out that shortcuts that you type out work, though, so I'm going to check the longest ones, set them as shortcuts, and be prepared for the next time I do it. ^-^;

As for the C-Mode bannings: Can you still use the weapons offline? I'd just stick them on another memory card and play offline for a day. It'll be fixed soon, I'm sure.

RellikTakahashi
Feb 11, 2003, 05:19 PM
what does the Valentines day quest give you as a rare? never done it because i been offline since january 5 2003

the_af
Feb 11, 2003, 05:30 PM
if you do it a certain way you get a downloadable game for gba