PDA

View Full Version : for all u people worried about AR...

ICANSEEYOU7687
Feb 10, 2003, 09:39 PM
LoL i cant stand it anymore reading all those post...you dont have to fear about the action replay, AR, and PSO
(by the way AR is GS now...gameshark doesnt exactly exsist anymore, but there sites still up for codes and stuff...but its now Action Replay)
I have e-mailed them, and talked to there message board administrators. They will not be making codes for PSO on the action relay. SO STOP WORRING!! well at least until the code breaker comes out, LOL...thats a different story.

Raist
Feb 10, 2003, 10:07 PM
Weren't all the real pain in the ass codes made by players anyway? I could be wrong here but I didn't think that codes for NOLing and CKing and such were released by the companies that made the cheat devices. Someone correct me if i'm wrong because i'm really not sure.

kidterru
Feb 11, 2003, 02:47 PM
yeah, i also heard that the codes were made by the players.

ICANSEEYOU7687
Feb 11, 2003, 03:16 PM
...i dunno, i think the codes for the systems now are a lot more advanced...i doubt they could, theres no thing in the AR that lets you make ur own codes...well i dont think...

tiger80272
Feb 11, 2003, 08:15 PM
that is a relief...when I get around to buying a hl i don't want to get pk'd, fsod'd, or bsod'd. That would definitely ruin my first online PSO experience. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

ALPHAM0F0
Feb 11, 2003, 08:30 PM
the codes were made by "barubury"
for the origonal one's atleast

tgif
Feb 12, 2003, 02:24 AM
i'm really angry but still i gotta admit one day pso GC will be hacked... even if u can't hack online one day ppl will be able to dupe or create objects offline... remember on DC, hackers could still make objects offline.
it's a matter off time...

Zell_Hogmaw
Feb 13, 2003, 12:25 AM
wait........you cant make codes with the Action Replay?!?!?! DAMMIT! ...................

Gartywood
Feb 13, 2003, 09:14 PM
the way i hear it you can make codes with action replay...although barubary wont be making codes for the GC version which will mean someone else will have to step forward. If we are lucky it will still be unencrypted and ST will be able to detect its use online and avoid the online cheats. Codebreaker is scarry though because it is encrypted and St will have to decrypt the codes to detect them.

Zell_Hogmaw
Feb 14, 2003, 12:23 AM
im getting a Codebreaker, baby!

battlingbee
Feb 14, 2003, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately, there will always be some yahoo who will spend haurs and hours on end trying to hack anything. Codes will eventually pop up and we can only hope that ST has added some solutions. Of course the best defense is to be aware and play with people you know. That's not always possible, and the idea is to make new friends. Just be aware and be prepared to quit out of a game at a seconds notice.

As for the PAR, I'm not certain if it has a "code trainer" or not, but it still has the capacity to add new codes. So there is a way to hack new codes. (I have a friend who can look at a string of PS2 GS hexidecimal code on paper and then he can make some educated guesses to other codes which by experience work about 75% of the time.)

Hopefully the factors of community, intolerance for disruptive behavior, ST policy and server side software, and the fact that you have to pay-to-play on the GC and the X-Box, (free in the US on the DC back in the day..."nothing to lose" and little jerks who don't have a credit card could get on), will keep that portion of the online population down.

PentUpAnger
Feb 14, 2003, 05:46 PM
Barubary is getting too much credit...

If you were actually paying attention when all of this went down in the DC version you would know it wasn't "just" Barubary... there was another guy helping him out.. or was he doing it all and everyone just looked at Barubary as the bad guy...?

Barubary was there... but there was another invisible party that was there too...

I wont say more about it...

btw... anything that runs of hex or any other form of encryption can be "hacked" (the best word for it that I could think of), so all in due time there will be codes from others to be used on the AR... So the mods/idiots at Codejunkies can sit there all day saying that Datel wont release PSO codes, but that wont stop others from doing it.

Change is coming and no one can stop it... and THAT sucks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PentUpAnger on 2003-02-14 14:50 ]</font>

Sashi
Feb 15, 2003, 10:40 PM
On 2003-02-10 18:39, ICANSEEYOU7687 wrote:
LoL i cant stand it anymore reading all those post...you dont have to fear about the action replay, AR, and PSO
(by the way AR is GS now...gameshark doesnt exactly exsist anymore, but there sites still up for codes and stuff...but its now Action Replay)
I have e-mailed them, and talked to there message board administrators. They will not be making codes for PSO on the action relay. SO STOP WORRING!! well at least until the code breaker comes out, LOL...thats a different story.

Actually, your info on the AR being Gameshark is off.

Madcatz recently purchased the Gameshark. Datel is a seperate company. Action replay is a seperate product.

So Action Replay=Datel

Gameshark=Madcatz.

Here is a link if you dont belive the madcatz thing: http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/press_releases.jsp?from=in&row=3&id=64&showDetails=1

Zell_Hogmaw
Feb 17, 2003, 12:03 AM
CHEATERS WIN! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA::Cough gag cough:: whooooo ::Cough:: i need some water......

Tellah
Feb 21, 2003, 04:08 AM
On 2003-02-13 18:14, Gartywood wrote:
Codebreaker is scarry though because it is encrypted and St will have to decrypt the codes to detect them.

Encrypted, meaning encrypted on the disk.
Which means your "Average Joe" will not be able to make codes easily, but it's still possible since it will have to support code saves one way or another to update it with codes for new games.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I read that the GC has no internal memory other than it's RAM, so a supremely easy fix would be for ST to implement a RAM wipe on connection to the servers. Offline codes would still work but none online.

Sashi
Feb 21, 2003, 06:12 AM
And as for the internal memory, thats correct, the GC doesnt have RAM for storage the same way the DC did.

Vic_Viper
Feb 22, 2003, 07:12 PM
Gameshark was a make up for Action Replay, which is developed by Datel. That's why PS2 GS discs bear a text which tells it's made in england. Which is really true. But now as Mad Catz bought the brand and Datel wishes to sell AR directly in USA, I think the Gameshark software now will be a FCD device (FCD, or at least people who worked for them, as the company broke, I think. Btw ... they made Xploder, which is the original software that got renamed as Code Breaker in USA)
About FCD it's just a suposition, as I'm not sure what will be of Gameshar now without Datel developing it's engine. True indeed, for now people can say GS isn't AR, but that is not true for older Gameshark devices.

RagMasterRappy
Feb 22, 2003, 10:07 PM
On 2003-02-21 01:08, Tellah wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but, I read that the GC has no internal memory other than it's RAM, so a supremely easy fix would be for ST to implement a RAM wipe on connection to the servers. Offline codes would still work but none online.

That's correct but if you wiped RAM before going online then.. Oops, no more PSO. The game would be gone until you hard reset the system. Like in the DC version, they'll probably just make the program resident in memory.