PDA

View Full Version : PSP Is there another way to use xlink Kai?

Kevoshi
Feb 15, 2009, 01:56 PM
i was looking around for a wifi max card to use xlink kai. but to my luck they are backordered and it will probably be a long time before i can get one. i have heard and read that there are people that are able to use their own wireless connection(without a wifi max) to use kai but i can not find a walkthrough that tells me how to install it. would anyone happen to know how/where i could find it?

.newzero
Feb 15, 2009, 02:37 PM
you absolutely do NOT need the datel wlan stick. you can use whatever you like/have with xlink kai.

the reason why everybody says you should use the datel one is that only a handfull of people could get it to work with other sticks (like me, i have several sticks and internal wlan cards) oh and you have to find it out for yourself how it works.

D14BL0
Feb 15, 2009, 04:04 PM
Some people can do it with their own equipment. Some can't. PhSP changes the SSID between matchmaking and going into the actual gameplay, so whatever wireless equipment you use needs to be able to change the SSID quickly enough to not drop your connection, otherwise you'll never get into a game. Test it out; if it works, it works. If not, you need new wireless equipment.

juonior
Feb 15, 2009, 07:13 PM
can u use xlink kai with a regular home router?

Dymalos
Feb 17, 2009, 07:19 AM
You can only use a router directly, if it happens to be the Linksys WRTG54 and only with custom firmware loaded onto to it. Also you can't use Xlink Kai with just any wifi adapter, you're going to require a wireless adapter that has "promiscuous" mode. I personally use the Planex GW-USMini2n, which is recommended by Xlink and comes with pretty good instructions as well as drivers with a built in "psp link" mode.