PDA

View Full Version : Ad-Hoc Party US meet-up thread/Ad-Hoc Party FAQ

Chuck_Norris
Feb 16, 2009, 02:17 AM
If you got the english PSP demo, and have a PS3, download the Ad-Hoc Party off of the japanese playstation store, and meet up with us. Please use this thread to organize where and when to meet.

Oh, and if you want to add me to your friends list, my PSN is FunkyChunkyDude.
Our offical server is World C, Lobby 20. If you can't find anyone there, try J-50. That's the general English speaking server for all games.

Don't click here-|
FAQ-----------v
[spoiler-box]
Where can I get Ad-Hoc Party?
You need to have a Playstation 3, and a PSP. As far as I know, any generation PSP will do. (I personally use a first generation)
You need to make a japanese playstation network account to download it. Once you're done, go to the playstation store, and pick the option with stars around the lettering. You should have two options. One is the Ad-Hoc, and one is a trailer or something I think. Also, you will need to create a connection between your PSP and PS3. Refer to this guy on that.
http://connect-psp-to-ps3.blogspot.com/

I load up Ad-Hoc, but nothing happens when I hit any of the options!
Keep in mind, this is a japanese program. In Japan, they use Circle to select options, and X to cancel.

OMGWTF WUT DO I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO??//?/?.<./?:LL!1!2;!!!!!
1: Pick up a gun.
2: Aim at your head.
3: Pull trigger.

What do I do from here?
From the main menu, turn your PSP on, go into the PSP demo, and go to the point where you can pick to either make a new party, or join one. The differences are pretty self explanatory. We'll go with joinning a game. (I'll explain how to host later down) and select the 3rd option down on Ad-Hoc Party.
Give your PS3 a minute to connect with your PSP first.
After, chose the option on the left. You can then chose a world to join. If there's anyone in that world playing the PSP demo, you will automaticly join that lobby when you select it. You'll be in a green area with you, and probably some other people. The houses represent a party. To join one, move your cursor over the house and select the 2nd option. If you're not playing the same game as the host is, you won't be able to join. (Error message 5007)
The host can't be in a mission for you to join, so wait untill they go to the point where you can join them. You can use the Ad-Hoc to communicate with them either by plugging a USB keyboard into your PS3, or using a mic.

How to host a game
In PSP, chose to create a new party. Wait at that screen for people to join. You'll need to select the first option on Ad-Hoc Party. You then pick a world. Use L1 and R1 to select the world, and move your left joystick to the lobby you want to go to. Hold the joystick there, and hit Circle to enter that lobby. To make a room, move your curser anywhere on the map that doesn't have a house or person on it, hit circle, and chose the 2nd option. You can then pick various options for your party. I'm not entirely sure on all of them, but the first option is the name of the room, and the last is to make the party. Now just wait for people to join, and and have fun!

I get an error (2005) and the only english words in it is Playstation 3 and LAN?
If you get this, there's a simple solution, connect your PS3 via Ethernet. So directly to a modem or router. (My PS3 was in the living room, so I had to move it into my bedroom. It's better because I feel more comfortable hunting in my room, but if i want to play my PS3 games, I have to go back to my living room since thats where the HD-TV is.)

(Special thanks to Kimsey for this one.)

Can I use this without a PS3?
No.

Can you-
No.

But-
No.
[/spoiler-box]

Alternate FAQ: (Recomended) With video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Kfm0gCTX0

That's the guide for making a Japanese PSN account.
The 2nd to last option on the list is the Ad-Hoc option. Has Stars around the text.

Here is a guide for setting up Ad-Hoc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnGoIgZwavs

If you have any additional questions that aren't answered here, please feel free to ask.

Arika
Feb 16, 2009, 09:17 AM
hmm, don't you better wait the real version? demo only has 3 missions, it gonna get bored fast.

Although my comment to PSP demo is that :

1. It seem to give me more fun than the main game honestly... (duno why?, because of rebalanced? or because of monster has higher level than us who capped at lv 20? ...or because it has the same feeling as the time when PSU just launch and we all turn into beginer again?)

2. The diga with knock away effect is <3, but the technora B rank Shadog is crazy, it need to get nerfed badly lol. ( lv 20 newman female with 47% ice grinded 10 of that = auto shotgun 4 ice bullet with very fast shooting rate and damage for 200x4.... =,=
that is better damage than what my Cast ranger lv 20 in JP demo can do with his ice shotgun...
oh... and my Diga with B rank GRM wand only do 200x1...)

Amherst_Wind
Feb 16, 2009, 12:10 PM
2. The diga with knock away effect is <3, but the technora B rank Shadog is crazy, it need to get nerfed badly lol. ( lv 20 newman female with 47% ice grinded 10 of that = auto shotgun 4 ice bullet with very fast shooting rate and damage for 200x4.... =,=
that is better damage than what my Cast ranger lv 20 in JP demo can do with his ice shotgun...
oh... and my Diga with B rank GRM wand only do 200x1...)

Wait til you get A rank Tenora Shadogs! They're even better, I use them all the time. Also Diga knockback works for enemies also... it can make fighting multiple 'Special Ops (Vobis)' or the Vanda family (anything that casts Diga really) very annoying.

Rubyelt
Feb 16, 2009, 02:06 PM
Well my ID is Rubyelt if im online just give me a message I want to play this demo badly.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 16, 2009, 04:12 PM
hmm, don't you better wait the real version? demo only has 3 missions, it gonna get bored fast.

Although my comment to PSP demo is that :

1. It seem to give me more fun than the main game honestly... (duno why?, because of rebalanced? or because of monster has higher level than us who capped at lv 20? ...or because it has the same feeling as the time when PSU just launch and we all turn into beginer again?)

Doesn't that totally contradict your first statement? I'll change the title when the full version comes out. In the meantime, this is for those who want to play PSP with other people in english.

XenoNinjaX
Feb 16, 2009, 06:53 PM
i have a pc connected to internet via wireless usb adapter, and then i used internet share to PS3. it connected and worked for like 20 minutes, and then it stopped. i tried to set it up again on my pc, but it then said it cannot do the internet share due to same IP something blah blah.

so is it technically possible to set adhoc part by doing what i did, or is it necessary to connect PS3 directly to router by wire?

also i said it worked for 20 minutes. it did, and i was browsing those lobbies and got confused how to create or join parties. any guide on how to go through those?

Chuck_Norris
Feb 16, 2009, 08:35 PM
i have a pc connected to internet via wireless usb adapter, and then i used internet share to PS3. it connected and worked for like 20 minutes, and then it stopped. i tried to set it up again on my pc, but it then said it cannot do the internet share due to same IP something blah blah.

so is it technically possible to set adhoc part by doing what i did, or is it necessary to connect PS3 directly to router by wire?

also i said it worked for 20 minutes. it did, and i was browsing those lobbies and got confused how to create or join parties. any guide on how to go through those?

You're using your PC's internet to get your PS3 online? I didn't say you couldn't do that. I just said you can't go online with out a PS3. As for the second question, well, I did make a guide on what you do. It's under the What do I do next? part.

Arika
Feb 16, 2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I know it was contradiction, that is why I said "but" before it.

although my first statement still not sure whether it has real better rebalanced or not.
According to what I have seen, I know that Tenora shadog is so broken!.

that automatic shoot item can do better DPS than a cast with shotgun at the same demo. (and it does 4x damage compare to my diga each shot)

Chuck_Norris
Feb 17, 2009, 12:43 AM
I'm playing right now if anyone wants to join me. I'll be in World A, lobby 15. Party name is "English PSP Demo"

XenoNinjaX
Feb 17, 2009, 12:45 AM
You're using your PC's internet to get your PS3 online? I didn't say you couldn't do that. I just said you can't go online with out a PS3. As for the second question, well, I did make a guide on what you do. It's under the What do I do next? part.

yeah i didnt know the faq was hidden under spoiler. i did other stuff following different guide.

as for my connection, it was like this
pc connected to my wireless router via wifi-usb adapter
pc then connected to PS3 by wire, using window internet sharing
and it stopped working after 20 mins and cant reconnect

edit-nm. i found out that it can't be done like this. it worked for a while so i thought something went wrong.

anyhoo i think i got how it works, but still need to test it out with people so add me my name is XenoNinjaX

btw after i downloaded adhocparty using the jpn account, can i switch back to my US account afterward to play?

Chuck_Norris
Feb 17, 2009, 12:49 AM
yeah i didnt know the faq was hidden under spoiler. i did other stuff following different guide.

as for my connection, it was like this
pc connected to my wireless router via wifi-usb adapter
pc then connected to PS3 by wire, using window internet sharing
and it stopped working after 20 mins and cant reconnect

Well, I'm afraid I don't know. I just have my modem plugged into a router that goes to my PS3 and PC. I imagine something with your firewall.

DreXxiN
Feb 17, 2009, 03:05 AM
Sounds nice, I'll get my PSP set up some time. Are a lot of people doing this, Chuck?

Chuck_Norris
Feb 17, 2009, 03:58 AM
Not that I know of. You really gotta take the number of players getting PSP, and then take the ones who have a PS3. We're definantly a minority.

btw after i downloaded adhocparty using the jpn account, can i switch back to my US account afterward to play?

You sure can. It goes into the spot where you keep downloaded games/demos, so it'll work on any account on that system.

Dymalos
Feb 17, 2009, 07:24 AM
I have my PS3 set up but, I'm not really interested in grinding the demo any more, seeings as I have just about everything under the sun. However, I'm definitely game to play when the game comes out.

PSN Tag is Qwerticus, Same for Xlink if anyone would prefer to do it that way.

Amherst_Wind
Feb 17, 2009, 11:35 AM
I'll be on Adhoc Party as soon as the US game is released, I cant play with any of you guys with my JP copy :( I need to wait for the full game so I can convert my JP save, dont feel like creating a new character in the US demo for no reason.

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 17, 2009, 12:18 PM
Sign me up.

My PSN name is "terribledeli" and I'll keep an eye out for the room in the future.

Rubyelt
Feb 17, 2009, 12:42 PM
Just wondering I will be able to transfer my char with all money and items to the game? cause Im hunting like crazy and add me guys, again my PS3 id is Rubyelt. Im tired to only see monster hunter on that room.

XenoNinjaX
Feb 17, 2009, 11:20 PM
so have any PSP community decided on which lobby to play this game once it comes out as the "official" PSP lobby? ive read it's J 50 but not sure

anyway i want to test this thing with 2 or more people to see how smooth gameplay is online, so if anyone's up for it tonight i'll be at J 50

Lionheart_VIII
Feb 18, 2009, 05:40 PM
what world and lobbie are you in

im hosting in WORLD B LOBBIE 8

if anybody wants to join

DreXxiN
Feb 19, 2009, 06:11 PM
It's not working. Hmm, well basically I have the same SSID, same code, all that stuff. SDame PSN account but for some reason it's still not working. It gives me some japanese error when I select the third option when it's on the Ad hoc program (The only things I can decipher are PLAYSTATION 3, LAN, and 2005). It's very trivial because for some reason It connects with remote play just perfectly, yet when I try to web browse with my ps3 and use my PS3 as the connection, it says it can't connect. Anyone else having this issue?

Chuck_Norris
Feb 19, 2009, 06:44 PM
Hmm...does your PSP have the latest firmware? And is it hacked?

Kimsey
Feb 19, 2009, 07:58 PM
I have the same problem. Some japanese characters and PLAYSTATION 3, LAN, and 2005.
Remote play works and I can browse the web with my normal account. I didn't try browsing with my jp account though.
I'll look more into it tomorrow.

edit:
The wiki says "The PlayStation 3 Network Settings must be set to Broadband Network (wired) and the PlayStation Portable's wireless LAN switch must be turned on."
I'm using a wireless router so that's probably the problem.
Also I found this:

Q:
"I get an error (2005) and the only english words in it is Playstation 3 and LAN?"
A:
If you get this, there's a simple solution, connect your PS3 via Ethernet. So directly to a modem or router. (My PS3 was in the living room, so I had to move it into my bedroom. It's better because I feel more comfortable hunting in my room, but if i want to play my PS3 games, I have to go back to my living room since thats where the HD-TV is.)

Hopefully it will work tomorrow then.
Chuck_Norris I guess you can add this to your own FAQ if you like.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 19, 2009, 10:18 PM
I have the same problem. Some japanese characters and PLAYSTATION 3, LAN, and 2005.
Remote play works and I can browse the web with my normal account. I didn't try browsing with my jp account though.
I'll look more into it tomorrow.

edit:
The wiki says "The PlayStation 3 Network Settings must be set to Broadband Network (wired) and the PlayStation Portable's wireless LAN switch must be turned on."
I'm using a wireless router so that's probably the problem.
Also I found this:

Q:
"I get an error (2005) and the only english words in it is Playstation 3 and LAN?"
A:

Hopefully it will work tomorrow then.
Chuck_Norris I guess you can add this to your own FAQ if you like.

Will do. Thanks for the help. ^^

DreXxiN
Feb 20, 2009, 01:46 AM
So anyone want to meet up during maintance?

EDIT: Nevermind, the Wired-Connection didn't work. =/. Some japanese stuff and 1005 now is the new error, lol.

EDIT2: Nevermind, got it to work. I had to agree to the terms of agreement, lol. No one's playing right now though :(.

superlulu
Feb 21, 2009, 08:35 PM
I can almost always find someone to play with on the J50 server or w/e, and i'm usually on at least once a day if anyone wants to join. ^^

DreXxiN
Feb 23, 2009, 05:08 PM
Cool. :D

ThaiSoup
Feb 24, 2009, 03:40 AM
askl;da My psp is modded to hell atm. Regardless, I'll most likely be picking PSP up on the 4th and trying this all out. My Ps3 is just a tekken machine, but maybe not for long.

superlulu
Feb 24, 2009, 12:03 PM
i never even played ps3 except for little big planet but the small community we have for demo players is really nice:-P

mummite
Feb 25, 2009, 01:44 PM
Hey all,

Played AD-HOC party PSportable last night and it’s amazing how easy it is to use. Forget Xlink Kai, if you have a PS3 and a PSP this is for sure the way to go. It’s very easy to set up and easy to get into a game even in its native Japanese. Also if you have a PS3 mic the mic automatically turns on when you are in the ad-hoc room, very useful and easy to use.

If anyone has any questions how to set this up or how to use it please feel free to PM me.

What is the dedicated location people have been playing in? What Room?
I suggest we have a permanent room that people can constantly check to see who is playing, something like B-15 or something.

Anyone have a suggestion on a AD-HOC party room location>?

Thanks and can’t wait to see everyone online!

Feel free to add me to your PS3 friend’s list --> mummite

MK

Chuck_Norris
Feb 25, 2009, 05:26 PM
Agreed, Mummite. I vote our official room to be World C, Lobby 20. Pretty random number, so we shouldn't be bothered too much.

mummite
Feb 25, 2009, 06:01 PM
Sounds good! So its official "Lobby C Room 20" it is. I will use this room from now on when playing Phantasy Star PSP. Not sure how much I will be there for the demo, but when the game comes out next week expect me there every night around 8-9 pacific time. I will add ya to my PSN friends list chuck_Norris . . . .

Good stuff! people get your Ad-Hoc party set-up so we can hit the ground running when the full game is released.

:D:grin::D

XenoNinjaX
Feb 25, 2009, 06:05 PM
i vote for B1, or J1. not just for PSP but for all US games and players including monster hunter. easier for random ppl to stop by and meet US players instead of us hiding in the corner lobby where nobody can find us except board users.

jpn players play with random ppl from A1 or higher so why not make B or J starting 1 to be full of US players?

mummite
Feb 25, 2009, 06:13 PM
I really don't mind . . . . B-20 also sounds like a good room and we may get more players stopping by. . . . so what are peoples thoughts B-20???? sound good? I will use this room for some monster hunting as well

Also a good tip:

here is the translation for the title screen AD-HOC menu

-START (enter rooms and find games)
-JUMP (Enter bookmarked room or enter friends lists rooms)
- AD-HOC (used for setting up PS3/PSP)
-Information web based page (nothing useful here)

Once we agree on the room. . . I am guessing its B-20 and no more changes : ) sound good? then we can bookmark it for an easy jump!

Chuck_Norris
Feb 25, 2009, 08:04 PM
Baw, I still say C-20.

mummite
Feb 25, 2009, 08:13 PM
sounds good! C-20 it is : ) maybe I will pop on there later in the demo and see if anyone is around. . . . .

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 25, 2009, 09:12 PM
im almost done ill be checking today :whip:

i think i did it im in c-20 room named hello

well ill check back tomorrow same time

mummite
Feb 26, 2009, 02:12 PM
I was in C-20 for a bit last night around 9:00 pacific time. no one there . . . . once the final game is out things will pick up : ) good to see people using Ad-HOC party its to good not to use.

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 26, 2009, 02:23 PM
mummite ill be on today around 3pm est time :whip:

Dymalos
Feb 26, 2009, 10:32 PM
There are alot more english speakers on J-50, mind you they're looking to play Monster Hunter. But uh... it is the go to Gamefaqs world, I think we should work on trying to consolidate English speakers to one lobby rather than try to have every website designate it's own lobby.

Dymalos
Feb 26, 2009, 10:33 PM
Also, I'm sitting in J-50 with an open party.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 27, 2009, 12:20 AM
Eww, Gamefaqs? I don't want anything to do with them. :wacko:

I've got a party running in C-20, if anyone wants to join.

mvffin
Feb 27, 2009, 04:39 AM
I still don't understand why they haven't released Ad-Hoc party in US or EU yet. How much text could there possibly be to translate? 100 error messages and a few menus/instructions?

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 27, 2009, 08:37 AM
i say C-20 should be the permanent english psu room post it on the official site if needed:whip:

Dymalos
Feb 28, 2009, 09:17 AM
So I used this Thursday night, super easy to figure out compared to Xlink. I played in J-50, because C-20 was a ghost town. Went 4ish hours in a foursome with only one guy experiencing wierd lag.

I'll definitely be on it more next week when it comes out, would play now but at the moment I have over 1 million meseta and every possible rare (incl. Rappy Mode).

A quick question though, how sure of a thing is the long term availabilty of Ad Hoc Party?

My understanding is that the program from the Japanese Store is just a "beta". Does that mean that any point they can close that sucker down and leave us having to buy a released product (which may or may not be localized and if it's not will it even run on a U.S. console)?

My friend is seriously considering plunking down the $300 on a console just for Ad Hoc Party, but I'm looking into this just to make sure he's not going to end up regreting it.

Amherst_Wind
Feb 28, 2009, 02:32 PM
A quick question though, how sure of a thing is the long term availabilty of Ad Hoc Party?

My understanding is that the program from the Japanese Store is just a "beta". Does that mean that any point they can close that sucker down and leave us having to buy a released product (which may or may not be localized and if it's not will it even run on a U.S. console)?

My friend is seriously considering plunking down the $300 on a console just for Ad Hoc Party, but I'm looking into this just to make sure he's not going to end up regreting it.

Well people think that if Adhoc Party is going to be released outside Japan, it will be when Monster Hunter Freedom Unite hits, so you'll have to wait until then to see. As for charging for the finished version, I doubt it. Its hardly something they can charge for because its an application.

Zarode
Feb 28, 2009, 03:51 PM
The Japanese Ad-Hoc Party has been out too long to warrant charging a fee for use.

grubmeyer
Feb 28, 2009, 05:42 PM
I'm online now J-50 if anyone would like to join.

Dagger_32
Mar 1, 2009, 09:50 PM
J-50= English Speaking Lobby

C-20= PSP, English Speaking Lobby

I have noticed I have better luck finding players in J-50 then I do in C-20, so for now J-50 is where I will be. Perhaps that will change when the game get released on Tuesday!

Anyone who wants to play feel free to add me, PSN: Dagger_32

Dymalos
Mar 2, 2009, 06:24 PM
I don't know how Sony allocates bandwidth for Ad Hoc Party, but I think it may have something to do with the number of people in the lobby.

I tried to set up a game with some friends in C-20 (which was totally empty) we we're getting terrible lag, making it nigh unplayable. We quickly switched to J-50 which had about 10 people already in it and it went very smoothly with the same host and everything.

Aristerix
Mar 4, 2009, 11:32 AM
So yeah I took an hour to get everything set up perfectly last night. But when I got to the ad hoc party screen, I got an error. The only words I could see were, 20GB, (CECHBOO), LAN, and 2004. I have an ethernet cable plugged into my PS3. Anyone else get this error?

mummite
Mar 4, 2009, 01:05 PM
If you have a 20 GIG PS3 there is no wireless so I don't think you cant use if for ad-hoc party. Other thing is make sure you select the top option from the title screen to accept the terms and agreements after you first boot the software up.

let us know how it goes and if you need any help

Ad-Hoc will be on this weekend with this game : ) C-20 and J20 rooms should be packed! lets hope

Chuck_Norris
Mar 5, 2009, 01:07 AM
Just a heads up, I changed the name since the full game is out.

Syanaide
Mar 5, 2009, 01:47 AM
So now that the full game is out, is there an official meet up time? It's pretty random to see who's lurking in the thread and boring to wait for someone to join your lobby via party.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 5, 2009, 01:49 AM
I suppose we could. Why not go make a poll and let people vote on it? Get a few time ideas first of course. I'd recomend sometime on the weekend.

Syanaide
Mar 5, 2009, 01:54 AM
All times EST.

Friday ~8pm
Saturday ~4pm
Sunday ~4pm

videogamememories
Mar 5, 2009, 04:20 AM
What's up guys? I got this game today but sadly there is a lack of people playing Phantasy Star Portable online through Ad Hoc Party. Some of the instructions and videos on YouTube are kind of confusing so I made my own typed instructions and I'm in the process of uploading videos. I hope this helps... someone join me to play some missions!

I'll show you how to:

#1 Make a Japanese Playstation Network Account

#2 Find and download Ad Hoc Party on the PSN store

#3 Use Ad Hoc Party to host or join a party to play Phantasy Star Portable online with others.

The videos are taking a while to upload, but you can read my tutorials. I'll fix it any way I can to make it more clear.

http://videogamememories.com/tutorial-how-to-make-a-japanese-account-on-your-ps3/

http://videogamememories.com/tutorial-how-to-use-ad-hoc-party-to-play-phantasy-star-portable-online/

---
Check out my new site:
videogamememories.com

Zarode
Mar 5, 2009, 04:42 AM
We're fine at the moment, thanks. (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158832)

Mystic_Nessly
Mar 5, 2009, 08:17 AM
So, you DO need a PS3 for online play. What a bummer. I don't plan on getting one of those until I finish up playing games on the PS2/Gamecube.

I really wanted to play this online w/o having to buy a wifi adapter / wireless access as point to connect my PC - PSP, XKailink requires.

videogamememories
Mar 5, 2009, 01:20 PM
Wow, there were a lot more people on this morning using Ad Hoc Party. It was great playing with everyone on the PS3. 4 people even said they read my tutorial haha. But most people on there still play Monster Hunter. I guess it will be some time before PS Portable is "the game."

Zarode
Mar 5, 2009, 01:54 PM
Most people like Monster Hunter over PhSP because it is harder. PhSP is really casual friendly, where as Monster Hunter is Hardcore gaming from the roots. I don't expect any form of migration, tbh.

mummite
Mar 5, 2009, 02:39 PM
videogamememories good tutorial! if anyone needs help getting this set-up just ask the group. I was on there last night checking out the usually C-20 and J-20 lobby's and I got some good groups going :)

I should usually be on in the evenings around 8/9 PST

Add me to your PSN account as a friend "mummite"

there is an option in ad-hoc party to create a friends list and then quickly jump to your friends current room. I will investigate more how to set it up.

its the second option down on the main AD-HOC party title screen

Chuck_Norris
Mar 5, 2009, 06:14 PM
Alright, I've got a game going in C-20 if anyone wants to come in.

Chibi_Knight
Mar 5, 2009, 08:44 PM
Hello everyone. I had a quick question about Ad-Hoc Party that maybe you guys could help me with. I have AHP installed and connected to my friends game. I can see his game on my PSP and when I hit join, all I get is the scrolling PS:P background then I get a connection error.

Is there something that we are missing to get this to work. I've searched countless tutorials but they all seem to be about DLing AHP and navigating through the menus.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chuck_Norris
Mar 5, 2009, 10:03 PM
Hmm....Interesting problem. Only thing I can come up with is your connections don't like eachother. IP conflicting, or maybe a router problem?

Syanaide
Mar 6, 2009, 03:07 PM
Just letting people know I'll be online tonight (Friday) at around 10:30 PM Eastern. Maybe a bit late for some folks, but if anyone's interested just pop in this thread around that time.

laz305
Mar 6, 2009, 07:24 PM
You mean to tell me the only way to play online with other people is thru the PS3???? Can the Mic on the PSP be used at all???? So where am I going when I select Multiplayer and it connects to a lobby????

Syanaide
Mar 6, 2009, 10:29 PM
Ok, anyone up for that game I mentioned earlier?

pat_boy2008
Mar 6, 2009, 10:36 PM
i'm up for a game Syanaide. i'm in ad hoc party now.

Syanaide
Mar 6, 2009, 10:45 PM
Alrighty, guess just you then. Gonna start it up.

Well those other two guys were rather unpleasant.

Kichi
Mar 8, 2009, 01:43 AM
I jus set up Ad-Hoc party on my PS3. I'll be happy to join people whenever I'm on. Though quick note: I'm playing JP version until my main hits level 100. Only like....4.25 levels away.

Masterflower
Mar 11, 2009, 09:06 PM
Anyone out there willing to help me get a few co-op missions done, I want to complete them for the title

TheAstroCreep
Mar 12, 2009, 07:16 PM
Is there an Official Adhoc Party World/Room for US PSP players?

hewitt
Mar 13, 2009, 03:54 PM
This might've been asked, but is the main game's online available in the real
version without the Japanese hassle?

EDIT: I investigated further and found my answer. :<

Kichi
Mar 13, 2009, 03:56 PM
Is there an Official Adhoc Party World/Room for US PSP players?
J-50.

TheAstroCreep
Mar 14, 2009, 12:04 AM
J-50.

J50 is usually packed, is there any other "unofficial" US PS:P Worlds/Lobbies? Does PSOW have an official spot they hang out at?

ZeroXRaven
Mar 17, 2009, 04:30 PM
OMG someone plz help...I keep getting a message that says these words only in english Playstation, LAN, and 2005

what do I do???

Dymalos
Mar 17, 2009, 06:35 PM
J50 is usually packed, is there any other "unofficial" US PS:P Worlds/Lobbies? Does PSOW have an official spot they hang out at?

They tried earlier to make it C-20, it was a ghost town which would have been fine but since the Ad Hoc Party network seems to allocate bandwitdth dependent on the amount of people in a given lobby, it was impossible to play on with only 2-4 people.

XenithFlare
Mar 19, 2009, 01:21 AM
I just downloaded the Ad-hoc Party set-up, so hopefully tomorrow or so I can try it out. ^^ If anyone's willing to play some PSP (or FFT:WoL <_<) with me, send a msg to me on PSN, same name as this. ^^ I needa get some damn S-ranks on them co-op missions XD

Currently a lv65 CAST Acromaster 6, working on getting 10 skills to 30 :p 8 left...

Chuck_Norris
Mar 19, 2009, 02:34 AM
I just downloaded the Ad-hoc Party set-up, so hopefully tomorrow or so I can try it out. ^^ If anyone's willing to play some PSP (or FFT:WoL <_<) with me, send a msg to me on PSN, same name as this. ^^ I needa get some damn S-ranks on them co-op missions XD

Currently a lv65 CAST Acromaster 6, working on getting 10 skills to 30 :p 8 left...

Sent ya a friend request. Longtime no see, man.

XenithFlare
Mar 19, 2009, 12:41 PM
Sent ya a friend request. Longtime no see, man.

I'll check on that when I get home from work tonight; guess I'm too busy to get on during the day... And I know! I got a bit upset at PSU for various reasons, and started playing some other games; expanding my horizons, ya know? I'm still paying for PSU though, in the hopes that eventually I'll buy a PC and just play it there XD Or if I find out the servers suddenly have more than ten people on them at any given time.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 19, 2009, 03:47 PM
other then reading the entire thread and buying a ps3 to set everything up as stated is there any other way to connect with others? I've been trying for ages to get help using the Mac version of Xlink kai but I am running into some weird errors. Any takers on this issue. My lvl 86 and 72 characters haven't seen an actual online match yet and it kinda sucks

trigger72
Mar 19, 2009, 09:45 PM
the ps store is down or something right now, i get errors when i try to log in.

XenithFlare
Mar 20, 2009, 09:24 PM
other then reading the entire thread and buying a ps3 to set everything up as stated is there any other way to connect with others? I've been trying for ages to get help using the Mac version of Xlink kai but I am running into some weird errors. Any takers on this issue. My lvl 86 and 72 characters haven't seen an actual online match yet and it kinda sucks

If you had a PS3, all you'd need to do is follow this link:

http://videogamememories.com/tutorial-how-to-make-a-japanese-account-on-your-ps3/

Otherwise... you're in a quandary :/

DarkEliteRico
Mar 20, 2009, 10:09 PM
If you had a PS3, all you'd need to do is follow this link:

Otherwise... you're in a quandary :/

Yeah that's what I'm facing, one hell of a quandary. I really wish I could get some answers about connecting. I'd be great for PS:P and MH2, oh well guess it could be worse off

trigger72
Mar 21, 2009, 12:26 AM
well i got the ad hoc program off the jap sony store but now i get the 2005 error. i brough the ps3 to my computer room and it wont work with my other hdtv......im pissed. i dont know why it wont work. every other system works on it but not the ps3.....so now i need a really long ethernet cable to connect it to my living room.....i really wanna play some pso online again!!!

ced818
Mar 22, 2009, 01:59 AM
hey Im just starting my char on the US version of the game... LV 18 fighmaster Human... im on Ad Hoc Party right now in World J room 50 if anyone wants to play

XenithFlare
Mar 22, 2009, 06:07 PM
well i got the ad hoc program off the jap sony store but now i get the 2005 error. i brough the ps3 to my computer room and it wont work with my other hdtv......im pissed. i dont know why it wont work. every other system works on it but not the ps3.....so now i need a really long ethernet cable to connect it to my living room.....i really wanna play some pso online again!!!

Wait, wait, wait.. what? You said the PS3 won't work on your HDTV? If I understand you correctly, there's one of two problems:

1. Your input on the TV is causing problems
2. You're using a different connection (RGB, HDMI) than you were on the TV it was connected to previously

The second one might be the case, I'm thinking; can you clarify for me?

trigger72
Mar 24, 2009, 05:06 PM
Wait, wait, wait.. what? You said the PS3 won't work on your HDTV? If I understand you correctly, there's one of two problems:

1. Your input on the TV is causing problems
2. You're using a different connection (RGB, HDMI) than you were on the TV it was connected to previously

The second one might be the case, I'm thinking; can you clarify for me?

no it doesnt work. i took all my cables from my tv in my living to my tv in my computer room. the tv in my computer room is top of the line lcd toshiba tv. ive had problems before with the ps3 and different tvs.....im looking to get a long ethernet cable.....

trigger72
Mar 24, 2009, 06:19 PM
so i went out and bought a long ethernet cable to connect to the internet from my living room. now i still cant log in becuase there is some more wirting in japanese with the numbers 1005 at the end.....

this is very frustrating.................

XenithFlare
Mar 24, 2009, 09:56 PM
I... do not know what to tell you. <_<; I work at a Radioshack though, so I know something is wrong that you may not realize. The problem is that you need to realize it XD

trigger72
Mar 25, 2009, 08:05 PM
i know something is wrong but i dont care about the problem of not being able to play in the computer room. i got the cable and i still cant connect when directly connected to the router.

TheAstroCreep
Mar 26, 2009, 12:23 PM
i know something is wrong but i dont care about the problem of not being able to play in the computer room. i got the cable and i still cant connect when directly connected to the router.

Do you know if your NAT is open or moderate? I have to disable mine and enable PnP on my actual router before I could get my PS3 to work online.

XenithFlare
Apr 23, 2009, 09:55 PM
BAM, reviving the thread for awesomeness.

And cause I"m finally using the damn thing XD

BIGUSHEADUS
May 14, 2009, 07:18 PM
Hey all BIGUSHEADUS is my psu name will try this out tomorrow night my char name is falling yuki add me as i would love 2 play ps-p online with u guys :D

-Xios-
May 16, 2009, 03:00 AM
If people wanna play just leave your PSN, I have built up tons of friends who play PS:P on Ad Hoc Party.

My PSN: Sensura

Add me. When you see I'm online, just throw me a message.

Rockleept
May 16, 2009, 04:19 AM
Right now im online,PSN is Frederico24!!!

-Xios-
May 16, 2009, 04:36 AM
I'll add you tomorrow. I'm usually on around 5pm-2am PST, Tue-Saturday.

Hope to see you on.

Rockleept
May 16, 2009, 07:10 AM
I'll add you tomorrow. I'm usually on around 5pm-2am PST, Tue-Saturday.

Hope to see you on.

we already play together :)

Mahonri
May 16, 2009, 08:24 AM
Do you still need a Japanese PSN account to access online play? Or have then implemented it for U.S. accounts as well?

BIGUSHEADUS
May 16, 2009, 11:25 AM
no i think its only in the jap accounts only

And i am online all day 2day just add me psn:FallingYuki and send me a message

thanks look forward 2 playin u

Rockleept
May 16, 2009, 12:13 PM
Do you still need a Japanese PSN account to access online play? Or have then implemented it for U.S. accounts as well?

you need japanese acount only in order to dowload the software ,then you can play with your normal psn.

BIGUSHEADUS
May 16, 2009, 09:13 PM
i am getting a problem when i tried to connect with someone today i saw his name on psp and i launched the party but each time (we both swapped hosting) the person who had joined had got a error connection network or something along thoes lines. ive been tryin all day 2 fix this but no luck

Loom
May 17, 2009, 05:55 PM
i am getting a problem when i tried to connect with someone today i saw his name on psp and i launched the party but each time (we both swapped hosting) the person who had joined had got a error connection network or something along thoes lines. ive been tryin all day 2 fix this but no luck

i have the same problem
i alreadey made a topic about that a week or two ago without a response so dont expect help lol

Rockleept
May 22, 2009, 03:18 PM
right now im online in world J lobby 50!!!

DuPz0r
May 22, 2009, 03:26 PM
I connected to the adhoc party the other day. But i'm yet to play online with anyone yet. I clicked on a house and entered it. There was a sort of room with the players, but i didn't get any futher. Am i suppose to press something there, or does it just load after a bit?

Mahonri
May 31, 2009, 12:16 AM
I connected to the adhoc party the other day. But i'm yet to play online with anyone yet. I clicked on a house and entered it. There was a sort of room with the players, but i didn't get any futher. Am i suppose to press something there, or does it just load after a bit?
If you joined the house then the host would be the one to start the game. You can text and talk back and forth on the PS3 to discuss what lvl you want to play ect ect.. so just talk to the people in the house and see if you get a response from them.

The connection problem can be attributed to not being connected directly into your router via an ethernet cable. You HAVE to be hard wired in on the PS3 to play, wireless does not work at the moment. I personally hope they change this...

Also, I'm going to be on a lot looking for people to play either MHF 2, MHF Unite Demo, and of course PSP! My psn account is Roontek. Hit me up if you wanna do some multiplayer action!

Huma23
Jun 6, 2009, 11:43 PM
is it a PS3 add on or PSP add on

Etherael
Jun 7, 2009, 03:44 PM
It's a PS3 application. Does anyone still play this game? ; ;..I've searched almost all the channels people said they'd be in..and I've managed to find 1 player....out of the sea of MHF players ><

lennongaz
Jun 15, 2009, 12:11 PM
It's a PS3 application. Does anyone still play this game? ; ;..I've searched almost all the channels people said they'd be in..and I've managed to find 1 player....out of the sea of MHF players ><

I just started this up yesterday and it's way fun playing it online! I too found it hard to find someone as well, so I will post up my yahoo messgenger ID for anyone wanting to play hit me up preferably in the evenings or late night.

yahoo messenger ID: Lennongaz
PSN ID:crAAAzy.
if u see me on hit me up.

Crim020
Jun 25, 2009, 01:48 AM
So yeah I took an hour to get everything set up perfectly last night. But when I got to the ad hoc party screen, I got an error. The only words I could see were, 20GB, (CECHBOO), LAN, and 2004. I have an ethernet cable plugged into my PS3. Anyone else get this error?

I'm having this same problem, I went out and picked up MHFU, got home and tried to set this all up via PS3 and hit a wall. SO I'll try to go through it in hopes someone can help-----The PS3 is plunged into my Router via Ethernet cable. I set up my Japanese Account, went to thier store and downloaded the (AD-HoC) program (the green one) And then went to open it up. I tried to click the 3rd option (as instructed by http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/go/thread/view/7451/14675745/Official_AdHoc_Party_Tutorial_Thread) but it said ( 20GB, (CECHBOO), LAN, and 2004 ) as well as some other things I couldn't understand in Japanese, I went back and tried again and it said there was an update, so I downloaded this and tried again, after trying several times Deleting the game and re-installing it to no avail I thought I would try some outside help. So please If anyhow has a remedy for my problem help?