PDA

View Full Version : fortegunner

fuzzygrim
Feb 16, 2009, 08:14 PM
Hey guys first i wanna say thanx for ALL the help you guys have givin me so far. But now i have another question. My lil bro i makin a gunner and i wanted to help him out with some weps for a fortegunner. So what would be a good palette considering that i can only afford 0/10 weps. Also what bullets should i advise him to lvl. Thanxs in advance.

_Vyser_
Feb 16, 2009, 08:16 PM
Rifles, shotguns, lasers and grenade launchers are very good weapons to invest in. Get those rifle bullets leveled; they get very strong at 31+

fuzzygrim
Feb 16, 2009, 08:18 PM
Thank you. But which weps in those classes.

unicorn
Feb 16, 2009, 09:45 PM
If you are planning on staying Fortegunner, you can level up Crossbows and Machine guns. You're stronger than Guntecher and Fighgunner with Crossbows and Machine guns, so take advantage. Level up your grenade launchers, since Gunmaster doesnt have access to it, and Protranser has pretty low ATA.

Do keep in mind that Gunmaster is muuuuch better with Rifles, Shotguns, Twin Handguns, and Laser Cannons.

For palettes, it depends on what kind of weapons you like, since you have alternatives for EVERY weapon practically. I personally like:

Rifle
Shotgun
Grenade Launcher
Laser Cannon
Machine Gun / Saber (Spinning Strike: both attack single targets)
Crossbow / Dagger (Buten/Hikai. Both can attack single + multiple targets)

You really don't need Twin Handguns, Handguns (unless you really dont want to level up crossbows), or Spears ('Nades and Shotties are better boss killers for Fortegunner).

Dragwind
Feb 16, 2009, 10:16 PM
I suggest packing at least one spear for bullet resistant enemies. If you don't like spears, then I suggest packing a shotgun and traps as well.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 16, 2009, 10:17 PM
For fortegunner weps you want

Rifle: Blackbull or Rattlesnake (both decent price nowadays)
Shotgun Shigga Desta or Shigga Baret/Barec
Laser: Ryusaikanoh is cheap, so is Meteor Cannon, but Needle Cannon is stronger than both
Twin Handgun: Deathmaker is always good
Crossbow: Aikasoki is good for high PP, Cubo Dunga is pretty decent with set bonus with Rabol Dunga, or just Cubo Mamba for highest ATP
Grenade: Song for Death is free if you were around for 1UP, otherwise Azul Fire (more PP) or Gur Bazga/Gur Asted (Asted's pretty uncommon though)
Spear: Gatranata is great for high PP, Muktrands work too

Just a rough outline. There's plenty more weapons Fortegunner can use, but those are the main types I used as FG.

biggabertha
Feb 16, 2009, 10:25 PM
RIght now, you can easily get the following weapons because they are a lot more common:

Spear: Gatranata / Muktrand
Saber: Kusanagira / Buccaneer
Dagger: Blumier

Rifle: Blackbull / Mizurakihoh
Shotgun: Shigga Desta
Grenade Launcher: Azul Fire / Gur Bazga
Laser Cannon: Meteor Cannon / Ryusaikanoh
Crossbow: Aikasoki / Cubo Mamba

Everything else a Fortegunner can use is entirely up to you but those are currently the easiest items you can get. Rattlesnake, Shigga Baret and Needle Cannon are good upgrades but they are a lot harder to get than those mentioned. THey're also VERY expensive.

First things you should level is Shotgun, then Laser Cannon then Rifles. After that, you can level up pretty much anything else but Rifles get a handy knockdown ability upon a successful hit when they're Lv. 31+ so that might be better to start.

You won't deal much damage and it'll take ages to feel powerful... but if you encourage him to keep at it, you will be HEAVILY rewarded.

Fortegunner shines best when they have very high level PAs. Keep a melee weapon with you at all times too for those annoying bullet resistant enemies. Dus Daggas/Dus Majarra, Rising Strike, Hikai Shuha-zan and Shunbu Shouren-zan are very good for Fortegunners. There's an honourable mention to Buten Shuren-zan though but you really need to be an Acro class to make the best of that one.

Have patience though!! It'll take ages to get to a powerful state as a gunner but you will be more consistently powerful than heavy melee users! (Lasers potentially being the most powerful weapon in the game)

Good luck!

Varmitt
Feb 17, 2009, 11:17 PM
Laser Cannon i would highly suggest looking into finding a Degahna Cannon, very high PP and great atp, + finding the board isn't that difficult. Forest Infiltration S2 in a matter of a few runs I usually found 1.

darkante
Feb 18, 2009, 12:15 AM
Hey guys first i wanna say thanx for ALL the help you guys have givin me so far. But now i have another question. My lil bro i makin a gunner and i wanted to help him out with some weps for a fortegunner. So what would be a good palette considering that i can only afford 0/10 weps. Also what bullets should i advise him to lvl. Thanxs in advance.

I usually used this palette as a FG

Shotgun
Laser Cannon
Rifle
Crossbow / Saber or Twin Handgun
Spear with P.A Dus Majara
Grenade Launcher

Shotgun is the main damage dealer when the level is at lv 21+.
Just pop the sucker in front of the foes and you see what i mean.

Laser Cannon is still my favorite weapon, as the high level ATT Power is really noticable with a elemental build. Ice being the first that really keeps enemies in place so thatīs a good start. It takes a looong while to level, but it is worth it.

Rifle is also a very good distance weapon, which can keep foes stunned at lv 31.
Also takes a good while before being useful, but itīs worth it too.
Burn or Dark is a good start for the status effect.

Crossbow is like a mini-shotgun, you can still be mobile and very damaging at lv 21.
Elemental doesnīt pay so much difference on this, so burn or dark is also a good start for status effect.

Twin Handgun is a decent weapon, if he is low level then i suggest starting with this.
As at even low level, itīs worthwhile using.

Spear with Dus majara isnīt something a beginner can get, so sticking with Saber or Dagger for a while will do. Rising strike to keep enemies in place.
Crossbow with said weapon is a great combo.

Grenade Launcher, ahh. The one weapon that rarely gets good use as it knocks away foes each shot..but itīs great for bigger foes like Drue Gohra and Bosses like the dragons.
ICE element is recommended as the one and only element you need for it.
Atm, itīs not worth leveling any other elements.

Hope that helped. =)