PDA

View Full Version : Which Febuary / March Game Will You Get?

joefro
Feb 17, 2009, 08:33 AM
So, this month and next month have quite a few decent games coming out. Which ones will you get? I will personally be getting Halo Wars and maybe Phantasy Star Portable. Here are just a few upcoming releases for the coming weeks:

Street Fighter IV - Feb 17, X360 PS3

Killzone 2 - Feb 27, PS3

Halo Wars - Mar 3, X360

Phantasy Star Portable - Mar 3, PSP (why this day Sega?)

Resident Evil 5 - Mar 13, X360 PS3

I can't believe that so many good games are coming out at the beginning of this year, January-June are usually filled with craptastic games.

Midicronica
Feb 17, 2009, 08:48 AM
Absolutely positively getting Star Ocean: The Last Hope. I'm so damn pumped for this game just by watching gameplay videos. It's not even funny. As for March games, I'm going to be picking up Resident Evil 5 and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. :yes:

rayner
Feb 17, 2009, 09:00 AM
X-blades / Onechanbara - 02-10-09
Street Fighter IV - 2-17-09
Star Ocean 4 - 02-24-09
Halo Wars - 03-03-09
Resident Evil 5 - 03-13-09

I'm basically getting a new game each week for the next month.

W0LB0T
Feb 17, 2009, 10:05 AM
The only game I'm getting this month is House of the dead overkill. Which i just pre ordered (does'nt come out here for another couple of days), and its the sepcial edition which comes with 2 wii remote guns.

I may think about getting Phantasy Star Portable...but I'm not in any rush.

Most other games i couldn't care less about. or I'll probaly pick up when they are in the bargin bin. but Garrys mod will keep me going (I'm still just learning Wire mod)

amtalx
Feb 17, 2009, 10:42 AM
I'm getting Killzone 2 and RE5. I might get SFIV just for the hell of it, but I've never really liked SF games.

Blue-Hawk
Feb 17, 2009, 12:21 PM
X-blades / Onechanbara - 02-10-09

I'm basically getting a new game each week for the next month.

One question on those two.... WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

I read about X-Blades and was consideirng it for the pc. But after seeing in a game shop, I know the manager of, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS! And that goes second, if not double, for Onechanbra.

rayner
Feb 17, 2009, 01:04 PM
One question on those two.... WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

I read about X-Blades and was consideirng it for the pc. But after seeing in a game shop, I know the manager of, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS! And that goes second, if not double, for Onechanbra.

They are basically hack n' slash... I'm wasn't expecting anything more. I know the story is going to blow... I didn't get to play X-blades that much, but it's kinda unique because you have to defeat all enemies in an area to advance, so no skipping. I just didn't like the floaty-jumping.

Onechanbara is sweet, I'm having a blast! I'm going to attempt Violent mode today, and getting a few more bracelets. It's cheezy as hell, but I love hack n' slash.

Kylie
Feb 17, 2009, 02:00 PM
Are you kidding me? I'm DEFINITELY getting Resident Evil 5. I'm not really interested in any of those other games on that list though. I like fighting games, but I haven't been impressed by what I've seen from SFIV... I do love me some Cammy though. I don't have a PSP to play "PSP" on, and I honestly wouldn't buy one just to play it. :-?

CelestialBlade
Feb 17, 2009, 02:12 PM
Rarely have I anticipated an RPG more than Star Ocean 4, so I really can't wait for that :D Unfortunately I have a lot of tests when it comes out XD

Kent
Feb 17, 2009, 02:34 PM
Star Ocean 4 and Resident Evil 5.

I played the demo of Halo Wars, and while decent, I'm not a huge fan of RTS games. I'm still not sure what to think of the "My First Starcraft" feel of it, though.

SubstanceD
Feb 17, 2009, 03:25 PM
European release dates are different to US ones I can't add Star Ocean 4 ( April over here ) to my list even though it is the game I am looking forward to the most.

Street Fighter 4 - PS3
Persona 4 - PS2

I'm also trying to see if I can import a US copy of Phantasy Star Portable for the PSP. I have no intention of waiting for a EU version.

Sayara
Feb 17, 2009, 04:22 PM
guess im saving me some pretty pennies these next few months. Sweet.

SStrikerR
Feb 17, 2009, 04:27 PM
RE5 please.

Dragwind
Feb 17, 2009, 06:48 PM
Phantasy Star Portable and Halo Wars for me.

Link00seven
Feb 17, 2009, 08:13 PM
Halo Wars & possibly RE5.

Tried the Halo Wars demo and I thought it was pretty sweet.

Seira7
Feb 17, 2009, 08:27 PM
In this order I guess:

SO4
Demons Souls
Rune Factory Frontier

I want X-Blades, but I don't think I'll pay full price.

McLaughlin
Feb 17, 2009, 09:43 PM
Absolutely positively getting Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

Yeah, -50 DKP for not having that on your list dood.

jShazBot
Feb 17, 2009, 09:44 PM
Anyone here getting the GTA4 Lost and the Damned game add on?
I think it just came out today.
>_>

Zarode
Feb 17, 2009, 10:58 PM
Demon's Souls.

Alnet
Feb 17, 2009, 11:15 PM
Already preordered SFIV, and considering RE5.

Eventually, I have to go back and buy Sengoku Basara X. I don't know how in the world I keep forgetting to buy that.

Scrub
Feb 17, 2009, 11:28 PM
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9533/awwwyeahsonhd2.jpg
ELDAR 4 LI4E

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Feb 17, 2009, 11:44 PM
HoTD: Overkill
Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
MadWorld
And PS: P..
Sadly I'm pretty broke, and my priorities aren't as tied to my games as it used to be, so I'll be missing out on alot of PS3/Xbox360 stuff. D:

joefro
Feb 17, 2009, 11:44 PM
*Facepalm* I thought SO4 was coming out in April, I'll probably get it if I have the time for it, I loved the trailer for it.

Shiroyu
Feb 18, 2009, 12:33 AM
House of the Dead: Overkill
MadWorld
The Dark Spire
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Steal Princess
Suikoden Tierkreis
Prinny

And now to find a way to get money. :|

ThePainMaker
Feb 18, 2009, 09:43 AM
Most definetly RE5 and star ocean

Outrider
Feb 18, 2009, 09:48 AM
*Facepalm* I thought SO4 was coming out in April, I'll probably get it if I have the time for it, I loved the trailer for it.

You should probably find a different metric for deciding which games you buy.

joefro
Feb 18, 2009, 01:30 PM
You should probably find a different metric for deciding which games you buy.
I don't use just the trailer when making my decision, haha. Sorry, I should have clarified.

http://www.ign.com/index/reviews.html

I really don't like most game reviews but I agree with most of IGN's reviews so I usually go with what they say; however, if I really like a game (such as Halo Wars) I won't even bother with the review score. If Star Ocean gets around an 8, I'll get it.

Zarode
Feb 18, 2009, 02:37 PM
http://www.metacritic.com/

I go to a better place.

Scrub
Feb 19, 2009, 02:01 AM
HOLY SHIT DAWN OF WAR 2 IS SO AWESOME CONSIDER THIS A PLACEHOLDER FOR WHEN I HAVE MORE TIME I WILL COME BACK AND EDIT IT TO CLARIFY ABOUT ITS GREATNESS

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15620/ IN THE MEANTIME FUCKING BUY IT

Zarode
Feb 19, 2009, 02:25 AM
RTS's suck, and so do you.

Here is a five paragraph single spaced essay on why.

(no scrub, i lub u, but seriously, my computer can't run it :( )

AC9breaker
Feb 19, 2009, 02:49 AM
Oh shit, DoW 2 is out??? FUCKKKKKKKKKKK

I gotta stop fucking around with consoles and build my new PC already.