PDA

View Full Version : A Letter to the Weather.

Leviathan
Feb 17, 2009, 10:15 PM
Dear Mr. Weather,

For the month of February you have caused me much torment. That torment could b from the cause of such loopy weather cycles. Last week it felt like spring [Even had a tornado warning], the week before it was freezing, and now holy shit! Its winter again [What?]. Now maybe it's just me but such weather changes are something I am not used to, specifically the winter to spring. I have lived in this crazy state called Texas my whole life, but never had I had so much discomfort because of it. This month I have had headaches that have spanned to a whole week to a few hours. What I would like to ask you Mr. Weather is to be gentle as I am not used to such twists and turns of the weather.

Kinda Angry,
Leviathan

W0LB0T
Feb 17, 2009, 10:37 PM
The weather whas been insane 'round these parts as well.
3 weeks ago it was insanely hot, easly above 40c every day. then the next week it was strugling to get above 22c (basically an Adelaide winter) and then last week it shot back to just below 40c and has just been rollercoastering ever since.

weather has been quite insane this month.

CelestialBlade
Feb 17, 2009, 11:02 PM
I hear ya, Levi. A couple weeks ago we had a huge ice storm that left me without power for nearly a week, when it was getting to around 7F at night. Then it got really warm, like 60F, and we had a huge windstorm roll through the area and I lost power for a night. Then it got cold again, now it's getting warmer again. WTF @ weather.

Just give me my summer back already :(

McLaughlin
Feb 18, 2009, 01:37 AM
Everything melts one day and then freezes the next. Almost broke my neck a few times.

This thermal shock stuff is making me sick. :/

Feelmirath
Feb 18, 2009, 07:36 AM
We had heavy snow for a whole week this month.

This is highly irregular in these parts.

It got boring after about 4 days. :/

Commodity
Feb 18, 2009, 11:51 AM
Everything melts one day and then freezes the next. Almost broke my neck a few times.
This.

It also rains when everything melts usually.

Kylie
Feb 18, 2009, 02:10 PM
The weather has been completely screwed up here too. It's been 70 and sunny one day to nearly freezing and cloudy the next. I've heard similar stories all over the country, and it's very weird. My friend in Ohio said it had snowed one day, and then it turned 60-70 degrees over night. There was still snow on the ground. :lol:

Rasputin
Feb 18, 2009, 02:20 PM
Dear weather,

Thank you for remaining constant. California, you have always treated me so well! Despite the few days of constant rain, which I know are over all good the state, you give me sunshine on a cloudy daaaay! Beauty and stability are a rare combination. You are truly the best state.

Signed,
MOTHER RUSSIA

hyperacute
Feb 18, 2009, 03:32 PM
Raining here again. Business as usual.

AlexCraig
Feb 18, 2009, 05:06 PM
Rained last night, snowing now.

Inazuma
Feb 18, 2009, 06:44 PM
its been raining off and on here in CA for weeks now, but i wear t shirt and shorts everyday w/o fail. even if its pouring rain, its not that cold (like 65 degrees Fahrenheit). CA is nice b/c i can just ignore the weather all year round.

well, the rain has prevented me from playing any tennis lately but im happier playing psu anyway, so no big loss there.

Freeze
Feb 18, 2009, 09:22 PM
It was raining when I left home, get to work 100km away and snow. Give me a break already.

DreXxiN
Feb 19, 2009, 01:59 AM
Last week it was 65, now it's -10 here :).

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2009, 02:18 AM
Thunderstorms and 65F earlier this afternoon....28F and a chance of snow showers tonight. Makes perfect sense. I would not rule out a tornado outbreak in the near future just so mother nature doesn't get bored.

CrimsomWolf
Feb 19, 2009, 03:24 AM
Here, in central Europe is snow. Snow and gut-freezing cold. Even in sunshine. And if it melts, it's replaced every morning.

Of course, English weather was really crazy. 12 CELSIUS DEGREES IN FEBUARY??? WTF!!!!

Got me the biggest headache I had so far.
Escpecially, when it was like 6 at highest where I lived.
But then again, it's an island. Islands are crazy.

Other than that, European climate seems to be pretty consistent this year - lot's of snow around here, or in Alps. And cold.