PDA

View Full Version : Question Concerning Rifle Bullets

Zeek123
Feb 18, 2009, 01:25 PM
I haven't seen anyone post about this anywhere else, so I'll just come out and ask. For anyone that has played the full JP version of PS:P, do rifles ever get their heavenly knockdown ability? The only reason I'm concerned is because on PSU we get it at 31, and PS:P has the misfortune of capping at 30. Do we possibly get it at 21? Thanks for any and all feedback.

Mike
Feb 18, 2009, 07:42 PM
I'm pretty sure they don't. I have been playing against higher level enemies at the moment so I don't know if resists cancel out any of the knockdown but I can't recall any of my rifle bullets knocking down enemies.

Zeek123
Feb 18, 2009, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty sure they don't. I have been playing against higher level enemies at the moment so I don't know if resists cancel out any of the knockdown but I can't recall any of my rifle bullets knocking down enemies.

It's size that matters in PSU. I can't knock a Jarba down with my rifle, but I can bowl over the Koltova. Bullet resistance should'nt matter. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else have any insight to offer?

panzer_unit
Feb 19, 2009, 09:53 AM
I don't have the full game but I've heard they don't get knockdown, but I've also heard Mayalee Shot has knockback, which means you're going to have to choose between element and useful SE or physical crowd control.

SammaeltheDark
Feb 19, 2009, 12:08 PM
That's pretty much what I heard. All bullets don't get knockdown because they can't reach lv.31, but some of the special bullets now have it in order to make them a more attractive choice

Akaimizu
Feb 19, 2009, 12:35 PM
Actually, the rifle bullet stuff was posted in this topic.

"What's the difference between PSP and PSU?"

As for whether they will get special properties. I don't know. However, I'm thinking they wont because *this time*, they're probably not going to screw over so many Ult PAs like they did in PSU.

At least for now, it's not like "You're a gunner? Cool. Raise those elementals...but if you want to work and spend on getting Ult PAs to raise, you can put forth the extra effort for a bullet you'll likely never use in the future. I think maybe out of all the Ult Bullet PAs in PSU. Maybe 2 were actually worth their salt. Maybe raise others for completist sake, or if you're bored and just want something to raise."

One thing this game did a lot of, was reel back on certain things that were updated post AOI. I'm kind of glad for it. The balance, while not perfect, seems better for it.