PDA

View Full Version : Possible to have an "all-in-one" character?

Daemon Gildas
Feb 19, 2009, 03:42 PM
Personally, I've always more enjoyed dedicating myself to a single character, rather than than trying to juggle several at once. Since I really don't fully understand the leveling system in PSU (gonna be picking subscription back up soon), I was just curious if such a thing were possible? Could I simply create a human character, and change the gameplay style whenever I'm feeling bored of one? Or should I have a separate character for each playstyle?

Also, what are the Pros and Cons of trying this "single character" mindset?

Macras
Feb 19, 2009, 03:50 PM
Whether it's possible or not is on you really, as it is quite a bit of work. Personally, my main character, Fiora Macras, is a human with all classes excluding master classes currently at lv20 and has enough weapons to start my own rebellion.

Pros:
+ you dont have to change characters to change playstyles
+ its less confusing for some people (multiple characters anyone?)
+ you'll always know where your weapons are (if you dont share them between characters)
+ it's easier to start into another class due to it being more likely you already have the prereq's done

Cons:
- leveling all the classes you want will take alot longer and more diligence to complete
- requires you have a lot of weapons (My Main has about 300 weapons unshared)
- costly

darkante
Feb 19, 2009, 03:52 PM
Yesh, no problem. If you rather want it for one character then by all means, itīs very possible.

Humans is balanced, so they donīt exceel in anything.
But for one character, itīs the perfect balance to try everything out on.

Hoped that help some. :)

stukasa
Feb 19, 2009, 04:03 PM
Sure, you can do it if you want to. The downside is that if you feel like being a fighter one day and a gunner the next, you have to visit the Guardians Colony 5th floor and change your type, unequip your entire palette, swap it, and re-equip all your PAs. If you had two characters you could just log in as the other character and your palette's already set. Of course, it takes more time to level up two characters, but leveling isn't really that hard in this game anyway. :p

BIGGIEstyle
Feb 19, 2009, 04:03 PM
Whether it's possible or not is on you really, as it is quite a bit of work. Personally, my main character, Fiora Macras, is a human with all classes excluding master classes currently at lv20 and has enough weapons to start my own rebellion.

Pros:
+ you'll always know where your weapons are (if you dont share them between characters)
+ it's easier to start into another class due to it being more likely you already have the prereq's done

Cons:
- leveling all the classes you want will take alot longer and more diligence to complete
- costly

Just figured as someone who has multiple characters for different jobs I'd supplement the info that's been given to you from the other POV.

I agree with all of macras's pros with the slight exception of multiple characters confusing people. I'm smart enough to list all my characters on my partner card so my friends don't get confused :P

The cons however I'd like to dispute:
1: leveling all the classes you want will take alot longer and more diligence to complete
Actually, levelling the classes you want will take the same amount of time and diligence. You'll just be learning them on a different character.

2: requires you have a lot of weapons
Again, you'd have the same amount of weapons, just shared across different characters.

3: costly
Very true, but just as costly as if you spread it across 4 characters.

Now here's my Pro/Con list

Pros
- Once you are levelled to a certain point, all of your class types can run whatever mission you want (I HATED it when I wanted to run my techer in an S2 run with friends but he was only Lv50 -_-)
- Less pressure to focus on 1 character over another.
- A better looking equipment scheme due to only focusing on one character.

Cons
- You will not be able to equip certain weapons as fast as another race while leveling. (Humans get less ATP than casts and beasts, and less Tech than Newmen. You'll be waiting a bit longer to equip weapons while leveling)
- While it's not a con to having 1 character do everything, it's more of a con to a HUMAN doing everything: No racial ability.
- Having another race be better at your type than you (I don't care about this personally, but you might.)
- Having to constantly swap PAs and types.

Daemon Gildas
Feb 19, 2009, 04:05 PM
Well, before I decide on anything, are there any specific advantages or disadvantages to the other races? I have a "single character" preference, but I'm certainly not *against* the idea of having multiple characters.

My main was a human, but I had played a Beast and a Cast before. I didn't really get to experiment with SUB weapons or the Beast transformation a whole lot, how effective are they, both earlier and later on? I guess there's no reason I couldn't just have one of each, but seems like a good way to pass the time until I make sure I can afford AotI and subscription fees :P

autumn
Feb 19, 2009, 04:46 PM
The S rank SUV weapon is extremely powerful and well worth having, I believe it is one of the biggest reasons people choose to play CASTs over the other races. I don't care for nanoblasts at all, I'd much rather just be using whatever weapon I have but it has its uses as well. The invincability blast good on all types, and the power one is a nice alternative for gunner types to fight something that is bullet resistant.

Darius_Drake
Feb 19, 2009, 04:49 PM

Pros:

Cons:
- really, really costly

Fixed

OldCoot
Feb 19, 2009, 05:35 PM
The folks above covered all the bases, but if it were me I would go human. It is true I won't have the nanobblast or an SUV, but this race can handle well whatever job you throw at them.

BIGGIEstyle
Feb 19, 2009, 06:34 PM
The folks above covered all the bases, but if it were me I would go human. It is true I won't have the nanobblast or an SUV, but this race can handle well whatever job you throw at them.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I agree that if you are making 1 character for all types human is by FAR the way to go with them :P

ashley50
Feb 19, 2009, 06:38 PM
yes...very possible.
That's why you CAN change classes on Guardians Colony 5th Floor, ain't that a obvious reason enough?

_Vyser_
Feb 19, 2009, 06:48 PM
Also keep in mind, you can only have one pure PM per character. Unless you want to only make one type of weapon well, or mooch off of someone else's pure PM, you're going to want to have 4 characters anyway.

Macras
Feb 20, 2009, 01:47 AM
or you can make 3 other characters, make pure PMs for them and then just use them to make weapons. this is completely possible as a character can be lv1 and have a pure PM

_Vyser_
Feb 20, 2009, 02:00 AM
True, but it's also annoying if you decide you want to make a different race/gender than the mule you made. It's not fun having to remake pure PMs all the time. But if you're ok with making 4 characters and never using the other 3 (unless can you predict what race/genders you might want to try later), then go for it. Just trying to help prevent people from having to remake a pure PM because they want to remake that character slot. I can't tell you how much money I've wasted from that. It's always nice to try out different races anyway.

Macras
Feb 20, 2009, 02:09 AM
i actually tried the other races before i made my characters static (excluding my 4th slot since i dont make armor) so i only had that problem when there was a name i wanted to take and now she is a lv something beast wartecher.