PDA

View Full Version : Why do TV dinners never turn out like they look on the box?

FunkyMcGunk
Feb 11, 2003, 04:31 PM
I want my salsbury steak to look as good as on the box, but I get some 1 cm thick piece of "meat" with some "sauce" on it. Also, have you tried that instant maccaroni and cheese? With the powder cheese you add? I've tried that, and my mac 'n cheese always ends up looking like cheetos, what am I doing wrong?

A desperate college student that is hungry and can't cook worth poo, and I have not enough money to eat out all the time...of course.

Love Me.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Feb 11, 2003, 04:37 PM
You have to heat them up.

DeathCheese87
Feb 11, 2003, 04:51 PM
i enjoy the brownines!

BlackRose
Feb 11, 2003, 04:54 PM
On some TV dinners around here, it actually says "Artist's Conception" in really small print under the picture...

ABDUR101
Feb 11, 2003, 04:59 PM
Why do TV dinners never turn out like they look on the box?

Because it's a TV dinner, not a gourmet dinner. If it came out looking like a gourmet dinner, it sure as hell would'nt cost the same.

And the reason they don't make it look on the box like how it actually turns out....well, would you want to buy something that looks like that?

I get the Hungry Man, 1 lb chicken breast dinner, boneless, with mashed potatoes, corn and that nice pudding that you end up scorching in the microwave as you cook the food.

..I'd rather have a nice fried rice and General Tso's chicken =/

CR0W
Feb 11, 2003, 05:06 PM
cookies!!!!!!!!!

-BK-
Feb 11, 2003, 05:11 PM
Why are they called "tv dinners"? You find no entertainment from watching them, you can't press a button to see a different one, and they aren't sponcered by anyone. You stick them in the microwave, either over-cook or under-cook them, and when you're finished eating; you end up wishing you would have grabbed the other "flavor" that you saw.

FunkyMcGunk
Feb 11, 2003, 05:18 PM
Just a quick whatever.

Have any of you tried that instant macarroni that I spoke of? Does the cheeto affect happen to you to? I'm seriously wondering if I'm doing something wrong, do I have a defective product, or does it just end up like that?
Thanks for any tips.

Love you're neighborhood stupid guy.

Ian D
Feb 11, 2003, 05:20 PM
On 2003-02-11 14:11, hagakura wrote:
Why are they called "tv dinners"?

Because you can easily eat them on a tray while watching TV...?

Ian D
Feb 11, 2003, 05:22 PM
On 2003-02-11 14:18, FunkyMcGunk wrote:
Just a quick whatever.

Have any of you tried that instant macarroni that I spoke of?

I've tried it before, mine always ends up pretty dry with the cheese clinging onto it. It doesn't look much like Cheetos, though. (If it did I would eat it more often... Mmm, Cheetos.)

ABDUR101
Feb 11, 2003, 05:23 PM
On 2003-02-11 14:20, Ian D wrote:
Because you can easily eat them on a tray while watching TV...?

-1 Mystery of the Universe

Nice going.. =|

Ness
Feb 11, 2003, 05:30 PM
Health Choice dinners are great in the microwave.

LamerPanda
Feb 11, 2003, 05:51 PM
Mine usually look somewhat like the box until I actually cut the meat open.

The Hungry Man chicken reminds me of a sponge. o_o;

pixelate
Feb 11, 2003, 06:35 PM
Macaroni and cheese is so hard to make that you need a microwavable version? Wow...just...wow...

Bloodberry
Feb 11, 2003, 06:47 PM
Ramen Noodle Soup, the staple of the college student. Not only does it require no time and/or skill to make, it gives you back the effort you put into it! Like eating air with a tangy chicken taste.

DeathCheese87
Feb 11, 2003, 07:14 PM
lets not forget about uncle ben's rice bowls!

dems miiiighty tasty eatin's!

Abaddon
Feb 11, 2003, 07:27 PM
TV Dinners are teh suck.
They call them TV dinners because you can prepare it quickly and eat it in front of the tv easily. or something.

Vantamiath
Feb 11, 2003, 08:03 PM
As for your querry on "EASY MAC," I have concluded how to make it just as delicious as the "real" stuff. Alas, the trick is to add much more water then the instructions say to, this makes it warmer, as well as less dry.

Soon you will see; the wondors of EASY MAC!

FunkyMcGunk
Feb 11, 2003, 10:49 PM
HOORAY WATERY FOOD!!!

SorceressofTime
Feb 12, 2003, 02:30 AM
On 2003-02-11 15:47, Bloodberry wrote:
Ramen Noodle Soup, the staple of the college student. Not only does it require no time and/or skill to make, it gives you back the effort you put into it! Like eating air with a tangy chicken taste.

*drools* mMmMmMm... XD

KyuutoHikari
Feb 13, 2003, 10:35 PM
How about adding milk to Easy Mac instead of water? The idea of adding water to cheese never really seemed that appealing to me anyway. Haha, cheetos. That cracks me up so good.

Phobos-X
Feb 14, 2003, 12:38 PM
Why do TV dinners never turn out like they look on the box?

same reason why burgers dont look as "big and juicy" on the menu boards, as they do when they are sitting on your tray, to sucker you out of your money!