PDA

View Full Version : Moral Dilemma vs. Major Problem..

Shala_
Mar 2, 2001, 06:19 PM
Ok first off.. Pls don't flame me.. I have a story to tell.
A few days ago.. I was playing pso.. I started to save and I Accidentlly knock out my other Controller out of port 2 (basically you know what happened) well, It wasn't my Character that got deleted.. it was my Roomate/Friend .. His Level 52 Force was the only reason he played PSO .. and I feel terrible.. fortunatly, he doesn't know yet.. , But he is going to this weekend..
My character is a level 53 Hunter/Newman

Now, my dillema..I know if he finds his character deleted.. he'll stop playing all together.. and i enjoy playing with him..
But I don't believe in cheating ..i don't cheat in games.. If I spend 50$ on a game.. I wanna get my moneys worth out of it.. well..

The situation: I'm asking all of you on your thoughts.. Should I gameshark(evil word) a game to bring his Character to the same level.. give him the same items.. (since i'm level 53 I get most of the same items he does) he had no rares, (cept the fire sceptor) which I have in my inventory to give him.. he probibly won't find out and be happy as a clam, or should I tell him straight out that i deleted his character accidentally and then he'll leave the game for good (guarented, he's stubborn).. Pls don't flame me.. i'm only looking for your opinion.. -Shala

Benn
Mar 2, 2001, 06:34 PM
I will say just let him know the truth.. although he may not be able to handle the truth..
Its just a character.. start a new one. I actually enjoy more when playing as a low level character. At least what you worry about is your life and not what items enemy drop...
plus, there aren't that many people who can just stop playing PSO.. unless he is equipped with resist/PSO thingy.... haha

Beserker-X
Mar 2, 2001, 06:36 PM
Damn, that really bites... I hate cheaters, dupers, you name it. But you have a legit reason behind this. Now I totally oppose cheating because someone is too lazy to gain lvls themselves. But what happened with your friend's char was an accident. And if I lost my lvl 63 HUmar, I'd be as mad as he will be if he finds out. Use the gameshark, don't tell him. What he doesn't know won't hurt him.

Mistkerl_Zwo
Mar 2, 2001, 06:59 PM
Not that this has anything to do with it,
but why do you even own a gameshark in the first place if you hate cheating so much?

is there a valid use for the gameshark that i was previously unaware of?

Lithius
Mar 2, 2001, 07:05 PM
Yes, actually some of them allow you to play import games, so don't make unsure accusations. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

And yes, I have a 59 HUmar, and I would be pissed as hell if I lost him. But I wouldn't quit. I'd enjoy joining friends in getting my char back up. That's the best part of the game, teamwork.

Ambrai
Mar 2, 2001, 07:16 PM
I personally would create a new char in the same likness of the previous one and start lving em as fast as you can.

Shala_
Mar 2, 2001, 07:17 PM
Did I say the gameshark is mine?
I don't own a gameshark for dc.. but i do own one for PSX.. the reason I use the Gameshark for psx? After I beat a game.. I like to go into it and fool around.. Yes there ARE other codes besides cheating.. Hidden character? Walk thru walls.. .. It's not the device.. it's the way you use it.. But it's ok.. I understand how you feel.. no one like a cheater.. -Shala

Shala_
Mar 2, 2001, 07:27 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif Unless you guys think you can help me level a Force to level 52 in 10 hours.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif
-Shala

Benn
Mar 2, 2001, 07:52 PM
10hours!!!!
use the gameshark....
hehee.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Sylvette
Mar 2, 2001, 09:08 PM
I say tell him what happened. He may not want a character that's been recreated by cheating, but if he doesn't care, he'll do it himself, I'm sure. That way you don't have to.

Odd situation though. How did the character get erased by knocking the second controller out? Only the VMU that's being saved to should get corrupted if it's disconnected during a save.

Shala_
Mar 2, 2001, 09:15 PM
That's a good question.. the VMU didn't fall out.. the cord actually got Kicked (accidentally) out of the controller port.. while it was saving.. i think it's becuase i store my guild card on his card.. and it was accessing them or somthing.. i dunno... ?? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Mistkerl_Zwo
Mar 2, 2001, 11:04 PM
Well, i was asking because i didn't even know what a game shark was until i started playing PSO.

I didn't realise there were legitimate reasons for having one, and if you read the opinions on here, i am sure you can understand why i would ask!

": )

Sylvette
Mar 2, 2001, 11:52 PM
I do own a game shark for the PSX... the last good one, since it let you find your own codes. It's a very nice toy for doing odd things in your games once you're bored with them. I created codes to let you play as NPCs, pets, or any of the monsters in Legend of Mana, among other weird things. That kind of stuff can be a blast. If PSO was an offline-only game and the Dreamcast gameshark didn't suck, I'd want to do something similar there...

Manifest
Mar 3, 2001, 12:00 AM
do it. your friend will never know. To him it will be like he just left it. Who are you hurting?