PDA

View Full Version : About Absolute dance

Killerhero
Feb 21, 2009, 09:15 PM
How long did it take you guys if you have this move?And you guys mind giving me some tips on where to level this fast. Right now its only level 6.

Libram
Feb 21, 2009, 10:42 PM
It takes a while to get to 11. I can't tell you how long seeing as I generally just use the PA I'm trying to develop exclusively whenever I'm running a mission. Once it does hit 11 it'll be much easier since it adds so many hits during the second tier of the combo.

If you want a good place to level Absolute Dance the Polties in Charged Puzzle are obviously a very good target. Another place is Sakura Blast on Neudaiz. The Boomas love to clump together, and when you get Lv 11 on the Skill the Boomas will only pop into the air once when you attack. After that they will fall onto their back no matter what, even if you were to use the yo-yo skill from the twin daggers. You can easily connect with all parts of any skill against those mobs.

darkante
Feb 22, 2009, 01:10 AM
I did level it to lv 21 at Charged Puzzle at the Polty spawn in the end.
Seems easiest to me. I havenīt really noticed the real power from it yet.
I donīt really like it much.

Killerhero
Feb 22, 2009, 02:01 AM
Alright, thanks for the tips guys. Its just really hard for me because its only one hit and almost half the time I strike a zero.

Hrith
Feb 22, 2009, 07:15 AM
It's stupidly powerful, though, so it's definitely worth it.

It's also the melee PA which has by far the slowest leveling rate, even Gravity Break and Anga Dugrega are not as bad.

On Fighmaster (with increased speed), this skill is simply nuts. It kills a dragon boss in seconds, easily rivaling Anga Jabroga.

Macras
Feb 22, 2009, 07:30 AM
Except for the fact human stupidity knows no bounds. It is indeed powerful, but its knock-up on the second hits and away on the final hit. (which alot of people also like to spam even though it is more counterproductive than leveling the skill) These same people also decide to use it on small and medium sized monsters but curiously not large sized monsters.(the ones you should actually use it on)

darkante
Feb 22, 2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah, but i feel Spiral Dance does about the same great job on big foes as well.

But Hrith i think knows his stuff, itīs just a matter of the right level and class.
I havenīt played Fighmaster yet (itīs too limited for me), so i canīt confirm his answer.

Hanz Gropenfondel
Feb 22, 2009, 04:05 PM
Well, I leveled Absolute Dance up to 21 and was very disappointed.
It took forever to level, as powerful as it may be, it misses far too often to be useful, it's last combo attack looks fancy but only hits once ... if you can actually hit anything after the second combo which knocks everything out of range.
When you come down to it, it's probably the worst PA in the game.
I'd say to not waste your time leveling this awful PA, you'll end up deleting it anyway.
Go with Spiral Dance.

Libram
Feb 22, 2009, 05:01 PM
the second combo which knocks everything out of range.

The only way I see that happening is with enemies that roll when they land, i.e. robots and cows. Everything else is fully within striking range with the 3rd combo after getting popped into the air.

Dragwind
Feb 22, 2009, 05:09 PM
It's definitely a good skill, but expect to spend a good amount of time leveling it. I just don't suggest using the last part of the combo.

Risuo
Mar 25, 2009, 11:16 AM
I only play offline, and it took me a while too. Two whole days of non-stop triangle button spamming. Um, If you're looking to level it, you could go on a low level mission(this is for skill LV 1~10) and just wait for the enemies to gather round you and hope you don't hit all zeroes. After it gets to 11, it'll be fun using it on multi-hitbox enemies(especially since most of em don't fly away)

I'd like to make a comment though on someone's previous post. It isn't really that useless, especially when it comes to mobs. If you're surrounded it kills them fast especially when you time it right(you know, when you stop pressing the button then press it again and a ring of light appears around you. Was it called Just Attack?). When it comes to bosses, you'll practically connect with about 5-6 hitboxes. With a little patience and knowledge on when to use it, you'll have one hell of a skill to use.

ZeroKamikaze
Mar 25, 2009, 09:49 PM
I usually just use it for the hell of it, though I believe you could classify Absolute Dance as a Dragon killer.

Past that point, it just looks cool to me (when used with fire Crea Doubles).

Aeris
Mar 25, 2009, 10:26 PM
I have it at 50, and love it. It does 400%+ Damage, and the only things I hit away are, as said, robots.

I have it at 41 atm, its around 440% at 50, does nice damage when its at 40+, took me like 2 days to get it to 11 which it didn't take me long since i spammed it a lot against 3 or more enemies grouped together or enemies that has 3+ targets on them.

Touka
Mar 25, 2009, 10:51 PM
I used Rescuing Hyuuga to level mine,can't remember how long it took to get to 21.I use it more as a crowd clearer,true Spiral Dance is a good(or even better)alternative but it sends stuff flying all over the place.Absolute only does that to cows and robots and the last part which like Dragwind said shouldn't really be used because of it's slow startup.