PDA

View Full Version : PA, Resta,Giresta questions

AnimeBoy33
Feb 22, 2009, 12:47 AM
1.Which Healing Tech is better?Resta or Giresta

2.What diffrence does it make if you level up your PA's if its like Lv.26

Magus_84
Feb 22, 2009, 02:16 AM
1. Neither. They're useful for different things. Giresta's better used as a buff, while Resta is more suited to healing needs.

Giresta has a heal-over-time effect. However, if you cast Giresta, any healing from it after the character is at full HP gets "stored", and any damage they take will first be taken out of the "stored" HP.

Casting Giresta on a character with a stored HP buffer like this resets the stored HP to 0, meaning they'll take full damage from the next attack they take until it has time to build up again. So if you main heal with Giresta, you'll lose the benefit of the stored HP buffer on anyone within your Giresta range that's not injured. I generally cast it when I cast my buffs. The "extra" HP it adds makes a noticeable difference in survivability.

Resta's also cheaper to cast, (slightly) faster to cast and has a longer range.

2. It adds additional damage and sometimes ATA. And for techs, it also boosts a hidden elemental percentage modifier, further increasing damage.

AnimeBoy33
Feb 22, 2009, 02:48 AM
2. It adds additional damage and sometimes ATA. And for techs, it also boosts a hidden elemental percentage modifier, further increasing damage.

How about Assist Technics?

stukasa
Feb 22, 2009, 03:01 AM
Buffs and debuffs only get better at 11, 21, 31 and 41. There's no difference between a level 26 and a level 27 buff.

Hrith
Feb 22, 2009, 07:10 AM
Giresta is junk, you're better off not using it.

But if you choose to use it nonetheless, only do so once in a while; for every time you use this technic, you reset the regenerative process, making it even more useless.

darkante
Feb 22, 2009, 07:49 AM
Giresta is a buff, just plug it in once.
Then just use Resta for healing to avoid negating the regeneration status.

If Scape dolls didnīt exist, Giresta would be alot more useful.

Magus_84
Feb 22, 2009, 01:45 PM
Giresta is junk, you're better off not using it.

But if you choose to use it nonetheless, only do so once in a while; for every time you use this technic, you reset the regenerative process, making it even more useless.

I don't quite see how it is "junk" if you're actually making use of the stored HP. However, if you're trying to use it as a replacement for Resta...it is junk at that. It's slower, more expensive and has less range.

As a buff though, it's probably more useful than Deband at all times, and more useful than Retier in any party where you don't have offensive techers. Even with AT's lowish HP, one "stored" tick eliminates a bit over 100 damage. Compare that to the ~50 damage Deband reduces.

Only time I can see Deband being more useful is if you're taking damage consistently enough to nullify the stored healing ticks. And at any other time, it's still probably worth prioritizing over everything but Shifta.

CelestialBlade
Feb 22, 2009, 02:33 PM
Most people who say Giresta is junk either haven't used it or used it once or twice and judged it right then and there. Not saying that's the case here, it's just something I've picked up on.

There's a couple of things you have to realize about Giresta before you can really use it to its fullest ability. One, you need a Har/Quick. It really sucks without one, and you want all heals to be as fast as they can be. Two, you need a Wand/Rod/TECH-Mag with a lot of PP, but it's not like this is hard to achieve anymore. If you're using an S-rank or Kubara TECHNIC weapon and you're honestly running out of PP using Giresta, you're using it too much. I used Giresta for a long time on my Guntecher, and I never had any PP issues. Good Wands to use it with are Magical Wand, Magical Wand/C, and Granahodaroc. Good TECH-Mags would be Pushan and Doric.

As for the never-ending Resta vs. Giresta debate, I think there's a couple of ways to look at this. If I had to choose ONE of them and had to delete the other one, I would choose Giresta hands down. The optimum setup would be to use both in conjunction, but, it's not necessary. For one thing, with the 2/4 TECHNIC weapon setups, having 5 buffs can be awkward to set up. You can tie Resta and Giresta to one Wand or TECH-Mag, but then that kicks Reverser out (just depends on how necessary you view that TECHNIC), though you can always bind all three to a Rod and maybe use Regrant as your fourth slot to make it Light. You may see a Giresta-only approach as "inefficient," but just try it--it's nowhere near as junk as you may think. Yes, an additional casting of Giresta resets the regen, but think about it. You heal your party, regen is applied. The Giresta regen builds really, really fast, so if someone gets hit again, the regen kicks in. Now the regen is near zero again, so if they get hit immediately after, using Giresta again really doesn't make a difference.

Now, the one time I WOULD recommend a dual Resta/Giresta approach is in any area where you're taking a lot of damage in a short time, like the Magashi room in Bladed Legacy. Other than that, you can do this if you want, but you'll find it's not as necessary as it may seem on paper. You can work around the speed loss and the PP cost, and the range difference is pretty miniscule and won't be what makes the difference in a fight, and certainly never has in my experience.

Vent
Feb 22, 2009, 03:05 PM
This is currently my AT palette:
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/VentAileron/palette.png

I've got a Giresta/Resta combo palette. There's really no need to put Giresta/Resta on one set of weapons. Although I keep changing my palette to handle the current situation/mission as best as possible, there's a few things that stay where there are. My buffs are on the last set of my palette. Giresta + Reverser are on the tech mag on the first set with the whip. Resta + Reverser are on the wand with the card. Incidentally, there's another Resta on the tech mag with the light element saber. And also incidentally, I just did Bladed Legacy when I took this shot, so the tech mag with the earth element wand has Regrants and Resta.

Now for the reason I show you my palette is pretty simple. I've only Giresta at one spot and Resta on all the other coventional spots. You have a full palette at your disposal. You don't need to handle all the situations with just one set of weapons. Switching weapons effectively solves the Giresta/Resta dilemma. I admit that sometimes I use Giresta even when the previous one is still active, thus probably cancelling the regeneration for a few players. But what's the big deal with that? It isn't that much of a problem.

I don't understand why you should compare the usefulness of Giresta and Deband. You can have Deband active together with Giresta. There's no reason to prioritize one above another. If you really want to compare I can throw in a pro for Deband and that is to avoid OHKO's.

There's not even need for Giresta in Bladed Legacy with Mister Renvolts. You don't have time to save up for the HP anyway, of course you can do this before entering the room. But I assume you mean bringing Giresta and Resta into the room itself.

If I would choose between the two, I would choose Resta, because Giresta feels a bit like cheating. That doesn't mean I won't use it though.

stukasa
Feb 22, 2009, 03:07 PM
I always think of it like this: Resta is better DURING fights, Giresta is better BETWEEN fights.

I have both equipped and I use both. Giresta is definitely not junk. I use it a lot, just not as much as Resta.

Magus_84
Feb 22, 2009, 04:15 PM
This is currently my AT palette:

I don't understand why you should compare the usefulness of Giresta and Deband. You can have Deband active together with Giresta. There's no reason to prioritize one above another. If you really want to compare I can throw in a pro for Deband and that is to avoid OHKO's.

For reference, my main's a human male AT. I compared it to Deband because, for a while there, I'd completely dropped Deband from my pallette. It forced me to use two (or at least most of two slots) for buffs, and required switching to one slot, casting four techs, then switching to another slot and casting the fifth. I refresh buffs whenever they drop, and try to do it when everyone's stuck within range without having to stop. However, that's still five casts and a weapon switch before everyone's buffed.

So I thought about it and did a bit of testing. Assuming you count Giresta as a buff (which I do), Deband has the least effect of the five "buffs" as long as you're in a party where at least one character uses offensive techs some of the time (which I generally am). While still useful, it can be reasonably dropped or replaced by Jellen on really dangerous stuff. You still will be occasionally casting something in its place, but not as often as you'd be refreshing buffs.

This "works" because, as far as I can tell, enemy ATP has more of an effect on the damage you take than your own DFP. Setting up like this speeds up buff times and frees up part of a pallete slot. I had one "buff" slot with Shifta/Giresta and Zodial/Retier, and kept Jellen in reserve on a TCSM for when it was needed. Everything else was survivable through Giresta, Zodial, the occasional Zoldeel, manual dodging and good old-fashioned preemptive violence (read: all stuff I was doing anyway).

If you're playing with tougher characters (fighter-types, Casts/Beasts or gunners that don't get hit much), the "Giresta only, no Deband" concept works pretty well. The less often they get hit, the better it works.

But the smaller the party or the more fragile your teammates are, the more value Deband gains. Or if you're playing the event's bonus mission, every little bit counts. So I've worked it back into my pallette. I just have it on its own separate wand or TCSM (along with Resta), in a different slot. Generally, I pair it (on a wand) with either a Megid/Nosmegid TCSM or a Mech. Otherwise, it's on a TCSM with a Rising Strike-equipped Saber. This way, if someone dies, I can get the buffs back up on them as fast as possible, prioritizing in my opinion of their importance.

I also have Zoldeel in general use, mainly in conjunction with a whip to spam Just Counter. But I've also been told I'm weird. >_>

Recently, my pallette on AT ends up looking like:

Twin Handguns or offensive TSCM + Healstick or jellen/resta mag with spinning/gravity/rising saber
Offensive TCSM (Basic/Ra opposite to area's element) + healstick
TCSM (Zoldeel/Resta) + Whip (Vivi Danga)
Card + Resta/reverser wand (hereafter referred to as "healstick")
Resta/Deband and some form of offense (See above)
Buff slot (Giresta/Shifta + Retier/Zodial)

WALL OF TEXT END

Anyway. >_>

I list all of the above to explain my reasoning behind comparing Deband to Giresta, as the two do mostly different things. And it only really matters to me because I tend to overthink things waaaay too much.

Giresta also doubles as a healing tech. My advice on it was in my first post, but it's not a HUEG deal either way. Remember, if you have any healing tech, you're still sparing your teammates' Trimate supplies, regardless of how you use it. Assuming you do actually use it. The rest is just specifics of how many pallette slots you want to devote to support techs.

Also, getting AT Giresta overwritten with MF Giresta makes me ;_; .

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 22, 2009, 05:37 PM
Most people who say Giresta is junk either haven't used it or used it once or twice and judged it right then and there. Not saying that's the case here, it's just something I've picked up on.

There's a couple of things you have to realize about Giresta before you can really use it to its fullest ability. One, you need a Har/Quick. It really sucks without one, and you want all heals to be as fast as they can be. Two, you need a Wand/Rod/TECH-Mag with a lot of PP, but it's not like this is hard to achieve anymore. If you're using an S-rank or Kubara TECHNIC weapon and you're honestly running out of PP using Giresta, you're using it too much. I used Giresta for a long time on my Guntecher, and I never had any PP issues. Good Wands to use it with are Magical Wand, Magical Wand/C, and Granahodaroc. Good TECH-Mags would be Pushan and Doric.

As for the never-ending Resta vs. Giresta debate, I think there's a couple of ways to look at this. If I had to choose ONE of them and had to delete the other one, I would choose Giresta hands down. The optimum setup would be to use both in conjunction, but, it's not necessary. For one thing, with the 2/4 TECHNIC weapon setups, having 5 buffs can be awkward to set up. You can tie Resta and Giresta to one Wand or TECH-Mag, but then that kicks Reverser out (just depends on how necessary you view that TECHNIC), though you can always bind all three to a Rod and maybe use Regrant as your fourth slot to make it Light. You may see a Giresta-only approach as "inefficient," but just try it--it's nowhere near as junk as you may think. Yes, an additional casting of Giresta resets the regen, but think about it. You heal your party, regen is applied. The Giresta regen builds really, really fast, so if someone gets hit again, the regen kicks in. Now the regen is near zero again, so if they get hit immediately after, using Giresta again really doesn't make a difference.

Now, the one time I WOULD recommend a dual Resta/Giresta approach is in any area where you're taking a lot of damage in a short time, like the Magashi room in Bladed Legacy. Other than that, you can do this if you want, but you'll find it's not as necessary as it may seem on paper. You can work around the speed loss and the PP cost, and the range difference is pretty miniscule and won't be what makes the difference in a fight, and certainly never has in my experience.

Almost none of this is true.

First, as Giresta is a buff the casting speed is negligible, therefore a quick or smart unit is not required. Keep in mind that Giresta should only be cast once very 4-5 minutes (depending upon the duration). As a result the lack of a quick or smart unit hardly does anything.

Second, Giresta is not a healing technic so it should rarely be cast in order to heal. Also note that every time you cast Giresta you are resetting the buffer so simply cast it and never use it until you need to recast it because the duration has expired. A good rule to follow is that if you are not casting your buffs, you should not be casting Giresta.

Third, Resta is superior to Giresta in almost every manner possible, so if you are going to use one exclusively, use Resta. Chances are that if you need to heal, you will have to heal more than once. Why bother using Giresta if you will be constantly resetting the buffer and negating the only advantage that Giresta has over Resta?

I find it humerous that you comment at the beginning of your post saying that players that call Giresta junk have never used it yet you have no clue how to use it properly yourself. My opinions are based on fact and I will gladly provide numeric evidence to prove my case if you want to continue this discussion.

One last thing is that if you can only pick one healing technic, you drop a buff and replace it with Giresta instead so that you can always use both Resta and Giresta. Shifta is mandatory, Zoldial is highly suggested but Deband or Retier can be dropped in order to keep Giresta. I typically drop Deband if there is a player using offensive technics or Retier if there is not. There is no excuse to not have Giresta and Resta unless you are a Masterforce. You can always avoid casting one, especially if there is an Acrotecher in the party with a higher level Giresta, but they should always be included in your PA list.

EDIT: One note on buffs is that they are % based. So if you or the members of your party have a low base stat, i.e. <250 DFP, the buff will do very little for them. This means that Retier does the most as TP has the highest total value for most techer class, followed by Shifta (ATP), then Zoldial (ATA/EVP) and lastly Deband (DFP). If there is not a techer in the party that is using offensive technics then Retier gets bumped to the bottom of the list as MST is even less useful than DFP. Keep in mind that 20% is still very important but 20% of 2,000 (400) is much more important than 20% of 240 (48 ).

Magus_84
Feb 22, 2009, 08:14 PM
Almost none of this is true.

First, as Giresta is a buff the casting speed is negligible, therefore a quick or smart unit is not required. Keep in mind that Giresta should only be cast once very 4-5 minutes (depending upon the duration). As a result the lack of a quick or smart unit hardly does anything.

Second, Giresta is not a healing technic so it should rarely be cast in order to heal. Also note that every time you cast Giresta you are resetting the buffer so simply cast it and never use it until you need to recast it because the duration has expired. A good rule to follow is that if you are not casting your buffs, you should not be casting Giresta.

Third, Resta is superior to Giresta in almost every manner possible, so if you are going to use one exclusively, use Resta. Chances are that if you need to heal, you will have to heal more than once. Why bother using Giresta if you will be constantly resetting the buffer and negating the only advantage that Giresta has over Resta?

I find it humerous that you comment at the beginning of your post saying that players that call Giresta junk have never used it yet you have no clue how to use it properly yourself. My opinions are based on fact and I will gladly provide numeric evidence to prove my case if you want to continue this discussion.

One last thing is that if you can only pick one healing technic, you drop a buff and replace it with Giresta instead so that you can always use both Resta and Giresta. Shifta is mandatory, Zoldial is highly suggested but Deband or Retier can be dropped in order to keep Giresta. I typically drop Deband if there is a player using offensive technics or Retier if there is not. There is no excuse to not have Giresta and Resta unless you are a Masterforce. You can always avoid casting one, especially if there is an Acrotecher in the party with a higher level Giresta, but they should always be included in your PA list.

EDIT: One note on buffs is that they are % based. So if you or the members of your party have a low base stat, i.e. <250 DFP, the buff will do very little for them. This means that Retier does the most as TP has the highest total value for most techer class, followed by Shifta (ATP), then Zoldial (ATA/EVP) and lastly Deband (DFP). If there is not a techer in the party that is using offensive technics then Retier gets bumped to the bottom of the list as MST is even less useful than DFP. Keep in mind that 20% is still very important but 20% of 2,000 (400) is much more important than 20% of 240 (48).

Actually, the most important sentence of that post was, IMO, The optimum setup would be to use both in conjunction, but, it's not necessary., and that's entirely true. The rest was setup/background. Which still remains true.

The majority of Typheros' post was made under the assumption (stated in the post as being non-optimal) "if you absolutely have to pick one, Giresta does more since it can both provide the HP buffer and run emergency healing. " It then went on to give advice on equipment (like a /Quick) and tactics to somewhat compensate for its disadvantages against Resta. And note that all this was prefaced by that sentence I mentioned. As for main healing with it...if everyone on your team is hurt, by default that means the HP buffer is gone. Which was the healing situation mentioned in that post. It's possible to avoid resetting the buffer on non-injured party members in a good majority of situations if you absolutely must.

Your post is more an explanation of "this is why you should use both in differing situations, and why dropping a buff can be justified to fit in Giresta". You're explaining the "optimal" situation with the assumption that working towards that is necessary. Typheros is saying that "optimal" is not strictly necessary, and goes on to list suggestions for what to do if you aren't in an "optimal" situation. Doesn't make either of them false, it just means one would need to look at the context of each statement.

The point about optimal use of Giresta/Resta not being "necessary" is true. If it wasn't, then Fighmasters and Gunmasters (reigning solo/speedrun kings) would be kinda screwed, as they can cast neither. Let alone all the non-broken non-casters.

Hrith
Feb 23, 2009, 03:50 PM
Giresta is useless because its only use is when a healer is not present, and if you can use Giresta, it means there's a techer, duh...

The "stored HP" is totally pointless, since a good AT will keep their team healed.

To the ones saying "people bashing Giresta have not used it enough", first this is a stupid argument, and secondly, I have used giresta a lot, on GT, FT and AT, I have it at Lv50, etc.

Giresta is good if you're a bad healer, maybe.

DreXxiN
Feb 23, 2009, 05:01 PM
lol........

Magus_84
Feb 23, 2009, 07:11 PM
The stored HP actually helps to offset single big hits that'd otherwise ohko, occasionally. Or more often, two simultaneous hits from two different enemies (say, buffed Go Vahras) that would kill instantly. Stuff you can't heal through, in other words.

No matter how "good" a healer you may be, two hits that hit a party member simultaneously and each take half or more of their max HP will kill them.

Giresta can sometimes offset that. It's like a temporary max HP boost that comes in handy for the more fragile party members. Since DFP and MST are kinda lol in comparison, HP's probably the most useful defensive stat.

In b4 "good party members don't get hit by those attacks."

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 23, 2009, 08:01 PM
I think the point that Hrith was trying to make is that you would not cast a buff in the middle of combat, so why would you ever cast Giresta? It is a buff after all. We are not disputing how effective the buffer can be during combat but Resta is indeed the superior healing technic. In fact Resta is the only healing technic as Giresta, wait for it... is a buff. Please note that if the enemies are getting dealt with easily then by all means rebuff before the party scatters but it is not something that you want to do when the party needs you to heal or deal damage instead.

You can describe all of the 'unique' situations you want, but there is a huge difference between being ready for that situation and being ill prepared to deal with it. The good healers are always prepared for everything, the bad ones, well, they typically only have Giresta because it is "good enough".

You will always need both Resta and Giresta; you may not use both but you always need to have them. As I stated previously I would suggest dropping a less than useful buff before dropping Giresta or Resta. Again, you can always cite a specific example to counter this point but the good support players are always ready to handle everything. There are no exceptions to this rule. If you want to be a good support player than you need to be ready to handle that one moron player that keeps getting themself into trouble while the rest of the party is doing fine, or worse yet, while they are getting tanked.

Libram
Feb 23, 2009, 08:43 PM
I love Giresta during combat, especially when fighting bosses. Dragon stomp, Maggas quake, Momma pound, all those types of large area, hard-to-dodge attacks just mean I can time my Giresta and start casting just before I get hit, thus healing myself, all those around me, and getting everyone off to a better start once they're mobile.

DreXxiN
Feb 23, 2009, 08:56 PM
That's true also, in boss fights when the slow casting can be used at an advantage.

Arika
Feb 23, 2009, 09:33 PM
This thread shall name GIresta v2.0 !!

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 23, 2009, 09:38 PM
I love Giresta during combat, especially when fighting bosses. Dragon stomp, Maggas quake, Momma pound, all those types of large area, hard-to-dodge attacks just mean I can time my Giresta and start casting just before I get hit, thus healing myself, all those around me, and getting everyone off to a better start once they're mobile.

This is not a proper use of Giresta as it resets the buffer back to zero. Ideally, Giresta would negate any damage taken from the stomp, quake, pound, etc. and allow you to continue attacking instead of being forced to heal. This is a very good example of why Giresta is a buff and not a healing technic. Once the buffer is cleared from damage you will still have to heal using Resta regardless, so why reset the buffer before the duration expires?

This is an example of a bad support player in action. Sure they are still healing, but they are using the wrong technic for the situation. To be honest, ATs are more of a hinderance than Gunmasters or Fighmasters in a party. Making yourself a bad support player only helps others see how worthless ATs can be in a party as you are adding minimal damage and clearing one of the few things that warrants having an AT in the party, i.e. the Giresta buffer. Keep in mind that di/trimates, sol/star atomizers and buff items can easily replace everything else that an AT has to offer. And if you really want Giresta that badly you can always use a GH465 Partner Machine or Maya Shidow (both have level 21-30 Giresta).

Libram
Feb 23, 2009, 11:33 PM
Hiero, if Giresta is a buff as you say then the buffer would be reset just before the boss battle when all the other buffs are reapplied because someone in the party has taken damage in the point leading up to that final teleport. That means very little, if any, HP buffer was created, and a big area smash will completely destroy that. By timing the Giresta to fire as your getting hit everyone takes damage first, gets healed when the spell fires immediately after, and is getting up without worrying about being ripe for a followup attack.

Volcompat321
Feb 23, 2009, 11:56 PM
i kicked resta out the window when i got giresta, no complaints, AT ALL. 1/2 a second longer giresta is than resta is ok with me, and if the party doesnt appreciate the heal im giving them then ill go into a corner and do it to myself. easy as that. AND other than the speed thing, you cant compare giresta to resta, i read a lot of people arguing the hp store thing, well with resta you dont get that at all, so from giresta it helps. even when it does reset when casting, its still useful. (likei said, i kicked resta out) giresta will remain on my pallet forever, while resta remains in my storage collecting dust.

biggabertha
Feb 24, 2009, 12:19 AM
If you do time attack, I'd say that half a second extra to cast is VERY bad.

Does the stacked HP restore stuff really prevent deaths though?

I got smacked for 4000 damage (critical) on my Gunmaster from a rampaging Zamvapas (no Light armour, okay?!) and there was Giresta 41+ going. It was on me for at least 20 seconds so I had a few stacks of it on - I have about 2900HP.

Another case in point - A poor Masterforce with 1890HP gets hit for 4500 from buffed Carriguines. Giresta helps here how...?

I like Giresta for the sound it makes... but that's about it. Resta 31+ looks so much cooler and if there's no server lag, trimates are faster.

Volcompat321
Feb 24, 2009, 12:36 AM
uh i have 0 lag when casting....its really not that slow IF you have a har quick. and i doubt its actually 1/2 a second...it seems a lot faster than that. NOW i have lagged at times and i saw the differerence between em. but with no lag, which i dont have much of there is not much a difference.

drizzle
Feb 24, 2009, 03:57 AM
Resta = Heal
Giresta = Buff (and not a very good one)

Using giresta to heal is stupid. If you do that you take away the one thing it has over Resta and you are left with all its disadvantages.
But at the end of the day the regen portion of Giresta is mostly useless, and what's left is a less effective heal than regular Resta.

Don't use Giresta except to buff once in a while. And even then it's a complete waste of PP most of the time.

darkante
Feb 24, 2009, 05:31 AM
And if you really want Giresta that badly you can always use a GH465 Partner Machine or Maya Shidow (both have level 21-30 Giresta).

Really 465 do that? Hmm, more frequent then maya or the same?

Hrith
Feb 24, 2009, 05:33 AM
Thanks au ;o

Giresta will not save you from one-hit KO attacks. If you have 3000 HP, and an attack deals 3000 or more, you will die, mo matter how much HP you had "stored".

As FT or AT, I find this technic utterly pointless, maybe if I played WT or GT more, I'd like the fact that it allows me to do more than just supporting, heh.

Of course, that does not mean I mind when people use Giresta on me, lol, but one has to share wisdom, right?

Magician
Feb 24, 2009, 08:19 AM
1.Which Healing Tech is better?Resta or Giresta

2.What diffrence does it make if you level up your PA's if its like Lv.26

1. Resta, as giresta should be treated as a buff, resta's pp cost is half that of giresta (resta's 40pp vs giresta 80pp at level 41+), and resta casts quicker than giresta. Once giresta is applied to you or your team (along with SDZR) giresta should not be casted again until the buffs run out, othewise you run the risk of resetting the stored hp to zero on players who were good enough to not be hit. So, resta, all day everyday. Keep you and your team's health in the green, always.

2. Giresta receives auto recover increases (auto recover 2) at levels 11 and (auto recover 3) at 21, along with AoE increases and pp cost increases every ten levels it's raised. Giresta 21+ and 31+ both have auto recover 3, with the only difference being 31+ giresta having a larger AoE and pp cost. As it was mentioned before, there's no difference between giresta level one or giresta level ten, as giresta is not an attack tech and is without a tech % modifier.

Titan
Feb 24, 2009, 10:03 AM
This topic is hella deja vu, yes hella deja vu.

Sekai has got this thread covered already.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2100600&postcount=799

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2099296&highlight=Giresta#post2099296

Resta heals.

Giresta heals, buffs and revives.

Why are there so many arguments?

If your health doesn't regen every now and then, oh well.
If you feel it casts too slow or if your losing pp too quick, how about using as a buff only?

Volcompat321
Feb 24, 2009, 10:13 AM
Resta = Heal
Giresta = Buff (and not a very good one)

Using giresta to heal is stupid. If you do that you take away the one thing it has over Resta and you are left with all its disadvantages.
But at the end of the day the regen portion of Giresta is mostly useless, and what's left is a less effective heal than regular Resta.

Don't use Giresta except to buff once in a while. And even then it's a complete waste of PP most of the time.
i dont know hopw you using giresta, but it fulle heals the party im usually with
1 happens to be a beast FF....so if you dont full heal people your doing something wrong, AND the ONLY disadvantae you have is the time. pp is no big deal, at high lvls you can solo ANY mission without using ALL PP ON ALL WEPS AS TECHER
my techer is only 143, FT 20 and i solo without going thru p. charges(10) i use MAYBE 3...

biggabertha
Feb 24, 2009, 10:56 AM
i dont know hopw you using giresta, but it fulle heals the party im usually with
1 happens to be a beast FF....so if you dont full heal people your doing something wrong

Mmmmmhmmmm..... yeah. Clearly, you're not a Masterforce or an Acrotecher.

AND the ONLY disadvantae you have is the time.

Ooookay, so you're not time attacking either. Resta casts faster - a split second less time spent casting an area heal several times saves several seconds over a single run. That split second could have been used to move yourself out of harm's way or attacking.

pp is no big deal, at high lvls you can solo ANY mission without using ALL PP ON ALL WEPS AS TECHER

Again, you're clearly not a Masterforce.

my techer is only 143, FT 20 and i solo without going thru p. charges(10) i use MAYBE 3...

Whoah, you use photon charges on your Fortetecher that already has a reduction to the PP cost of TECHNICs? But that's trolling. That's off-topic.

If you want to use the more expensive and longer casting time Giresta, go ahead.

The way I see it, Giresta is very much like a 4x4 vehicle in a bustling city. It's impractical - there are no off-roads here. It's inefficient - most 4x4s struggle to maintain 30 miles / 50km a gallon / 5 liters. (Not to mention how much of a nightmare it is to park with one of those things...)

The only thing a 4x4 has over a small hatchback is security. If an 18 wheeler crashes into you, you'll most likely want to be in the bigger, heavier 4x4 but let's face it, if an 18 wheeler crashes into you, you're chances of survival aren't good.

Giresta won't help you when something smacks you for 6000 damage but it might make you feel better.

Up to you if you want to use something more inefficient when you have access to something else more efficient. That's the choice you make. I'd go for Resta anyday over Giresta while you do the opposite. That's your decision.

But I do like how you can level Giresta like a buff TECHNIC...

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 24, 2009, 05:51 PM
I love how this thread made it obvious who the good and bad support players are by their responses.

Inazuma
Feb 24, 2009, 06:57 PM
*inazuma talking to a player new to psu*

would you use giresta if it took away more HP than it gave?

"no, of course not"

exactly. so stop using it for healing and use resta instead. i want more HP, not less.

"oh, i didnt realize that giresta removes stored HP. ive actually been doing the opposite of healing. how silly of me"

its ok. now that you understand, you can be a better techer.

"yep, thanks for the advice. i will use resta for heals and giresta as a buff from now on"

Vent
Feb 25, 2009, 03:29 AM
No need to state the same arguments over and over again. We're debating in a circle now, where the same counter-arguments are used against the same arguments over and over and over again. >_>

I use Giresta for healing when it's convenient. That means when I'm holding the set of my palette that has Giresta.

mll
Feb 25, 2009, 11:21 AM
I use only giresta on my WT, with their defence you don't need a healing tech. Cast it with buffs and it keeps you alive until you have to rebuff. If things get messy (say magashi) then I use trimates, what I find always covers what I use.

Inazuma
Feb 25, 2009, 12:41 PM
No need to state the same arguments over and over again. We're debating in a circle now, where the same counter-arguments are used against the same arguments over and over and over again. >_>

I use Giresta for healing when it's convenient. That means when I'm holding the set of my palette that has Giresta.

you cant debate facts. you can stubbornly choose to ignore the facts and make poor decisions but nothing you do will change the facts.

resta:
- heals more HP
- costs less PP
- bigger range
- casts faster
- does not reset stored HP

giresta:
- adds HP regen
- revives
- frees players from de rol le/dark falz spit trap attack
- heals less HP
- costs more PP
- smaller range
- casts slower
- resets stored HP w/ each cast

these are the facts. you can refuse to accept them, complain about them, whatever you want, but facts will continue to be facts. thank you.

Vent
Feb 26, 2009, 08:51 AM
I didn't deny them, did I?

Even so, if we didn't deny so-called 'facts', the world would still be flat, wouldn't it? I agree there's not much room to deny the facts you stated. Although there's an argument against all that. How much this arguments is worth, is up to you to decide. And that is that a game is played for enjoyment (we live for enjoyment, or don't we?). If you don't enjoy casting Resta...well, who is to say you must cast Resta at certain situations?

Inazuma
Feb 26, 2009, 12:59 PM
I didn't deny them, did I?

Even so, if we didn't deny so-called 'facts', the world would still be flat, wouldn't it? I agree there's not much room to deny the facts you stated. Although there's an argument against all that. How much this arguments is worth, is up to you to decide. And that is that a game is played for enjoyment (we live for enjoyment, or don't we?). If you don't enjoy casting Resta...well, who is to say you must cast Resta at certain situations?

i didnt say you denied them. i said you are choosing to ignore them when making decisions. and i didnt say every player has to always use the very best tech at all times. some players dont care about being good at psu, but that doesnt mean they arent making bad decisions. it just means they dont care about making the right decision.

lets say you are trying to catch a high flying baseball. the ball is so high, you will need to jump in order to reach it. if you dont really care about baseball, you dont have to jump, but you wont catch the ball. it doesnt change the fact that jumping was the better decision to make.

and your argument is completely worthless by the way. people thought the world was flat just based on what they saw, not hard evidence. we know the world is round now b/c its been scientifically proven. we can travel around the world and reach the same point we started at. you cant really compare this to resta/giresta on psu. we have hard mathematical proof that these facts are real. plus its extremely easy to test for yourself. just cast them both and you can see they have different speeds and range, etc.

i dont care if the game is played for fun or not. that has nothing to do w/ this topic. no matter how much the player enjoys the game, resta and giresta will stay the same. if there is a situation where resta would be the better choice, no amount of "fun" can change that. if you still want to insist on it, why dont you show some proof? prove to use how a player having fun can somehow have an effect on the game code so that the properties of resta and giresta change.

Vent
Feb 26, 2009, 01:29 PM
It depends on your world view. Try to convince a religious person that God doesn't exist. He won't believe you, he also claims that he has proof that God does exist. On your side, you're assuming that science and math is the 'truth'. You didn't see the game code, did you? Or maybe even further...the binary code the computer is asked to carry out by the game code. For convenience I won't go any further than that. If you haven't seen the binary code when casting Giresta, you're basing your 'facts' on things you 'see' too.

Why doesn't 'having fun' has anything to do with this topic? I mean...if 'fun' isn't a factor, everyone would go for efficiency. Play as FM and GM? No amount of 'fun' can change the game code, indeed. But 'fun' can change which game code you use in the first place. If someone is spamming Giresta and he's having the best time of his life, would you say he's wrong?

Just curious, do you count 'psychology' as science?

Inazuma
Feb 26, 2009, 01:44 PM
It depends on your world view. Try to convince a religious person that God doesn't exist. He won't believe you, he also claim that he has proof that God does exist. On your side, you're assuming that science and math is the 'truth'. You didn't see the game code, did you? Or maybe even further...the binary code the computer is asked to carry out by the game code. For convenience I won't go any further than that. If you haven't seen the binary code when casting Giresta, you're basing your 'facts' on things you 'see' too.

Why doesn't 'having fun' has anything to do with this topic? I mean...if 'fun' isn't a factor, everyone would go for efficiency. Play as FM and GM? No amount of 'fun' can change the game code, indeed. But 'fun' can change which game code you use in the first place. If someone is spamming Giresta and he's having the best time of his life, would you say he's wrong?

Just curious, do you count 'psychology' as science?

ok, you're right. giresta is better for healing b/c its more fun. i cant see the code so that means the range that shows up in the game is wrong. it actually reaches farther, we just dont see it. and it recovers HP of players who are "out of range", but just doesnt show it on their HP gauge.

in other news, spears w/ lower attack power are actually stronger than those w/ higher attack power. dont be fooled by the damage numbers displayed on the screen. we cant see the code beneath it, so that must mean that the weak spear actually does more damage. and dont be fooled by enemies dying faster from the "stronger" spear. they arent really dead, just invisible. the "weak" spear kills them faster actually, even though the monsters appear to still be alive.

psychology as science? im not sure. i just know that i tend to disagree w/ psychology a lot.

Arika
Mar 1, 2009, 10:46 AM
heh, congrats to Inazuma, winner ! ^^

(and the legend of giresta end here~<3 )