PDA

View Full Version : Who here got a problem with clans/team...etc?

Blenjar
Feb 11, 2003, 05:26 PM
Why do people have problem with clans and others?

- I don't remember why I hate clans...etc.

gallaugher
Feb 11, 2003, 05:48 PM
because clans are too inclusive. I play with a group of people & we have tried very hard to not become a clan. Who has time for meetings, rules & all that organization anyway?

Deus-Irae
Feb 12, 2003, 04:42 AM
many of them suck. lol.

but i have no problem with them. im in one actually. Rules and meetings are not an issue. its all about hanging out talking and gaming with a bunch of real cool people from all over the world. having a community. more like a family or a group of friends of people who have never met than a Clan i guess...

many of them are like the guys above me descibed though. so i understand why people dont like them.

Kent
Feb 12, 2003, 05:14 AM
All of the clans I've been in suck, blew off their best members, and held annoying morons to be "holier" than the skilled ones.

Wewt
Feb 12, 2003, 05:19 AM
Clans for online games normally compete against each other. PSO, however, doesn't do that. You can't. PSO clans don't ever compete against each other.

Imagine your hockey leagues(or whatever sport), with the teams never playing each other, and only playing games amongst their own team members. That would suck.

The common type of clans on PSO are normally cheater clans. They compete with each other by cussing each other out.

liquidshinefreak
Feb 12, 2003, 10:13 AM
last I checked cussing someone out doesn't qualify as "cheating"?

Wewt
Feb 12, 2003, 10:23 AM
On 2003-02-12 07:13, liquidshinefreak wrote:
last I checked cussing someone out doesn't qualify as "cheating"?

You're right about that, it doesn't. Nobody said it did, either.

DemiPlat
Feb 12, 2003, 10:39 AM
On 2003-02-11 14:48, gallaugher wrote:
because clans are too inclusive. I play with a group of people & we have tried very hard to not become a clan. Who has time for meetings, rules & all that organization anyway?

Exactly. Also, I don't "hate" clans or anything, I just can't be bothered. Besides, I like to play with new people all the time, randomly, as well as established friends, in PSO. It's part of the draw for me, seeing how well I can play in different teams. And, yeah, who wants to deal with bunch of rules and meetings and stuff? I've got work for that!

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 12, 2003, 10:42 AM
All other clans are inferior to TSFO. There's no point in even trying to compete! Clans are like making a website with no content other than a forum ;3 Poor snapplese.cx went down after no one talked to me =-_-=

Sedyne
Feb 12, 2003, 10:49 AM
Clans are for people with no life ;3

omg im in DARK NIGHTS CLAN i'm 1337 and your not.

pfft ok fag

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 12, 2003, 11:12 AM
The only benefit of a clan is just sheer numbers. However, in a game like PSO that doesnt really matter. You could make it through the entire game solo, without the aid of anyone. In other online games like EQ, even if you manage to get to lvl 65...there's no way you can solo some of the deities so having a guild, etc. is to your benefit.

Its been my experience that most guilds just develop smaller cliques that keep out newer members that way, rather than just denying membership.

Deus-Irae
Feb 13, 2003, 05:34 AM
On 2003-02-12 07:42, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
All other clans are inferior to TSFO. There's no point in even trying to compete!

never heard of em! ;3 PWNED!!! ;3

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

IronKnight
Feb 13, 2003, 10:01 AM
On 2003-02-12 07:49, SeanX930 wrote:
Clans are for people with no life ;3

omg im in DARK NIGHTS CLAN i'm 1337 and your not.

pfft ok fag

LMFAO! Sean... One of the last remaining intelligent posters on PSOW

Elusive_Llama
Feb 13, 2003, 10:28 AM
Clans can compete on PSO...Battle Mode.

Most clans are overrated, especially in games like Day of Defeat, or <shudder> CS. So you've got a tag in front of your name like [0mg1337]i.r.h4x. That makes you a more skilled player, how? I just love it when people with names like "." or "n00b" are owning a server full of clan people, proving once and for all that a clan tag means jack.

ALPHAM0F0
Feb 13, 2003, 08:39 PM
most clans sucked. the fact that. you'd have to RESTART a character and put a stupid chacter in his name. gah! thats why i hated clans on pso. i learned my lesson after being in -TE-
There was one really cool clan i was in once on pso, it wasn't even really a clan, it was just a group of 20 or so people that were all cardcaptor sakura fans. we were know as "the clow" Lol pretty cheesy i know. but atleast we wouldn't have to rename our characters just added [c] to our guild cards

Ranger_Larry
Feb 13, 2003, 09:00 PM
The only clan I was ever in was called the Union...we made it the ANTI-CLAN clan lol. We had no rules, just that we were friends and helped eachother out....shame it lasted only 2 weeks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Wewt
Feb 13, 2003, 09:31 PM
On 2003-02-13 07:28, Elusive_Llama wrote:
Clans can compete on PSO...Battle Mode.

Well, do they compete in battle mode? They (all clans I've ever come across) don't. But you're right - they can compete against each other. It's just that PSO isn't the kind of game suitable to pit clan against clan.

On 2003-02-13 07:28, Elusive_Llama wrote:
Most clans are overrated, especially in games like Day of Defeat, or <shudder> CS. So you've got a tag in front of your name like [0mg1337]i.r.h4x. That makes you a more skilled player, how? I just love it when people with names like "." or "n00b" are owning a server full of clan people, proving once and for all that a clan tag means jack.

Funny how most of those with "." or "n00b" as a name, are clanned. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Oh well, I'll carry on making fun of PSO clans.