PDA

View Full Version : Printed Strategy Guide For Phantasy Star Portable

Lyckantropen
Feb 24, 2009, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know if there will be an English strategy guide printed for Phantasy Star Portable, when it is released?

I dont think the Japanese language strategy guide would help much, would it?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 24, 2009, 11:40 AM
1. Kill the enemies
2. Pick up the corn
3. Finish the mission and repeat.

superlulu
Feb 24, 2009, 12:08 PM
if your online with PS:P i'll help u if i can it is kinda hard starting out if u haven't played psu i think

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 24, 2009, 12:14 PM
1. Kill the enemies
2. ???
3. Profit.
Fix'd

Syanaide
Feb 24, 2009, 12:55 PM
If it's drop and PA information you're looking for, PSOW and PSU Pedia will be far more convenient and informative than a strategy guide.

XenoNinjaX
Feb 24, 2009, 06:52 PM
knowing the quality of strategy guides lately, even if psp guide exists it'll miss TONS of item informations.

Dragwind
Feb 24, 2009, 07:47 PM
If it's drop and PA information you're looking for, PSOW and PSU Pedia will be far more convenient and informative than a strategy guide.

I'm going to recommend this.

Lyckantropen
Feb 24, 2009, 07:55 PM
Judging by everyone replies, a strategy guide is either not needed, or if info is needed, its better to use the PS Pedia. I will have a look at that. Thanks.

But, I guess what im hoping to find, is a guide for the Vivienne replys/ responses for a positive reaction. Is it really obvious, the correct responses to choose? I guess I wont find a guide like that since the English version of Phantasy Star Portable is not out yet?

RubyEclipse
Feb 24, 2009, 09:21 PM
Some are obvious, but not all... :) On the plus side, you can easily re-play (and keep your char level) to get the good ending.

Lyckantropen
Feb 24, 2009, 09:29 PM
Some are obvious, but not all... :) On the plus side, you can easily re-play (and keep your char level) to get the good ending.

Hmm, I replayed the demo story...and even though I selected different responses for Vivienne, Laia's reactions were the same. They are for the first two times you have to make a choice/ response for Vivienne. Maybe the first two times are not important to the story? Because, I cant tell if its a negative reaction or not...Laia reacts the same way.

Oh, on another note...the English language demo seems to only give you one slot to save your character. Will the full version have more slots?

Dymalos
Feb 28, 2009, 09:47 AM
I believe RubyEclipse is talking about the New Game + feature, which I would avoid like the plague, because it robs you of all of your equipment and items.

Lyckantropen
Feb 28, 2009, 01:33 PM
I believe RubyEclipse is talking about the New Game + feature, which I would avoid like the plague, because it robs you of all of your equipment and items.

Aww that sucks. So, how would you go about trying to get the good ending, then?

Amherst_Wind
Feb 28, 2009, 02:28 PM
Aww that sucks. So, how would you go about trying to get the good ending, then?

Use another one of your 8 character slots. I had no trouble getting the Good ending the first time anyway though... and really if you just got the Normal ending its not such a big deal, you just get a slightly less impressive Vivienne. I'd only consider new game+ if I had got the Bad ending.