PDA

View Full Version : GC Getting online...

Piroshki
Feb 24, 2009, 05:05 PM
OK, I came online and made a new account here because I couldn't seem to connect to the internet, but after looking through bits and pieces of the threads in this forum, I want to ask a preliminary question. Mainly because if the answer to the following question is yes, then that pretty much solves the current problem and renders the rest of this post completely useless. So here's the question:
Do you need to hook up to a computer in order to connect a Gamecube to the internet? I was under the impression that you did not, but...

If the answer is no, I live in Minnesota, US, using attempting to use a Broadband adaptor to hook up to the internet on PSO Ep. I and II. My internet is provided by Comcast. My Gamecube is not in the very near vicinity of any internet outlets, so I use 2 ethernet cables and some sort of an ethernet-cable-connecting-joint in between them, hooking up to what I'm told is a wall outlet for the internet and not a phone.

I'm fairly certain it can connect to the internet, since my previous [broken] adaptor kept telling me that I should check that I'm using the correct cables immediately after I tried connecting. However, when I go to 'Website' from the main menu, and that screen pops up that I'm guessing must be a link to the website where one purchases a Hunter's License, I click it, and I wait... And wait... And wait... And all I ever see is a white screen, possibly with a little arrow zooming around it if I'm holding a controller. But the website never actually loads.

Can someone tell me what I can do to remedy this?
If any sort of other information is needed, just ask and I'll tell what I can.

Dhylec
Feb 24, 2009, 10:51 PM
Sounds like you're trying to use a direct line from the modem to GC. But most of all, the official GC servers are shut down. You can't purchase HL, so don't bother.

Piroshki
Feb 26, 2009, 03:58 PM
REALLY? ^^; ;_;
Aw, then I bought this new adaptor for nothing...
Oh, well, thanks anyways.

Lunairetic
Feb 26, 2009, 04:35 PM
Last I heard there were player servers up, but I don't know the validity of that any more.

Piroshki
Feb 26, 2009, 10:50 PM
That would be absolutely awesome, but I have no idea how to go about accessing one even if I find it.
As far as I can tell, choosing the online part of the game doesn't do much of anything unless you've purchased a Hunter's License, which, apparently, is impossible.
Unless... Well, I suppose I haven't tried that with the new adaptor yet; I've only gone to 'Website.' If there were player servers up, do you know if they would be listed after choosing 'Online Game'? Or have you only heard of them, never used one?

Zabrio
Mar 7, 2009, 10:17 AM
there are private servers for PSO still working but we are unallowed to say them here :P

SStrikerR
Mar 8, 2009, 06:20 PM
Do a google search and you should be fine. btw, it's private servers, not player servers. That might really screw up your search if you mix them up.

Piroshki
Mar 12, 2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks much! :D