PDA

View Full Version : omgf!, another SRANK glitch?

Cloak
Feb 11, 2003, 07:17 PM
Ok, awhile ago I hit my material max on my HUnewearl. Last night I finished C9 and got my SRANK. Today, I found an evade material, and for some reason, it's white AND useable. No material has been useable for my HUne Cloak, for a month or so.

So I went offline to multiplayer with my character who holds materials to see how many I could eat. If I counted right, I could eat 58 materials. @_@; Has this happened to anyone else?

Also I heard that a glitch with completing C9 is: your character may lose one whole stat of material growth. Meaning, if your RAmar ate 10 defense materials, you completed C9, your RAmar would then lose 20 DFP(from the mats eaten before), and he'd now be able to use 10 more. The thing with me is, I didn't lose any stats, at all. I'd notice a huge change of 58 materials if that happened, and it didn't.

;o?

Sedyne
Feb 11, 2003, 07:23 PM
And also apparently peoples tehs level drop to 15 once completeing c mode ^_^. This probably sucks for FO's like me who have all level 30 support techs and high level grants and megid ^_^. Thank god i don't do c mode with my main characters

Castoth
Feb 11, 2003, 07:25 PM
Maybe it's not a glitch but a bonus? You were able to endure C-mode completely so your body is able to withstand more mat usage. If so, then maybe there is little difficulty now in attaining max stats by level 200.

Of course, the second part sucks and probably is a glitch though...or they both are and I'm talking out of my ass. >_>

Castoth
Feb 11, 2003, 07:27 PM
And the spells part is completely messed up. Guess it's best to do Challenge mode as a FO while you are still a low level. Geez...

geewj
Feb 11, 2003, 07:27 PM
*note to self: Use a lvl 1 character for c-mode*

Cloak
Feb 11, 2003, 07:39 PM
Oh well, if it's a glitch, then it's a good one. XO" I thought about it being a bonus too, but no one else reported it, so I doubt it. But I really don't see how C-mode has so many glitches now, I mean we DID have Challenge Mode in V2 right? -_-

Now to figure out what mats I wana eat... xo;

Cloak
Feb 11, 2003, 08:54 PM
Bleh, another bug I should add.. I just noticed my HUne's used-to-be Razonde LV20, is now Razonde LV15. So the confirmed force techs going down thing, isn't just for forces...

Castoth
Feb 11, 2003, 09:17 PM
Hmm, I wonder then if some techs possibly go up to 15 if they are less than that before finishing Challenge...

Link00seven
Feb 11, 2003, 09:43 PM
Sigh..

Damn you Sonic Team. ****in morons. I'm tellin ya.

I hope this glitch is fixed. I wanna do c-mode with my main force, but I cant afford to lose techs...

Tigereye
Feb 11, 2003, 10:27 PM
You're serious?! Man this sucks...

Davion
Feb 11, 2003, 11:38 PM
I have a strange idea. You said your stats didn't change, but you can use more mats. If that's the case, than maybe (just MAYBE) after getting S-Rank you can use more mats. Maybe it's based on your time. I doubt it, but it might do it.

Tigereye
Feb 11, 2003, 11:55 PM
Now it'd be funny if you were able to use extra mats every time you completed C9; assumming that there wasn't any stat loss. I'd do it over and over and over and over again to max all of my stats.

GandorDurin
Feb 12, 2003, 12:16 AM
I'm afraid it's just a bug.

Got S-Rank at 5:40, and still unable to use any materials.

(Which is good, I'm not interested in maxing my characters, blech how boring.)

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 12, 2003, 12:24 AM
I hope the bug hits my second HUnewearl's defense stat X3. I ditched her at level 144 for using just one by accident =>_<=
Is that legit, nyan, exploiting a bug? ;3

Cross689
Feb 12, 2003, 02:21 AM
couple of questions
1. can you finish cmode offline?
2. when you get s-rank do you get the a/b rank items also?
3. if not if you get b-rank can you increase it?
4. do all the s-ranks suck now or just the new ones?
sorry bout all the questions never beat c4 in v2 and cant go online....

CajunSamurai
Feb 12, 2003, 04:15 AM
On 2003-02-11 23:21, Cross689 wrote:
couple of questions
1. can you finish cmode offline?
2. when you get s-rank do you get the a/b rank items also?
3. if not if you get b-rank can you increase it?
4. do all the s-ranks suck now or just the new ones?
sorry bout all the questions never beat c4 in v2 and cant go online....

1. Offline should be perfectly safe, unless Sonic Team managed to somehow screw that up at the same time. o_O

2. In V2, all you had to do was replay an existing challenge after getting S-rank in order to receive the A and B rank prizes, respectively. Just complete C1 twice to get the prizes. Course, it may be different this time around...

3. Doesn't matter, you can use the method above. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

4. I've been looking at stats, and it seems like all of them are pretty weak for their VERY high stat requirements, and the fact that they have very low ATA and no specials. I think it's a safe bet that the Episode 2 s-ranks will be better, which I assume will include those new s-ranks such as Card, etc... but that's just speculation.

Sunaj
Feb 12, 2003, 04:23 AM
Sranks suck compared to Godly version 2 uh, versions. They're....eh, decent now, but no one is gonna be in a rush to dupe them.

Deus-Irae
Feb 12, 2003, 04:28 AM
besides the glitches, which suck, the sranks themselves with no special and low stats ROTS!

maybe the price we pay for Cmode being easier in EP1&2?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

bad bad BAD!

note to cajun: dont bring Ghaleon to cmode!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
(untill bugs are fixed anyways...)

CajunSamurai
Feb 12, 2003, 04:32 AM
Oh hell no, I've been using Chloe who luckily has no spells to corrupt. It'd have been a disaster using either Ghaleon or T'raenon, as they both have Lv30 spells. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif
Glitchy is an understatement for these servers right now... Good time for taking a break, I suppose.

Deus-Irae
Feb 12, 2003, 04:43 AM
RAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! >:(

Wang_Tang
Feb 12, 2003, 10:08 AM
As far as I know, S-Ranks are only "crappy" when there is nobody else standing around you with an S-Rank equipped. According to Crawurm in a conversation on irc chat, "S-Ranks are only powerful when they are used around other people with S-Ranks."

Think about it, the code of C-mode is to work together, it makes sense that people using S-Ranks should be pretty much forced to "work together".

So, assuming this is true, perhaps the S-Rank's sword gets knocked back up to around 1000 atp once it's boosted by someone else's s-rank.

Wang_Tang
Feb 12, 2003, 10:12 AM
Side Note:

The S-ranks are counted as cheat items right? Wouldn't it be cool if this was because ST still needed to update the server so that S-Ranks are strong when you receive them? By this I mean that, perhaps they used the same method they used with Jack-O-Lanterns and Christmas Presents. They made it so that they ONLY have mag cells in them when a rappy drops them. For example, if you hacked a lantern or present, using it would do nothing.

Perhaps they made it so if you hack an s-rank its got useless stats, and when you get one from c-mode it's got l337 stats.

Prolly not true, but it would be cool.

Sashi
Feb 16, 2003, 03:59 PM
*bump*

Here is more bad news: http://www.ahking.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1714

Cloak
Feb 16, 2003, 05:27 PM
Wtf, when I read it earlier I didn't notice it happened in C9. And that his character changed to a C9 character. @_@;

Guess I won't be improving my C9 time on Cloak anytime soon. ;o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloak on 2003-02-16 14:29 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Feb 16, 2003, 06:45 PM
though i know ah king and trust his validity, i cannot vouch for the validity of the bug since none of my japanese contacts of affiliates have come accross this nor the players on the sonic team bbs. they have reported that however, someone has come across something similar due to a fault gamecube.

Elusive_Llama
Feb 16, 2003, 06:53 PM
Yeah, it's just like being hit by a lightning bolt on a clear day while you're being mauled by a grizzly bear and a bengal tiger at the same time. It COULD happen, but very unlikely.

LollipopLolita
Feb 16, 2003, 07:12 PM
right according to all my contacts and the jp bbs, this has been known to happen during any cmode levels, when something goes wrong with a faulty gc and freezes and then that bug happens. but it's very random, and only with faulty gamecubes.