PDA

View Full Version : Wasted Materials

arch android
Feb 26, 2009, 08:43 AM
For increasing your characters stats using materials, I suggest not using 45 of the materials on Luck to bring it to 100. Because Luck increases your chance of critical hits.. instead use only 30 - 40 Luck materials (Bringing your Luck to 70 - 90) then equip angel/luck or God/Luck to make it 100! ... even some weapons can increase your luck. My point is save the extra 5 - 15 materials that you would have used to max your Luck, instead now you can use them on Power or Defense!

TrueChaos
Feb 26, 2009, 09:58 AM
i agree with you. in BB im planning on getting my luck to about 30 then using a heavenly or centurion/ability, which, amongst every other stat will boost LCK by 25 and 30, respectively. the rest of the materials will go on getting more power, some def/evade and a bit of mind. luck isn't that important to me, yes it makes the chance of a critical higher but i'd rather have un-critical damage as that's what will happen most often. with a luck of around 60 it will be enough to do get often critical but still leave materials to up my ATP to do major oober damage. plus, with the higher ATP, any criticals that happen will do higher damage still.

Genoa
Mar 12, 2009, 04:49 AM
Sorry, but I'll have to disagree.
Defense is the one stat with the least amount of value.
Evasion is good, but if you don't already naturally have high EVP, don't raise it, trying to make a low stat mediocre just doesn't work. You won't block enough to make up for the material usage.
Cent/abilities are nice when you're low, but eventually you won't need a small boost in ALL stats. So having that 100 Luck through materials covers you from needing to put a unit their. Seriously, if I didn't have to wear any type of stat boosting units, I would LOVE to wear 4 awesome units.
Units like V101, V502, V801, Cure/whateveroccursmostinthismission, Adept(s), Smartlink.
Currently my HUcaseal needs 22 more Luck materials to max. My ideal units for her would be...:
Smartlink
V502
Cure unit
V101 (Cure unit here as well if I get Blue odoshi violet)

That would be way more useful than say, +60 ATP, or +30 DFP, or +60 EVP... just because I spent the other 30 materials on Luck to save myself a whole Slot on my armor. 1 slot is a quarter of your entire unit potential! It matters D;

psofan219
Mar 12, 2009, 09:30 PM
Well, even though I think threads like this shouldn't be made because the game is a matter of taste... I plan on maxing my LCK with materials, so as stated above, I can use the extra slot for something more precious. My MAG will cover my ATA, so there's another slot. After LCK materials, I plan on raising MIND, freeing up yet another slot (I'd probably only need one God/Mind to push MIND to the max, if it doesn't get there first through materials). If that happens, then I'll probably spend the rest on either ATP or DFP. The change will be small, but in combination with the units boosting that particular stat, I could probably either push it to the max, or get close to doing so. Four stats at max there, think about it.