PDA

View Full Version : Combat Support Machines

Dagger_32
Mar 1, 2009, 10:13 PM
I was playing the PSP demo when I came across an item called a Duke, it was a little robot...thing... that randomly shot freeze shots. Then later I came across a Mark III, I have no idea what it did, as I never noticed it doing anything...ever.

I was starting to think these little Support Machines would be completely usless, then I found a Koltova Madog (B Rank)! It is AWESOME! I am a Beast Hunter and yet I can use magic!? NICE!!! It has a ton of TP as well! I know my magic will not be nearly as powerful as a newmans or even a humans, but the fact that I can cast it is GREAT! I can't wait to be able to cast a bunch of buffs/debuffs and being able to heal is going to be a ton of help when I am playing solo. I am already having fun with the ice spell: Freeze, Attack like crazy, repeat. :D

I used to play PSU religiously, however I stopped playing just after March 2007. (I moved, got new job, had no time, etc.) I never really got any of the new weapons from the updates nor did I play Ambition of Illuminus. When were these Combat Support Machines introduced? Are they new to PSP? I assume as a beast hunter I will not be able to raise my magic skills above level 11, is this correct? The Support Machines that just kinda shoot randomly...am I missing something or is that all they do?

Stixxx
Mar 2, 2009, 08:58 AM
Just wait till you get resta :P

Zeek123
Mar 2, 2009, 03:29 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much all the Shadoogs can do. They're not really useless though. I like using the freeze one when I'm using a whip. It has long attack animations and the Shadoog can hit and freeze enemies for a little extra damage. It's pretty much a filler for the extra hand when you don't want to use anything else. And as far as tech leveling goes; I don't know about the full version, but as a Hunter you can only level your techs up to ten. Same goes for bullets. But skills cap at eleven. Kind of weird that Sega didn't give you them up to twenty, but it doesn't really matter. Hope you have fun with the demo ^^

Akaimizu
Mar 3, 2009, 10:23 AM
They can be pretty good. A good A-rank Shadoog with fire can lay a nice bit of extra fire-power, particularly if your TP is high. They don't cost you any resources to have them fire as well. The reason I like As is that they fire in bursts of 3 and have a very high rate of triggering the Status Effect. They can have you burning quite a few big creature encounters in no time, all the while you're attacking or healing with your Wand/single-handed weapon, etc.

It's the simultaneous execution that is the main aspect of how well they work and another method to have you acting like 2 people fighting instead of one.

Only actual techers (and perhaps Protranser) can get techs above 10. However, most advanced classes can actually use techs up to level 10. Now take into consideration that for PSP, support techs do not aid other people until level 11. So the idea of you being able to cast a tech limited to 10 means it can only work on yourself, and only at that limited tech level.

Basically, it leaves the true group support function just with support classes and forces.

Tycho
Mar 3, 2009, 11:21 AM
Try high-percent Tenora ones. Awesome damage at zero effort. :>

panzer_unit
Mar 3, 2009, 11:23 AM
Protransers have lv20 attack techs, lv10 support. They're the tech-nuking staff-wielding Wartechers that the online game should have had from day one. In addition to being Protransers. I love PSP.

Arika
Mar 3, 2009, 11:46 AM
High% tenora one is just broken, as I said before here
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2253631&postcount=8

It has 4 bullet that each one can do more damage than newman using lv 11 diga.

(this is just B rank one)

Akaimizu
Mar 3, 2009, 12:02 PM
Yeah. I wasn't mentioning the Tenora one. It's a bit.....erm.....powerful. That's all I can say.

For me, I think the traditional A-rank Shadoog was good enough. I know a lot of people don't count on them, but when I see it in action and take heed to everything that's happening at once; a Shadoog/attack wand, Shadoog/one-handed blade became a combo I actually love. Not the be-end all of combos, but a good one to have taking one of your pallete slots. If the combo gets much better than that, then the combo is a little off-balance. A Shadoog combo should be a nice choice for your pallete, not become your entire pallete.

Zarode
Mar 3, 2009, 12:38 PM
The A Rank Tenora one is the best. :wacko:

Arika
Mar 3, 2009, 10:43 PM
best enough to say it is broken
and I think ST must not get this into main online game until they fix the shoot rate to turn slower first.