PDA

View Full Version : PSP needs a good slang name

OMitra
Mar 2, 2009, 07:51 PM
ok an example of what im talking about Monster hunter freedom 2: (Mhf2) when I type in psp psp google goes nuckin futs. I was thinking of using Psup since its almost a remake of phantasy star univers, just call it phantasy star univers portable. It's easy and it won't confuse search engines. I'm proposing for now on insted of using (psp)-phantasy star portable we use (psup)-phantasy star univers portable. If you like this idea just use psup instead of psp

Arika
Mar 2, 2009, 09:33 PM
PSp would be easiest.

Triple_S
Mar 2, 2009, 10:03 PM
I've been using PSU:P for a while now.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 2, 2009, 10:05 PM
Unless they actually change the title to "Phantasy Star Universe Portable," no thanks.

Zarode
Mar 2, 2009, 10:22 PM
PhSP is my acronym for it.

Angry_Ryudo
Mar 3, 2009, 04:56 AM
PSPo is my suggestion.

Tycho
Mar 3, 2009, 11:10 AM
PSPo is my suggestion.
That one isn't bad, since it was already used by the Japanese as well...
From a more realistic point of view, most of the time we'd probably end up googling for the full title anyway, since it's pretty hard to create a standard to be used all over the web. Ah well, PSPo/PhSP both seem fine.

panzer_unit
Mar 3, 2009, 11:20 AM
I see a lot of PS:P on boards too

Stixxx
Mar 3, 2009, 01:38 PM
Heck I say PSP

I play PSP on my PSP.. no confusion whatsoever

Have you gotten PSP for the PSP?.. again were golden

Do you have a PSP?

Do you own PSP?

see not so hard taken in context

I bought my PSP to play PSP and somehow my PSP iso bricked my PSP.

For some reason PS:P looks like PS :P

Dymalos
Mar 3, 2009, 06:35 PM
I also use PhSP

Stixxx
Mar 3, 2009, 07:04 PM
well wasnt Blue Burst BB ??

we could go for PP

or PhStPo..

but ya usually PS:P

Dragwind
Mar 4, 2009, 12:00 AM
I tend to use PS:P when typing it. If I'm actually talking about it, I just say the whole name.

SammaeltheDark
Mar 4, 2009, 01:15 PM
PSU Lite

Stixxx
Mar 4, 2009, 01:37 PM
PSPver

beatrixkiddo
Mar 4, 2009, 02:26 PM
PSU Lite

That's a good nickname for the original game, but you need to come up with one for the PSP version now...

ThePainMaker
Mar 4, 2009, 02:33 PM
PSp would be easiest.

Hell yeah

Atlis
Mar 4, 2009, 05:02 PM
PSp or even just Portable.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 4, 2009, 08:26 PM
I'm with Tychbro.

But yeah, not PSUP, because that's this here.
(http://psupedia.info/)

Dustin27
Mar 4, 2009, 09:40 PM
I always use PS:P.

SammaeltheDark
Mar 6, 2009, 11:54 AM
According to scans found here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2263336&postcount=1) it is abbreviated PSPo

KamiKazeKenji
Mar 7, 2009, 07:41 AM
Phantasy Star Portable. (Copy/Paste FTW!!!)

On a serious note, I've always been using PSUP buuut... Now that I read this thread PSPo sounds better.

OMitra
Mar 7, 2009, 01:28 PM
well some times i get online with my psp thats why im saying use psup but I like PS:P it's good

Swiftstrike
Mar 7, 2009, 03:40 PM
It depends which version your playing, the suggested names are great if you play the Japanese version. However, the following would be great for the english version:

Half-assed
Dumbed Down
Hand-me-down
Incomplete

ect ....

OMitra
Mar 7, 2009, 03:52 PM
It depends which version your playing, the suggested names are great if you play the Japanese version. However, the following would be great for the english version:

Half-assed
Dumbed Down
Hand-me-down
Incomplete

ect ....

it's the usual shit man you just gotta get used to it. A good example of american redneck engenearing tear apart an xbox controler made in the U.S its held together by tap and stapples, whial the controler that came with the xbox is made to last longer than a week hell you can't even take it apart without smashing it with a hammer. I'm not bashing Americans im just saying we like to get as much money as soon as possible in the easist possible way. When it comes down to fighting though we turn our enamies into shoeboxes. Thats buisness bitches get used to it, we may not get the best but we are the best.

Zarode
Mar 7, 2009, 05:01 PM
Blame companies and profiteering, not a country. I don't blame China for all my cheap toys that broke so easily when I was a child.

Also, I bet SoA thought that PSP would do poorly, thus they didn't market it and it doesn't have all the key features.

Swiftstrike
Mar 7, 2009, 05:44 PM
Also, I bet SoA thought that PSP would do poorly, thus they didn't market it and it doesn't have all the key features.

That may be true, but its backwards thinking.

"I will make a game in Japan."

"I will then make that game in the USA. However, it may not do well, so lets rip out most of the main features that makes the game interesting."

End result: USA thinking: "WTF?!? No DLC? No [insert here]?!"

Anyone else would say:

"I will then make that game in the USA. However, I will add content to make it more interersting."

End result: USA thinking: "Hey, cool game. I think I will get any more games this conpany imports."

Zarode
Mar 7, 2009, 10:48 PM
That may be true, but its backwards thinking.

"I will then translate that game for the USA. However, we know it will not do so well, so lets rip out most of the main features that makes the game interesting that will cost us too much money to maintain, without enough profit in the end."

Not backwards at all.