PDA

View Full Version : my hucast and how to work on him

Lord_Data
Feb 12, 2003, 01:28 AM
ok i finaly..yay finally...got the broadband adapter hehe...none the less i started a hucast(robot hunter guy...just incase thats not what he is)now i am at lvl 12...i still only do like 8-45 dmg depending on what monsters and if i use the power attack and what not...how do i fix this? i am lvling up my mag by just feeding him the green type items(is there a better way?)i just can't do very much dmg and bosses eat me alive...plus i don't think i carry enough healing things...but my inventory is full...pleae help me if you can...i am a bit lost and trying to get my footing:/

thanks in advance

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 12, 2003, 01:46 AM
Online leveling seems harder to do than offline leveling :3
I make up for my anti-nerd-social behavior by leveling up online in challenge mode. Be like snapple!

Maelkith
Feb 12, 2003, 03:09 AM
hucasts may seem simple at first but they are a bit more difficult to handle than most would care to admit. the biggest advantage they have is raw power. they can potentially hit very hard. however leveling them and soloing offline is not an easy task.

the hucast lacks support spells and have sub-par evasion and accuracy. early on it is best to build defence and attack accuracy on your mag. power can be laid on later in abundance.

you can carry 10 of each type of healing item. you will most likely only have monomates available to you with the occasional dimate. you will be immune to most status effects so you will not need to carry those items unless they are to be mag food. fluids are of no use to you so you can just sell them and dont bother to pick them up (accept trifluids can be sold for a fair amount of meseta). any weapons with a red X cannot ever be equiped so you should sell those. any weapons that you grow out of at your level are essentially useless so you can sell those.

you should be able to get to caves level 3 and obtain a brand to upgrade your saber. swords will also be available to you depending on your section id. unless your lower level frames have 4 open slots you should sell those. keep your frames and barriers as current as possible to lower the damage taken when hit. upgrade your units that are equipped to your frame as you find better.

those are basics for any character but hucasts have a few unique qualities. hucasts seem to have a higher number of status inducing traps. you can use traps to cause confusion and freeze. freeze gets you free hits and confusion make the monsters attack each other. these traps will be your best friends every time you enter a more difficult area. try to use traps as much as possible to defend yourself. when you run out of traps you can run to the nurses station and replenish them for 10 meseta.

hucasts build hitpoints at an almost obscene rate. you have those extra hitpoints so that you can eventually take a role as a frontline killing machine. you will learn to storm rooms and set traps so that your team mates can stay safe. hucasts also have full time trap vision that is useful to disarm traps. you should cary a handgun for when you are low on hitpoints and also to disarm traps.

hucasts also have a decent hitpoint regeneration. anytime you are standing still you will regenerate. you may try to conserve your monomates and dimates by just waiting in doorways untill you are at full hitpoints.

the most important thing to remember when using a hucast is safety first. unless a force is shadowing you online, and constantly using resta on you, you will have trouble with just attacking mindlessly. set your traps and run away until they go off, then get a combo in and repeat. a brave hucast online has to be a coward offline. as you level up you will gain enough hitpoints to go toe-to-toe with anything, but for right now you should try to avoid trouble.

eventually you will have a nightmare of destruction on your hands. getting there is difficult but rewarding.

i myself have a level 146 hucast. with the support of a force ultimate ruins is a breeze. one hucast with a force support can clear rooms almost as fast as a force and 2 humars. your traps and strength will become invaluable to team play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maelkith on 2003-02-12 00:15 ]</font>

Lord_Data
Feb 12, 2003, 03:34 AM
thank you...that was quite informative...ok so what should i be feeding my mag then??? i just feed him anything and everything i find cept for healing stuff i can use...and what does this do? it seems that i am not gaining anything from my mag...and where is this photon blast thing it supposedly has? i have been reading around on guides and stuff but can't seem to figure this stuff out...oh and you said use a sabre???holy crap i have just been using a gun cause i am afraid to get hit lol...hmmm if anyone has like a guide i should read before playing more i will gladly do that so you guys don't have to answer my questions i am sure you have heard thousands of times

like i said thank you very much the information is going to good use...i soon will know what i am doing lol...thanks again

Maelkith
Feb 12, 2003, 04:00 AM
if you are feeding your mag anything you will put on mind levels. try to avoid that if you can. mind levels increase a stat that stays at 0 for androids. you will have a mag, then it should evolve into a varuna. i would feed the varuna antidotes until it evolves at level 35. if your dex is highest at level 35 it will become a maruta. maruta gives the most powerful photon blast, pilla. antidotes are cheap mag food. for every 2 levels of dex, you will get 1 ata. ata is attack accuracy. hucasts lack ata and tend to miss alot. you will have to balance your hucast with your mag levels to make him more effective. when feeding your mag try to level 1 stat at a time. you keep complete levels but you can decrease partial levels by feeding it the wrong thing. when you want to work on power, just feed it the same item that raises power. same with dex.

a good rule of thumb when you are feeding your mag is to make sure your mag level is always twice your character level. if you are level 13, your mag should be 26 or more. when you reach 100, you should have a level 200 mag for sure. your first mag may be a botch job, but dont worry. mags can be found in item boxes when you get to the mines. you can make multiple mags for different purposes. you will get the hang of mag raising as you get levels on it. this site has very good guides on raising mags. once you know what you are looking for they will seem less cryptic.

the current mag i am using on my hucast has the following stats and seems to work well.

def:30
pow:110
dex:60
mind:0

Ozric
Feb 12, 2003, 12:26 PM
One more good tactic for a HUcast (I'm a HUast noob, veteran HUmar) is the traps. I find that if you hit them with a freeze trap and while they are frozen hit them with a confuse trap they come out of the deep freeze fighting each other. This way you can take shots with a handgun, or a partisan/sword type weapon, and cause more damage. This will keep you from having to run in circles to avoid enemies.

Just a little trick I picked up playing offline. Good luck.

Buuyon
Feb 12, 2003, 12:34 PM
See what you do with a HUcast is leave it alone...make a HUmar and lvl him. Then get those wepons you find in mines and higher to him...then use your HUcast. And i think lvling is much easyer online...what i do is use a multi hit spell and run for the boxes and most the time I do 0 but thats ok because on ult i still get 230 exp.

Elusive_Llama
Feb 12, 2003, 12:49 PM
One of the surest ways to get your Hucast killed is to piss off your resident Force, Hunny or Ramarl. Had a Hucast in my team once upon a time, and boy was he being a dickhead about how much ATP he had, how much damage he was doing, and why weren't the rest of us as 1337 as he was. So when he got surrounded by a horde of Vulmers and GoVulmers, guess who didn't get a resta? ;>

Conversely, if my team mates and I get along and they're in need of tech support, I'm usually take on the role of combat healer with my Hunny or Ramarl (it helps that my Ramarl has a Geist Laser). This holds especially true if my team mates are androids.

Moral of the story:
Androids have limited healing capability compared to tech-using classes. Keep that in mind when you do Ultimate online.

Durandal37
Feb 12, 2003, 12:51 PM
On 2003-02-12 09:34, Buuyon wrote:
See what you do with a HUcast is leave it alone...make a HUmar and lvl him. Then get those wepons you find in mines and higher to him...then use your HUcast. And i think lvling is much easyer online...what i do is use a multi hit spell and run for the boxes and most the time I do 0 but thats ok because on ult i still get 230 exp.

Erm... well, I'm sure that your teammates greatly appreciate you doing zero damage and then grabbing all the items for yourself. You're a great example of the kind of person people hate to have on their team.

Anyways, DO NOT feed your mag anything and everything you find. Different types of items raise different states. Generally, 'mates (items that heal your HP) raise power, 'fluids (items that restore TP) raise mind, and antidotes/sol atomizers raise dexterity. Defense is the hardest stat to raise, but I usually don't worry about it. It gets raised once in a while without you even trying anyways. Obviously, DO NOT feed your mag any fluids. Andriods have no technique using ability, so leveling up mind on your mag is a waste. Focus on dexterity for now (feed it mostly antidotes). Then you can switch to power when you're hitting pretty consistently. Different mags get their stats raised differently though... so the rule of mates for power and fluids for mind and so on don't always work. But most of the time it does. Just experiment with your mag until you find what raises the stat you want. It's okay if you screw your mag up a little... you can always raise another one later.

And experiment with using traps. They're a lot more useful than most people think.

Buuyon
Feb 12, 2003, 01:23 PM
Erm... well, I'm sure that your teammates greatly appreciate you doing zero damage and then grabbing all the items for yourself. You're a great example of the kind of person people hate to have on their team.
If i dont need like money or a tech I have better I say any one need it and then i go back and kill those damn things but I do atleast 0 because i play with people lvl 150 so really i wouldnt have a chance to hit them all and also they wouldnt really need me...

Durandal37
Feb 12, 2003, 01:31 PM
On 2003-02-12 10:23, Buuyon wrote:

If i dont need like money or a tech I have better I say any one need it and then i go back and kill those damn things but I do atleast 0 because i play with people lvl 150 so really i wouldnt have a chance to hit them all and also they wouldnt really need me...

Well, I guess I should say, it's okay if your teammates are helping you out. But going into random games and doing that is very bastardly. But if you can't handle ultimate... then maybe you should try playing very hard till you can. Just a thought.

Lord_Data
Feb 12, 2003, 02:13 PM
wow thanks for all the help on the mag this is very enlightening...more so than the guides were since i am still a bit clueless hehe...ok so i found a new mag should i start on him and do the dex thing or keep my other one who is lvl 19 i think...and yeah i was in a game where a lvl 3 or 4 had a lvl 200 mag...how in gids name does that work??? i mean good gid that seems so far away lol...anyways i will await an answer on whether to start the new mag i have or use the old one still since i think that may help my character out a lot heh...thanks again this advice and info is helping me greatly

fyrewyre
Feb 12, 2003, 03:33 PM
when or if you ever get to ult, our resident genious maelkith mentioned how bots can absorb higher amounts of exp using a king class weapon (king diska etc) i went from a lvl 84 last night and im 100 as of now so theres something to considr while plating (not sure if this works on other modes)

Elusive_Llama
Feb 12, 2003, 03:35 PM
How do chars get a level 200 mag when they're only level 1? Easy...they're twinks. Build up a level 200 mag on your high level, give it to your level 1. Very very useful.

I did that to my Ramarl...she went into that first room in the Heat Sword quest, twinked up with a 200 Diwari. Killed the first 3 waves of boomas with one or two shots from her Final Impact, then used a Pilla on the last wave. She cleared the room in less than 30 seconds at level 1 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Chocobo
Feb 12, 2003, 03:56 PM
I also have a question. This whole Photon Blast concept confuses me. I'm a lvl23 RAmar, with a Lvl55 Kama. And I've only used Photon in some random moments, mainly facing a boss, then I normally miss. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Maelkith
Feb 12, 2003, 07:48 PM
i am not a genius but thanks Fyre. i am just trying to share useful info.

photon blasts can be tricky, but once they are second nature you can do really cool tricks. having a kama means you most likely have estlla and golla. those two photon blasts are a bit harder to target than pilla. with those blasts you need to save your blast for when you get an enemy in you sights. golla seems to either one hit kill, or completely miss. i would rarely use golla against bosses. estlla is very useful against the worm type enemies. if you can line up estlla you can do serious damage. once you are really good at timing a blast you can combo with other players. i would say the best 2 or more person combo starts with mylla and youlla, then pilla. the parties involved in the combo get an insanely high level shifta and deband. it is most certainly higher than level 30.

a botched level 19 mag is hardly botched at all. there are still 181 more levels to go. experiment with your level 19 mag and save the baby mag for when you get a handle on mag raising. raising mags is not as hard as it may seem. i have raised 5 level 200 mags and an unknown amount of 100's so far for my characters and partners. pre raising mags for new characters gives them a real advantage. your first character probably wont benefit, but if there are any new characters you are thinking about creating, you could make them a mag ahead of time.

Lord_Data
Feb 12, 2003, 08:00 PM
ok how does one use a photon blast???

sorry heh i just accidentally did it lol and have no idea how...lol

and yeah i am just gonna pump my mags dex for a while now and hope that does some good...by the way i hit most of the time i think i probably hit over 80% of the time with my hucast so its not that big of a deal on his ata...at least from what i have seen...

anyways thanks again and i am hoping my character gets stronger heh snice i am kind of a baby lol

Maelkith
Feb 12, 2003, 08:20 PM
when your photon meter reaches 100, press the right trigger button and some rainbow colored icons replace what you would normally have set to those buttons. example: right trigger+A will create the farlla photon blast when you have a full PB meter. as your mag evolves it cam learn new photon blasts. you can attain a maximum of 3 different blasts. you can use 1 blast per full meter.