PDA

View Full Version : help with protranser

Gibdozer
Mar 3, 2009, 09:17 PM
Diversity is the spice of life, so im trying out Protranser class. I've been on a while but have only used melee weapons, so any advice on what cannon, shotgun,and grenade photon arts are the most useful would be helpful.

sovalou
Mar 3, 2009, 10:04 PM
personally i suggest stay away from chamga because the pp cost and dmg is way to low and not worth the time and PA fragments. Just pick a single element bullet(mainly your favorite) and the opposing element for each gun in mind. This way you would be focusing on a small variety of elemental shots without it getting overwhelming. Use this similar technique for all the guns.

DEM_CIG
Mar 3, 2009, 10:21 PM
Use the bow it's the only weapon you will ever need!!! JK, the elemental shots 4 the bow and the shotgun are the best. Any laser cannon and germade launcher bullet is fine.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 4, 2009, 01:25 AM
Shotgun bullets are fairly easy to level, but I recommend you leveling up the fire, earth, or dark elements first, since they do slightly more damage, and have useful SEs. Barada Maga may also be worth a look, as EVP/ACC-down can be a nice setup for the fighters in your party.

Lasers are great all around. Grab two opposite elements that deal SEs you like.

Grenades? All I can think to say is stay away from Boma Maga. If you're a PT, the EX freeze traps are far more useful than Maga.

However, this is only my suggestion.

Zeek123
Mar 4, 2009, 01:57 AM
As it's been stated many times, most PA frag bullets are sadly pointless. I'd strongly recommend at least using lasers. They level slowly yes, and the carnival is almost over so, bye bye Poltys, but they are so invaluable. I would have also suggested Grenades to cover bosses, but if you're in favor of melee, I suppose you'd stick with Jabroga. PT does have the good fortune of being diverse, so branch out and have fun with one of the best classes in PSU.

Gen2000
Mar 4, 2009, 02:17 AM
Shotgun
- All elements

Laser
- All elements

Grenade
- Duranga

(Optional I guess) Bow
- All elements

If you're trying shortcut it, you'll just end up being weaker. Grenade the only gun bullet you don't need all elements on since you only need to use it for dragon-type bosses anyways and Duranga damage is more than enough. None of those Gun PAs really take long. Laser used to be the most painful thing to level but it's not so bad nowadays if you focus on one at a time.

The reason I said Bow is optional is ever since they boosted Laser's damage, you could actually sub Bow's first-person damage with Laser's first-person damage nowadays since that's the only time you really need to use a Bow. Bow PAs level up so fast (the fastest except maybe Cards) that it doesn't hurt to level them too if you wish (i.e. you find certain Bow Sranks sexy or something).

darkante
Mar 4, 2009, 06:02 AM
Glad to see more PT user.

I would advice from not using bow as i personally gave it a try for a level of 25 and i think itīs pretty slow compared to just drag out a Handgun and actually be mobile.
Just use the Laser Cannon for distance shot, itīs about the same speed as the Bow.

Rifle is easiely 10 times better then Bow IMO, itīs just a shame the PT canīt use one. =/

panzer_unit
Mar 10, 2009, 03:33 PM
Bow - Chousei-sou ... the long range makes it great for tacking some extra damage on flying bosses, picking off those rare insanely long-range targets, etc. Bows aren't good for damage rate compared to any other PT gun, they do have range and dfp-piercing for bosses. This skill makes the most of their strengths.

Grenade - Duranga ... best grenade for damage, just get ready to eat trimate. You may want to invest in a low-ATP kubara grenade just in case all the extra levels since I last played make you strong enough to one-shot yourself.

Shotgun - Maga (all elements in your spare time) ... Barada Maga is HYPER ACCURATE and additionally debuffs enemy evasion and accuracy. Shotguns aren't terribly elemental either, this is the one place you can kind of take a shortcut and come out almost even.

Laser - all elements ... it's your highest-spec ranged weapon and skills start at 35% element, you can't afford to go cheap here.

Handgun - all elements (optional) ... PT's best first-person view weapon. Outdamages a bow and easier to hit moving targets with than a laser. Sometimes handgun and saber is a useful way to go.

Gibdozer
Mar 14, 2009, 05:13 PM
thx eveyone for the advice, and yeah Zero Ava is one of my characters.