PDA

View Full Version : Fyi on Friday's event

ShuttleXpC
Mar 4, 2009, 08:34 PM
Hey everyone,

This is just a heads up that we’re changing the event for Friday a little bit--both the way the prizes are being distributed, as well as the available prizes.

First, we are unable to offer the Pumpkin Trick and Holy Ray/ D. I want to apologize for this, and particularly for listing these on the original event page and now swapping them out. This was partly our fault for putting up event information before we had confirmed everything 100% -- we originally tried to include these items for this event since we were aware they had never been distributed to our servers, but after reviewing this with Sonic Team we’ve determined they still aren’t available for our servers & can’t provide them for the population yet.

We would very much like to find a way to provide them to you at a future time.

The good news is that we’re happy to offer two items for Friday’s event that have not yet been made available to our servers:

-Real Hand Gun+
-Moatoob Collectible (room item)

The additional good news is, based on player feedback, we will offer the Moatoob Collectible to anyone who logs in this Friday and says the phrase, “Phantasy Star Portable Day!” (without the quotes). You only need to say the phrase ONCE – no spamming! – and you will receive the Moatoob Collectible in your common box.

The Real Hand Gun+ will be made available to anyone who says the special phrase upon the completion of each event. Keep in mind that once the event completes, we will broadcast the phrase to the servers where the event is taking place. Anyone who's involved will be able to say the phrase -- you don't need to be standing right next to Vivienne or Helga, and you only need to be online during one successful event completion.

Lastly: We're adding two more time slots, in the evening, to make sure more people have a chance to participate. All times are PST:

6:15 - 7:00 PM (PC/PS2)
7:00 - 7:45 PM (XBox 360)

Thanks, and hope to see you all there!

FAILFAILFAILFAILFAILFAILFAIL

Yunfa
Mar 4, 2009, 08:39 PM
LOL o well, the Moatoob collectible is pretty cool though

Phoenix_Black
Mar 4, 2009, 08:42 PM
Bowned.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 4, 2009, 08:44 PM
Awesome.

BIGGIEstyle
Mar 4, 2009, 08:47 PM
*Flips Desk* THIS IS SOME BULL****!

Kay... I didn't really care that much, but the post deserved it's first freak out.

autumn
Mar 4, 2009, 08:50 PM
Not that I care so much but its been months since Halloween how is the pumpkin trick not available for our servers yet? I mean really >_>

Zabrio
Mar 4, 2009, 08:55 PM
eh oh well guess we get finger guns :P

Vickie
Mar 4, 2009, 09:00 PM
good i like the real Handgun Better than some Crap A rank holy ray that cant be used with gunmaster speed

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 4, 2009, 09:02 PM
eh oh well guess we get finger guns :P
moar liek "oh well guess we get the finger again" mirit oloololololololol

mvffin
Mar 4, 2009, 09:56 PM
ok, so...

Real Hand Gun = 4*
Real Hand Gun G = 8*
Real Hand Gun G+ = 13*

So where does Real Hand Gun+ fit in? Logically I would say 9*, but I don't see stats listed for it anywhere. Either way, If its close in stats to a Varista or Maganac I'll use it.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 4, 2009, 10:01 PM
Yep.
http://psupedia.info/Real_Hand_Gun%EF%BC%8B

beatrixkiddo
Mar 4, 2009, 10:27 PM
Planned to check the JP servers for the stats, but there's not a single one in shops, and the materials cost too much for me to afford to get one.

Noblewine
Mar 5, 2009, 01:35 AM
Aww I wanted to add those to my colection. Oh well the other weapons will do.

mvffin
Mar 5, 2009, 01:45 AM
Planned to check the JP servers for the stats, but there's not a single one in shops, and the materials cost too much for me to afford to get one.

is it because of the vol brothers bromide? If they're that rare, I guess my dreams of getting a Bico+ are crushed.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 5, 2009, 01:46 AM
*sigh* I can't believe that they actually got us prizes worse than that crap from before. :disapprove:

beatrixkiddo
Mar 5, 2009, 03:21 AM
is it because of the vol brothers bromide? If they're that rare, I guess my dreams of getting a Bico+ are crushed.

Yeah. I found a Stique Handgun for 240,000, but the Vol Bros. Bromide are 3.9mil+ each. Not a WHOLE lot, but I only have ~15mil on the JP servers, and I'm not going to blow it all to check stats :P

_Vyser_
Mar 5, 2009, 04:21 AM
Meh, I would've like to have Holy Ray/D (even though it's a bit weaker than my current rifles), but I guess the hand gun will do. It'll go well with my beast, Captain Flavor, quite nicely >:O

RubyEclipse
Mar 5, 2009, 04:31 AM
It's definitely worth noting that the Real Hand Gun + is actually pretty rare, and will be expensive to get (Check Beatrix' posts above for prices on the JP server) via the exchange mission.

Also worth pointing out: The Holy Ray from the Carnival is still going to be awarded in the future, and more details will be posted about it as that time draws nearer. Obviously, the Pumpkin Trick will also be all over the marketplace come next Halloween, if not sooner.

The changes on the whole are actually pretty positive. Bottom line comparisons:

Old Plan:
- 2 Exclusive items awarded
- Prizes only go to players on during specific times of the day

New Plan:
- 2 New Exclusive rare Items awarded
- 2 original rare items to still be given out at a later date
- One prize available to any player who can log in that day (shouting the event text), and an additional prize to those who take part in the Vivienne / Helga chase event.

Honeypot
Mar 5, 2009, 04:41 AM
So it seems the original goal was to give us items we would be getting anyways just a little bit early? To be honest, that seems kind of weak. Even more so in light of the things that has been happening recently. Now the new stuff that will be harder/costly to get is better, even if you will be subjected to constant "COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON".

Lind Lawliet
Mar 5, 2009, 04:53 AM
It's definitely worth noting that the Real Hand Gun + is actually pretty rare, and will be expensive to get (Check Beatrix' posts above for prices on the JP server) via the exchange mission.

Also worth pointing out: The Holy Ray from the Carnival is still going to be awarded in the future, and more details will be posted about it as that time draws nearer. Obviously, the Pumpkin Trick will also be all over the marketplace come next Halloween, if not sooner.

The changes on the whole are actually pretty positive. Bottom line comparisons:

Old Plan:
- 2 Exclusive items awarded
- Prizes only go to players on during specific times of the day

New Plan:
- 2 New Exclusive rare Items awarded
- 2 original rare items to still be given out at a later date
- One prize available to any player who can log in that day (shouting the event text), and an additional prize to those who take part in the Vivienne / Helga chase event.
This is for lazy people like me who rarely sign into PSU anymore.
<3 This idea.
I'm still going to do the chase event anyway though.

Kazemi
Mar 5, 2009, 05:08 AM
more like the devs felt it was a brilliant idea to add the drops during MAG+ to missions that were part of the last GBR on moatoob. being that people just finished spamming the missions for six weeks it was awhile before anyone even found where the item drops. then you look at what its used to make and its not like people are gonna be jumping up and down to hunt for it, especially since its only on the S3 ranks due to be an AOTI item. the twin real handgun+ was made soon after the drop was found so its not like the item's all that rare. its just who would bother going through all of this work for a lousy handgun when there's better and easier to get options.

chances are that when the local servers get the 2nd moatoob GBR the drop will be available and there will be tons of them due to people spamming the missions. so its not like this weapon is gonna stay rare for long or anything.

IHME
Mar 5, 2009, 03:07 PM
Fast question: where exactly and in which world this event is going on when it starts?

I play on Xbox360 servers (fairly newbie....) and if any information is confirmed I'd like to hear about it since it's 5am for me when it starts...

Any information can be sent to my GT as well: Zenier

Neith
Mar 5, 2009, 03:18 PM
So, the question must now be asked...do I:
a) Forget about Real Hand Gun+
b) Endure a GM spamfest (like every other GM event) and get a weapon I'll never use/will hate other people using?

Yeah, I think I'll go with a).

Not that I mind the prizes being changed- Pumpkin Trick didn't interest me and Holy Ray isn't usable by Gunmaster anyway.

Calsetes
Mar 5, 2009, 03:39 PM
Awesome! Except for the fact that of all the days that this could POSSIBLY happen on, thanks to a huge audit happening in a few weeks, the odds of me actually getting off any time before 10:30 on Friday are between "snowball's chance in hell" and "winning the Nobel peace prize with a Doomsday weapon."

Thankfully I don't care that much about the room decoration, but a real hand gun would have been extra nice.... anyone on the PC side feel like being extra generous for an old fart like myself?

Valhaz
Mar 5, 2009, 03:50 PM
No Holy Ray = FAIL...Thanks for getting my hopes up SEGA

Mar 5, 2009, 04:37 PM
Awesome! Except for the fact that of all the days that this could POSSIBLY happen on, thanks to a huge audit happening in a few weeks, the odds of me actually getting off any time before 10:30 on Friday are between "snowball's chance in hell" and "winning the Nobel peace prize with a Doomsday weapon."

Thankfully I don't care that much about the room decoration, but a real hand gun would have been extra nice.... anyone on the PC side feel like being extra generous for an old fart like myself?

I'm, not sure if i'll be able to get on in time, but i don't use handguns, so if i get one, I'll find you and we can call it :tree: in march :D

Tetsaru
Mar 5, 2009, 04:42 PM
Man... I was really looking forward to that Holy Ray. Even though I probably couldn't have used it as a GM, I would've liked to have one. Us gunners haven't gotten any cool new rifles since the Mizurakihoh came out, and even worse, no STRONGER rifles since Rattlesnake/Rattlesnac, which have been in the game since... forever, pretty much. =/

Sexy_Raine
Mar 5, 2009, 04:49 PM
Man... I was really looking forward to that Holy Ray. Even though I probably couldn't have used it as a GM, I would've liked to have one. Us gunners haven't gotten any cool new rifles since the Mizurakihoh came out, and even worse, no STRONGER rifles since Rattlesnake/Rattlesnac, which have been in the game since... forever, pretty much. =/

Killer Elite/Elic will be out eventually. When we get HIVE GBR.

BIGGIEstyle
Mar 5, 2009, 05:07 PM

If 01010100100101.... whatever his name is- doesn't get one and I do I'll PM ya about it. I might participate just for the lulz and I have no care for a crappy handgun :P

Calsetes
Mar 5, 2009, 05:18 PM
Alright, thanks guys. I'll still try as hard as I can to get home in time for at least the last run of the event (if you guys get it, wouldn't want you to give it up if you don't have to). I really do appreciate it.

Palle
Mar 5, 2009, 06:22 PM
*sigh* I can't believe that they actually got us prizes worse than that crap from before. :disapprove:
Meh, I was going to sell the old prizes, now I'll sell them as well as the new ones, I'll just have to wait longer I suppose. Why would you :disapprove: of free money?

Chuck_Norris
Mar 5, 2009, 06:40 PM
Meh, I was going to sell the old prizes, now I'll sell them as well as the new ones, I'll just have to wait longer I suppose. Why would you :disapprove: of free money?

As I said in another thread, Japan got this badass mission for their launch party, (http://psupedia.info/Innocent_Girl) and we're not getting it at all. :disapprove:

Rust
Mar 5, 2009, 07:07 PM
What an interesting turnout.
It happens I was needing a Real Hand Gun for Guillotine's Cross character competition on Sunday. :wacko:

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 5, 2009, 08:18 PM
We got fingered by sega jp:whip:

SEGA to Non-JP players*"early prostate exam time guys":whip:

Us* "oh ok mister":whip:

:disapprove:

Palle
Mar 5, 2009, 09:32 PM
As I said in another thread, Japan got this badass mission for their launch party, (http://psupedia.info/Innocent_Girl) and we're not getting it at all. :disapprove:

While I understand you're :disapprove:, this is not news. NA have been second-class citizens since JP launch. The fact that the NA servers are even up at this date amazes me, so I don't see a problem with getting free stuff, even if only to unload it on someone else in the hopes of turning a profit.

Swiftstrike
Mar 5, 2009, 11:14 PM
NA has ALWAYS been getting the hand-me-downs and second-thoughts compared to the JP stuff.

Examples: PSU obiously ... Playstation Portable is another example (they have about 5x the support) ... ect

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 5, 2009, 11:43 PM
Yeah, 20m is aloooot of meseta :-?

Swiftstrike
Mar 5, 2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah, 20m is aloooot of meseta :-?

Thats a bunch to a noob like me! :-)

darkante
Mar 6, 2009, 12:04 AM
Ok, i thought this event would interest me enough to bother with it.
As i thought, hey Holy Ray looks pretty sweet.

But when i got to find this out....You won´t see me there at all.
Real Handgun is pretty lame, it were annoying enough offline in vanilla.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 6, 2009, 12:19 AM
good i like the real Handgun Better than some Crap A rank holy ray that cant be used with gunmaster speed

Is it true gunmasters shoot faster?

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 6, 2009, 12:28 AM
Is it true gunmasters shoot faster?
Gunmasters shoot faster

PepperCat
Mar 6, 2009, 02:14 AM

WAT? No Innocent Girl???

Then how am I supposed to earn more Gold Badges for Pushans?

I HATE YOU SEGAC...

Namine
Mar 6, 2009, 02:17 AM
Thanks Festa 2, or the whatever the localization of it will be called. It had weapon badges, and Zon-x items. Oh, and of course MAG+...can't forget that...

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 6, 2009, 02:20 AM
You mean MAG++ since you already got 2 rounds of MAG last time? :P

Namine
Mar 6, 2009, 02:31 AM
I wouldn't say so, since we didn't have 150+ enemies.

hewitt
Mar 6, 2009, 02:33 AM
No. That was more like MAG- as it was the same as MAG only delayed extensively.

The_Brimada
Mar 6, 2009, 02:43 AM
My GT is going to be sad..... XD

Real handgun.....hmm I don't care much for handguns at all, but guess I'll find some use for it. >_>

Saraphina
Mar 6, 2009, 03:53 AM
umm... to get the moatoob furnishing.. can we say it anywhere any time any lobby? or does it have to be on colony and or around the Vivienne/Helga (if anyone knows)

xzidanex
Mar 6, 2009, 05:59 AM
So... It's technically friday... And the servers are up now... Wonder if this works yet. Well... for the Moatoob Deco anyway.

The Overlord
Mar 6, 2009, 06:09 AM
I was really looking foward to the Holy Ray/D, this just sucks.

Real Hand Gun+? That's suppose to compensate? Gawd.

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 6, 2009, 06:17 AM
Real Hand Gun+? That's suppose to compensate? Gawd.
It's actually pretty rare apparently... if you don't have 20m or the patience to hunt your own materials :)

Kazemi
Mar 6, 2009, 10:21 AM
It's actually pretty rare apparently... if you don't have 20m or the patience to hunt your own materials :)30mil now since the cheapest bromide is 6mil :p they really aren't hard to find, about as common as food items. guess the demand for ank piko+ (stronger than ank buti for those that don't know) and having to hunt for them on S3 keeps the price up.

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 6, 2009, 10:38 AM
having to hunt for them on S3 keeps the price up.
Yeah, cause it's so hard fighting enemies 20 levels lower than player level XD
That, and the one and a half stars max that the population fell to before this current GBR.

Arada
Mar 6, 2009, 10:41 AM
Do you mean the JP population is lower/equivalent to the PC one ?

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 6, 2009, 10:48 AM
Do you mean the JP population is lower/equivalent to the PC one ?
Not right now, it dropped to 1 and a half stars at one point... I think it was around or after the time the drops were changed/added.

Kinako78
Mar 6, 2009, 10:59 AM
Now, based on the description on the official site, I've come to the conclusion that you have to own Phantasy Star Portable to fully participate in this event. Is this true? Cause, if so, then I'm screwed.

Vickie
Mar 6, 2009, 12:02 PM
you know how business works, if you didn't notice they are not giving us holy rays because they want people to buy the portable version, so they give us something we have already seen just with better stats, and if u want a holy ray that bad go buy the psp version. open ya eyes, this is NOT an event nor is it some kind of compensation, they are using US to Advertise the new release, that tactic is "The Cloak of Benevolence", You will Notice how a while after the psp version is released we will start to get the wacky shit that's on the psp version and ill bet on that.

- give em a big FU and download it somewhere

Kinako78
Mar 6, 2009, 12:42 PM
I'm not talking about the Holy Ray and what not. I mean the Real Handgun and the Moatoob Collectable.

And I don't have a PSP, so I can't play it in any possible way.