PDA

View Full Version : Help a with PM

fenrir188
Mar 4, 2009, 08:36 PM
just started playing today and ive been reading all the threads about partner machines and what they do but its left me in a bit of a state, i cant for the life of me decide on what kind i should go for being a hunter my initial thoughts were a ranger type

any suggestions on what model to go for and how to get there would be a ton of help (im kind of partial to the ranger types atm)

Zabrio
Mar 4, 2009, 08:45 PM
it depends, what class do you plan on being later on

Yunfa
Mar 4, 2009, 08:48 PM
1st, change your topic from "noob" to "newb,"

I can't stress enough the big difference between those two words!

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk114/ludwigtupas/?action=view&current=20060823cm8-1.jpg

Do not worry about your model, as long as your Partner Machine has enough Battle Stats, they're able to transform into ANYthing. But later in the game you bring your Partner Machine for an extra meat shield anyways... >8D

fenrir188
Mar 4, 2009, 08:49 PM
i was planning on becoming a fortefighter

Zabrio
Mar 4, 2009, 08:50 PM
well he might also like to think about Synth stats

then go for pure striking then you can make your own melee weapons, best way to do this is to feed it only melee weps

oh and hey are you PC/PS2 or 360

Nijnij
Mar 4, 2009, 08:51 PM
just started playing today and ive been reading all the threads about partner machines and what they do but its left me in a bit of a state, i cant for the life of me decide on what kind i should go for being a hunter my initial thoughts were a ranger type

any suggestions on what model to go for and how to get there would be a ton of help (im kind of partial to the ranger types atm)

Figured I'd jump at the thought of helping you since it was hard as heck to get help for myself, but moving on!

You could invest in a good armor bot. It costs alot at total, but it's pretty simple to make and quick. The kouze shoes from the shop lift its armor by 22 every time you feed it. So, every five pairs of shoes means a level up. And the shoes only cost 2000 meseta.

And the good thing about armor bots is they make armors better than any of the others, so they can get you money. And they also use range weapons. Like shotguns, dual pistols, etc.

My bot is a model 441, which you can change over with PM devices, though I wouldn't worry about that until it's leveled up to about a hundred yet you can do it at level eighty, I believe. The good thing about it is that the shotgun uses the photon art called 'Barada Chamga' which has a chance to charm enemies. And with what I've seen, it makes the small and normal sized monsters go toward the person that charms them.

So the monsters will run after your bot most the time, haha. And it also uses a Tero / Hp Restore as a unit, which raises 2% of its health every few seconds, so it manages to stay alive alot. It runs around on its own most the time, but its active for an armor but.

I suppose alot of the other bots are nice too, but I've only been playing for near a month and it helps me out the most with getting meseta and doing missions.

Zabrio
Mar 4, 2009, 08:53 PM
Figured I'd jump at the thought of helping you since it was hard as heck to get help for myself, but moving on!

You could invest in a good armor bot. It costs alot at total, but it's pretty simple to make and quick. The kouze shoes from the shop lift its armor by 22 every time you feed it. So, every five pairs of shoes means a level up. And the shoes only cost 2000 meseta.

And the good thing about armor bots is they make armors better than any of the others, so they can get you money. And they also use range weapons. Like shotguns, dual pistols, etc.

My bot is a model 441, which you can change over with PM devices, though I wouldn't worry about that until it's leveled up to about a hundred yet you can do it at level eighty, I believe. The good thing about it is that the shotgun uses the photon art called 'Barada Chamga' which has a chance to charm enemies. And with what I've seen, it makes the small and normal sized monsters go toward the person that charms them.

So the monsters will run after your bot most the time, haha. And it also uses a Tero / Hp Restore as a unit, which raises 2% of its health every few seconds, so it manages to stay alive alot. It runs around on its own most the time, but its active for an armor but.

I suppose alot of the other bots are nice too, but I've only been playing for near a month and it helps me out the most with getting meseta and doing missions.

this is also a great idea

fenrir188
Mar 4, 2009, 08:55 PM
im on the 360 atm

but back to the post topic it seems u guys are saying its best to get the synth stat i will be using most up (wich would be striking or armor) but do these stats affect the pm in battle in any way?

Zabrio
Mar 4, 2009, 08:56 PM
no they only affect how well it make certain item types

dang if you were PC/PS2 i would have given you a bunch of free stuff :P

np if you ever need help just ask

fenrir188
Mar 4, 2009, 09:00 PM
i cry at the loss of possible free stuff but thanks for the speedy replies u guys have been a ton of help

Nijnij
Mar 4, 2009, 09:35 PM
im on the 360 atm

but back to the post topic it seems u guys are saying its best to get the synth stat i will be using most up (wich would be striking or armor) but do these stats affect the pm in battle in any way?

Not really, but there's a requirement on at least one weapon the PM uses, and it won't use it until B St. level 20+ in most cases, thought not the 441 that I use. Just the ones with SUVs. And to use EX devices, B St. level 25+.

kejen
Mar 4, 2009, 10:34 PM
You will need all 4 bots. At the very least an armor and striking. You will make a range after failing enough synths. 1 bot on each character slot.

Metalon
Mar 5, 2009, 08:18 AM
Im also a newbie to the PSU world, Im lvl 29 and dont have a partner machine. lol i dont even know where to get one. Im currently a lvl 11 hunter. im of the beast race. What would the ideal end class i should play and what partner machine should i raise. i would like a class that deals maximum dmg if possible! kthx =)

p.s. *PC*/PS2

darkante
Mar 5, 2009, 01:28 PM
Power craving ay? If you like swords and sabers, probably should give Fortefighter a try.
They can withstand alot of punishment and give out great amount of dmg too.