PDA

View Full Version : .

Thanubis
Mar 5, 2009, 08:38 AM
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7353/blankl.png

Stixxx
Mar 5, 2009, 09:06 AM
Gah forgot about these.. and in playin the demo and runnin outta space i started skippin boxes.. and that habit carried over into the storymode.. i missed um.. anyway to go back or think i can get um random drop like..

/sad panda

Tycho
Mar 6, 2009, 08:35 AM
Ever since this was translated the original (http://www37.atwiki.jp/psportable/pages/50.html#id_41cbb515) got updated a bit more. To be specific:

Chapter 3
Act 2: Block 2
Gi / Power (HU/FM, AM/PT)
Gi / Hit (RA/GM)
Gi / Force (FO/MF)
Near trap left of Drua Gohra slightly after entering the block

Chapter 5
Act 3: Block 2
Hard / Power (HU/FM, AM/PT)
Hard / Hit (RA/GM)
Har / Force (FO/MF)
In the room unlocked by ID Key 2 (as op said) -- note that going through the door unlocked by key 1 will continue the story.

Chapter 7
Act 3: Block 2
Cati / Power (HU/FM, AM/PT)
Cati / Hit (RA/GM)
Cati / Force (FO/MF)
Right at T-crossing near Volf, before getting the first key

No big deal though, since all these units can be bought later on anyway.
Edit: Actually the only item from these boxes that I'm not sure is obtainable by other means is Mei / Quick. All of the others were still obtainable through drops and the trade mission for the Japanese version.

Amherst_Wind
Mar 6, 2009, 09:07 AM
I'm TMNO2 on Gamefaqs. ^_^

I did leave out those units as they really didnt important at all. I know most of it is available in JP DLC however seeing as there isnt any for the US, unless Sega of America bothered to make them available elsewhere they may not be as readily available. (Also the Soul Eater is only from a rare spawn mission in DLC making it extremely hard to come by compared to the 100% special box drop.)
It's all about usefulness, sure its available elsewhere but a special box 100% drop is surely a much better option than hunting something.

Also thank you for giving credit, thats very kind of you! A few things I've posted get taken from here to Gamefaqs and vice versa without any mention of credit...

panzer_unit
Mar 6, 2009, 09:31 AM
Argh, I missed the Master System!

Is it possible to replay the story mode missions (without dumping all your belongings with Game+)

Amherst_Wind
Mar 6, 2009, 09:46 AM
Argh, I missed the Master System!

Is it possible to replay the story mode missions (without dumping all your belongings with Game+)

No its not. Though like I mentioned most of the things were available in DLC missions in the JP version. So as long as Sega of America took note of every item available in DLC missions and made it available elsewhere then you should be able to find it somewhere else.

Dymalos
Mar 6, 2009, 06:37 PM
I was able to get a 2nd Sega Genesis (mega drive) by revisiting the same box in a Free Mission. My guess is that you have a shot at getting anything you may have missed by visiting the same area in a Free Mission in Story mode.

Amherst_Wind
Mar 6, 2009, 08:00 PM
The Mega drive is kind of an exception, that area in the free mission is the same as that area in the story mission. Unfortunately, none of the other free missions match the same area as the story missions.

Tycho
Mar 7, 2009, 07:08 AM
Even if there is no download-content, surely they will have added new ways so these items won't stay one-shot drops? Seeing as at least the drops from the Vol Brothers mission have been found already, surely the other ones would be in there for the higher levels too.

Amherst_Wind
Mar 7, 2009, 07:43 AM
Even if there is no download-content, surely they will have added new ways so these items won't stay one-shot drops? Seeing as at least the drops from the Vol Brothers mission have been found already, surely the other ones would be in there for the higher levels too.

The problem is if Sega of America looked at the base Japanese game (not looking at DLC), then they probably scanned for weapons and such to see if it drops anywhere. Now say they did this, they would obviously see things like Bouqet and Flo. Bulb dropped nowhere in the game (because they had no drops until DLC came out). Now if they searched for, say Soul Eater, and they saw it already had a drop in the game, in the Story mission, would they think to make a new drop for it? It all depends on how much they looked into it, if all they did was find every item that had no drop (they knew they were searching for DLC items so thats why I imagine they may have done this) and put it somewhere in a normal mission, then a few things are going to be one time only.
As I said, it depends how much work SoA put in, if someone finds a Soul Eater as a normal drop then things would look better.