PDA

View Full Version : lol Protranser skill list problem

panzer_unit
Mar 5, 2009, 11:14 AM
I totally forgot about the 36 PA limit when thinking about going Protranser. I think that's going to make it a hard class to set up for being able to go from mission to mission. Bullets and techs can both eat up a ridiculous amount of space since you need one for each element... but they're both important to PT since one elemental rod on the palette can fill in as a rifle, laser, shotgun, and sword, that's like a 50% boost to the number of attacks/elements you have on hand.

This is all assuming you get your hands on every skill and don't have to improvise. It's probably easier early on where necessity makes choices more obvious.

- just learn the attack techs you intend to stack your rods with (fire, ice, earth, lightning, dark... no light since its just regrant... 20 techs is still a looooot)
- maybe skip the fire element? (no line, no homing, and knockback on gifoie)
[16 skills]

- maybe get really tight-fisted about bullets...
shotguns - elements (there's no melee or tech ability as versatile as shotgun)
lasers - just pick elements not covered by a line tech... fire, earth, light
bows - chousei-sou for bossfights
rifles - killer shot for sure
grenades - maga and duranga both look good, maybe freeze or fire for large mobs?
[12 skills]

- and just pick the best skill or two for each class of melee weapon
(maybe something like: tornado break, dus robado, spinning break, renzan seidan-ga, bogga zubba, anga dugrega, absolute dance)
[8 skills]

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2009, 11:21 AM
Heh. Not a problem I haven't seen before. Guntecher in PSU had the same problem, easily. Considering I had around 50+ important PAs just for that class. :) :)

Ahh well. The challenges of Hybrid-ville.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 5, 2009, 11:46 AM
I was thinking this the other night, myself. I was just gonna stick healing on a staff and not bother too much with techs. I'll see how that works against robots. >_>

panzer_unit
Mar 5, 2009, 11:56 AM
I never had this much trouble setting up skills as a guntecher... protranser, wartecher... they were all a bit of a squeeze but manageable. PT now is insane because they took the old class, added some weapons, and then bolted serious attack teching just to the side of the whole thing.

I'm liking that list I posted. It'll be a while before I need to worry about it though, I think.

Stixxx
Mar 5, 2009, 12:02 PM
you know since you can unlearn and keep the same lvl of your PA/Skills?Technics you could always just cary your extras around and swap um in as needed

then again may be a pain in the ass.

hadnt really thought about it, if i can think of somthing ill let you know

foamcup
Mar 5, 2009, 12:05 PM
You don't need one of each bullet, I just use fire and dark. I use dark all the time unless fighting on the G-Colony, then i switch to fire. Maybe a ground bullet if there will be a lot of casters. Same for techs, I use Foie and Diga, these are the heavy hitters. A Ra- tech for hitting groups at a distance. Dambarta in case I need to stop the enemy for a few seconds. Put some thought into it and you can optimize your set up.

panzer_unit
Mar 5, 2009, 12:33 PM
You don't need one of each bullet, I just use fire and dark. I use dark all the time unless fighting on the G-Colony, then i switch to fire. Maybe a ground bullet if there will be a lot of casters. Same for techs, I use Foie and Diga, these are the heavy hitters. A Ra- tech for hitting groups at a distance. Dambarta in case I need to stop the enemy for a few seconds. Put some thought into it and you can optimize your set up.

Well, yeah it's easy if you're not going to try and do as much damage as you can. It would be even easier if you didn't bother using the most effective type of attack against a bunch of enemies. Pick whatever class has the coolest name, pick the best looking weapon they can equip, learn and equip one skill for it and go.

I'd rather have an excuse to use all my character's stuff so I want to try and set up for the most effective attack possible for every encounter in a mission. That's the goal. Element (or status if I can't get ele), area effect or target count, crowd control, everything. In a perfect world that would be just a question of getting the right skills on my PA list and linking them while setting up a weapon palette at the start of each mission and before each boss fight. In reality, obviously you've gotta settle for coming as close as possible without wasting excessive inventory space (gotta have a few melee weapons), spending time swapping skill disks back and forth, and changing things up depending on major item finds.