PDA

View Full Version : Cards vs mechguns[AT/SUV building]

Majarra
Mar 6, 2009, 01:10 AM
Which would be better? And if the majority is mechgun im guarenteed to like get kiked out of every partyy i join with mechs right? will cards perfom better?

ashley50
Mar 6, 2009, 01:49 AM
get hit a lot...it builds it up faster

_Vyser_
Mar 6, 2009, 02:05 AM
I guess it's situational. Machgun might build your SUV faster, but I haven't used one in a few years.

Volcompat321
Mar 6, 2009, 02:40 AM
I guess it's situational. Machgun might build your SUV faster, but I haven't used one in a few years.

in a few years eh?
wont it be 3 years in october, since psu came out october 2006...

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 04:58 AM
shotty lol :whip:

if i play acrofighter i tend to use cards i notice my suv building faster might be cause i get smacked around a bit also:whip:

as a fortegunner i kinda stopped using mech guns i hate ppl saying omg are you glitching T_T

Calsetes
Mar 6, 2009, 10:42 AM
Use whichever you like. I found that my SUV gauge as my cast builds up at about the same rate if I'm just hitting stuff.

Plus, if they boot you for using a mechgun, then they should be ashamed. That's a crappy reason to boot someone. Then again, I use mechguns on my fighgunner, so.....

Hiero_Glyph
Mar 6, 2009, 12:51 PM
The MG builds your SUV faster as you deal less damage and get more hits within a similar amount of time to the Card. The Card is easily the highest ranged damage that an AT can get, however. So if you are playing in a party you should use the MG to build your SUV before reaching a critical spawn, otherwise stick with your card for overall damage.

Majarra
Mar 6, 2009, 06:45 PM
aight. at least the bullets are easy to lvl and are only 20. thanks

Hrith
Mar 6, 2009, 10:13 PM
Cards suck as a weapon type. Don't be folled by the big numbers, they're very slow, twin handguns and machineguns are better.

The only reason I use cards is because machineguns empty fast and twin handguns don't allow the use of a wand...

Majarra
Mar 6, 2009, 10:42 PM
You sure about that? I mean you know your stats and stuff but still 700s?[using a lvl 20 bullet and shi kikami, i dont know what a cast would do] 700ish [im guessing]x3=2100 per shot and not pushing the monsters away....wouldnt that be on the same level of damage mechs would do?

Hiero_Glyph
Mar 7, 2009, 01:00 AM
Cards suck as a weapon type. Don't be folled by the big numbers, they're very slow, twin handguns and machineguns are better.

The only reason I use cards is because machineguns empty fast and twin handguns don't allow the use of a wand...

A twin handgun would have to fire ~33% faster to overcome the damage of a card. Also note that you can fire the card faster if you alternate your stance (i.e. fire while standing still, and then fire again while strafing). If you continually alternate your stance the cards fire at almost the same speed as the twin handguns.

biggabertha
Mar 7, 2009, 07:36 AM
Throwing Blades are REALLY annoying to use too.

Shagreece are probably the most annoying because once you get backed up against a wall, the game stops you from looking up too far to keep the Throwing Blades on them.

They're also really slow weapons to use too - they look and sound nice though but after you use a Crossbow, a Handgun or even a Mechgun, they really are, just too slow.

Not bad on Maggas though but you have better options for when the thing turns around.

Hrith
Mar 7, 2009, 09:23 PM
A twin handgun would have to fire ~33% faster to overcome the damage of a card.Heh, I forgot how many bullets per minute cards fire, I know it's 160 for twin handguns and 200 for machineguns.

I know for a fact that cards on Guntecher are towards the bottom of the DPS ladder, below twin handguns, crossbows and machineguns.
The most important difference with Acrotecher is that bullets gain in element % as they level up, and GT has a cap of Lv40 versus AT with a Lv20 cap for bullets.
I'm not sure this difference can account for cards suddenly becoming "much" more powerful.

I know of the tactic you speak, but cards are already very annoying to use, I'm not going to make them even more so.

It's AT we're talking about, anyway, damage is going to suck no matter what.