PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay stuff I've noticed so far

panzer_unit
Mar 6, 2009, 10:35 AM
Axes hit 2 targets, and knock down on the first and last hit of the normal attack combo.
Anga Dugrega looks like it just hits one target on the first attack.

Spinning Break is 2 targets on the second move of the PA. Haven't gotten it to 21 for the third combo move yet. Online it was one of my favorite skills against large monsters, after it was buffed from 2x2 -> 2x1 -> 3x2 to 2x2 -> 4x1 -> 4x2.

Razonde and Noszonde launch enemies.
Diga and Gifoie blow badguys away.

Dura Gohras will freeze and burn starting at SE1.
Grinna Bete S are immune to virus. Ugh.

Arika
Mar 6, 2009, 10:49 AM
important : Diga with knock back

panzer_unit
Mar 6, 2009, 10:58 AM
Diga's great for blowing up robots safely, or arranging enemies for easier targeting by Radiga.

Also Grenades don't flip Drua Gohras over any more.

EDIT: another major grenade note, they don't like splitting hits between targets. Two crocs side by side and you'll tend towards getting full hits on one and letting the other spam diga or whatever.

EDIT: oh yeah, and anything that spams Diga can go to hell. They get the additional knockback too. I bet Kagajabari's a pain in the butt when he goes fire-mode.

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2009, 11:07 AM
I also noticed something interesting about how Twin Handguns hit targets as you strafe across. They seem to spread their damage across a group a lot better than they can in PSU.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 6, 2009, 12:03 PM
Grenades in general seem to just knockdown now. Even small enemies didn't go flying when I pulled out my launcher.

panzer_unit
Mar 9, 2009, 08:32 AM
Megid has Infection SE instead of Instant Death
Rabarta has knockdown

Chousei-sou ... uh, what the hell? It's got very short range now, very low ATP%, but hits multiple targets or a single target multiple times (looks like 4 hits max at lv21+)

Did Delp Slami's always cast resta right after you hit them with a dark-element technique? A group of 3 delps made leveling Ramegid insanely easy.

panzer_unit
Mar 13, 2009, 12:54 PM
Grenades launch enemies in the air for me. Does it vary by element? I'm using Boma Banga. I don't know if I like PS:P putting the "launch" in launchers ... they're a little more handy against small opponents, but still toss enemies clear of your own explosions sooner or later, not to mention your teammates' attacks ... and being only launch instead of blow away, grenades are nowhere near as good against most large targets as they used to be. Stagger isn't as heavy against large humanoids, and they don't flip stuff like Kamatoze.

Boma Maga just flinches enemies so you can totally spam it on a handful of normal midsized mobs... only causes a minor flinch against large targets however, making it useless for the usual grenade pin-down.

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2009, 01:17 PM
Is Boma Maga the Stun Grenade? I forgot the name of the one I'm using, right now. But my current grenade does not blow away at all, but it has a chance to stun. I guess if I raise it higher, it will be pretty formiddable if the stun is effective across the group. That means, non-moving enemies constantly taking the full brunt of the continuous grenade attack.

Dymalos
Mar 13, 2009, 01:17 PM
I don't know how I feel about megid no longer being possibly lethal, it gave the S Rank colony missions a certain character that I really appreciated in PSU.

panzer_unit
Mar 13, 2009, 01:34 PM
Yes, Boma Maga is the stun grenade with 100% ATA modifier. Mine's flying through the levels after discovering how much AMF heavy infantry love bunching up at grenade ranges. The unfortunate thing is the damage though, really low modifier. Right now it's just passed half the ATP% of my elemental grenades. It's really handy for helping fighter teammates and perfect for murdering certain types of non-elemental humanoid enemies.

Dymalos - with Scapes limited to stacks of 3 and no second chances if you get KO'ed solo, I'm sort of glad Megid doesn't randomly kill. Even with our jacked-up stamina scores.

I don't like the 400 PP on my Gur Bazgac +10, but I use it anyway when I need to spike damage above what I get from my Azul Fire. 700 more ATP is a big difference lol ... it's enough that I can drop an S-rank Grinna Bete without recharging at least, and gives me something to do with Photon Charges for a change.

Dymalos
Mar 13, 2009, 01:56 PM
Well I'm only visiting the classes which have launchers, but since it's a long 20+ level haul spanning Ranger, Gunmaster and Protranser, I decided to shelve some of my old skills and level the launcher bullets.

Robopitch Grenade is a fantastic weapon, really... but it gets amazingly annoying hearing it's "special" sound every single time you fire it. I'm not going to spoil it as it seems many of you haven't had the chance to use it yet, but at this point I"m seriously considering giving up it's 1800 Att awesomeness just for the sake of my sanity.

It really helps to have a couple of NPCs along as meat shields to head off charging enemies and keep everything sort of clustered around them.

panzer_unit
Mar 13, 2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I don't use Robopitch Grenade either... same reason. I remember when I was leveling up the only launchers I could get my hands on were koltovas and teapots :P the shops hadn't started selling regular models yet. Embarrassing.

RedRaz0r
Mar 14, 2009, 11:32 AM
Well I'm only visiting the classes which have launchers, but since it's a long 20+ level haul spanning Ranger, Gunmaster and Protranser, I decided to shelve some of my old skills and level the launcher bullets.

Robopitch Grenade is a fantastic weapon, really... but it gets amazingly annoying hearing it's "special" sound every single time you fire it. I'm not going to spoil it as it seems many of you haven't had the chance to use it yet, but at this point I"m seriously considering giving up it's 1800 Att awesomeness just for the sake of my sanity.

It really helps to have a couple of NPCs along as meat shields to head off charging enemies and keep everything sort of clustered around them.

The Robopitch Grenade...lol EVERYONE knows about it, and if they don't, the need to learn about it.

It says the famous "Segaaa" Sound like from the old sonic games, and the grenade is a blue ball that has the Sega logo printed on it

/spoil

Dymalos
Mar 16, 2009, 08:12 AM
Now that I've gotten all of the relevant PA's out of the other NPCs, I've taken to partying with Ethan, Tylor and my GH490 (Dog) Partner Machine. I've since noticed that one of these is revealing traps for my benefit which is pretty cool.

panzer_unit
Mar 16, 2009, 08:49 AM
Boma Maga hits 6 targets instead of 4, if it needed more things to make it cool.
Anga Dugrega is 1/2/3 targets instead of 2/2/2... I only noticed the boost on the last move recently.

Also stay THE. HELL. AWAY. from the edge of the area in Bil De Golus fights. I got stuck under him while he went into some permanent-charge glitch.

Giresta has a very weak heal compared to Resta... and speaking of that, my Human FM can only Resta for about 600 points. That's no good in the thick of a fight. I'm starting to think I should leave my Lumirus/Mind at home in favor of Lumirus/Force.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 17, 2009, 12:18 PM
I found that Ra techs hit 4 targets, instead of 3 at level 21.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 17, 2009, 08:50 PM
Two-Headed Ragnus (twin saber) sets things on fire now. For some reason, this pleases me.

dominantwisdom
Mar 17, 2009, 09:54 PM
The scaling of weapon stats are much much greater than the ones in PSU, not sure if its like that in PSU offline as I have yet to play that mode.

panzer_unit
Mar 30, 2009, 11:25 AM
A couple things I picked up on while running Grove S as a GunMaster:

Boma Inga changed from knockdown to launch at lv21
Boma Duranga has knockback old-school PSU style
Yak Maga has ATP down and knockdown ... hugely useful bullet and RA/GM only

My main attack for groups of robots now is hitting once or twice with Mayalee Prism to knock targets into proper range for shooting with Gur Hanab (so. pretty.) it's a great way to get frequent enough use of a grenade's monster ATP and ATP%'s against mobile targets. I'm definitely switching back to Protranser now that I've farmed up a Raikasobra though - my zonde techs hit much harder and much more easily than GM laser & grenade.
Armed Servants love hanging out at grenade ranges without any help from me, which is like christmas whenever a bunch show up.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 30, 2009, 12:19 PM
Rabarta causes knockdown. However, it has a longer cast time than the other Ra TECHs (or so it seems to me).

panzer_unit
Mar 30, 2009, 01:04 PM
Oh yeah, Anga Jabroga and Ikk Hikk can miss.

panzer_unit
Apr 2, 2009, 12:17 PM
Gaozoran Rod has some kind of % bonus to damage... hits way harder than Okarod even with head units changed around to end up with the same total TP.