PDA

View Full Version : Adhoc Party Issue: Can see game, but get Connection Error when starting.

Seijuu
Mar 6, 2009, 03:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem with adhoc party and Phantasy Star Portable.

Basically, when I go into one of the Lobbies and into a room, I can see a leader's game, or others can see my game if I am the leader.

But when we try to start the game, the leader will see the loading screen and enter the game, however, the team member(s) will just see the gray scrolling background.

If I'm leader, I can see the other person still in my party, but after several seconds, they leave the party and they get a connection error.

So, I can join/start a party, but I never actually get into the game.

Has anyone else seen this issue and do you know how to solve it.

I have done the same port forwarding used for remote play. Haven't been able to find anything else that may be required.

Any help you guys can offer would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Dagger_32
Mar 7, 2009, 12:28 AM
I was playing with someone who had this problem, he had a router. He disconnected his router and hooked his PS3 directly up to his modem, problem was solved!

grubmeyer
Mar 7, 2009, 02:51 AM
I've heard of this problem happening before and I believe this to be a router issue. If I had to guess, I'd say it's something to do with forwarding the correct ports. The unfortunate thing is...which one's do we forward? Ad-hoc party is in japanese so I assume that most of the support for it is as well. Is it possible to find out which ports to forward using other methods?

Seijuu
Mar 8, 2009, 04:17 PM
Ad-Hoc Party will not work if your PS3 is connected to the internet by a wireless connection.

Yes, I'm aware of that.
As I said... I can see other people's games, and join their party, but when they start the game, I'm left at the gray scrolling background.

I've heard of this problem happening before and I believe this to be a router issue. If I had to guess, I'd say it's something to do with forwarding the correct ports. The unfortunate thing is...which one's do we forward? Ad-hoc party is in japanese so I assume that most of the support for it is as well. Is it possible to find out which ports to forward using other methods?

Hey Grub... this is actually Shinobishi that spoke with you the other day about this issue.
I messaged the person you mentioned but he hasn't gotten back to me.

I've double checked my ports and I'm still getting the same result. It's really frustrating.

Anyone have any information at all about this?

Seijuu
Mar 9, 2009, 09:13 AM
Have you tried either setting your router to put your computer in a DMZ or completely disabling your router's firewall?

If either of those options works, then you can be sure that it is a port forwarding problem.

Not yet. I'll try that tonight, thanks.

Seijuu
Mar 9, 2009, 09:48 PM
Well... enabled DMZ to my PS3... When that's set up, I can't even see others games. And others can't see mine.

It actually made things worse. I don't know how that's possible.

I'm going to see if there is an update to my firmware. Next test, a friend is going to let me borrow his router. I'm getting annoyed with this. I want to play this damn game online!

ShadowTH1000
Mar 9, 2009, 11:17 PM
I tried to play the game online all day yesterday, and I have the same problem. Also, when I set my PS3 to the DMZ it does the same thing (I can't see anyone's games). My router shouldn't be a problem since my router firewall is completely off.

Kichi
Mar 9, 2009, 11:42 PM
Did you guys forward port 9293 (TCP) to your PS3?

ShadowTH1000
Mar 10, 2009, 12:36 AM
Kk, I forwarded that port to my PS3. Any one want to help me test? I'm waiting in lobby J

Kichi
Mar 10, 2009, 01:05 AM
I would....but i really gotta go to bed. I'll be on to help people test tomorrow.

grubmeyer
Mar 10, 2009, 01:59 AM
Did you guys forward port 9293 (TCP) to your PS3?

Has anyone tried this yet? I've never had any problems with ad-hoc party, but I'd be willing to work with anyone to help get this problem fixed. I understand it's not a widespread problem, however it is widespread enough to be a nuisance.

Seijuu
Mar 10, 2009, 08:53 AM
Has anyone tried this yet? I've never had any problems with ad-hoc party, but I'd be willing to work with anyone to help get this problem fixed. I understand it's not a widespread problem, however it is widespread enough to be a nuisance.

I'm pretty sure that is the port I have forwarded.
I'll have to double check when I get home.

Of course everything has gone to crap now. I upgraded my Router firmware and now I can't get through it at all. Whatever MAC address I clone, it doesn't take.

I can go directly to the modem though. I'm still trying to get that figured out.

Kichi
Mar 10, 2009, 05:44 PM
Alright, for the explanation of why that's supposed to work:

TCP 9293 is the port used for online remote play. Supposedly, Ad-Hoc Party uses the same port.

At least, that's what I got from some google searching.

Seijuu
Mar 10, 2009, 08:38 PM
Alright, for the explanation of why that's supposed to work:

TCP 9293 is the port used for online remote play. Supposedly, Ad-Hoc Party uses the same port.

At least, that's what I got from some google searching.

Yeah I tried that port already and it wasn't working.
I just updated the firmware on my router and reforwarded that port and I'm currently in J/50 waiting for someone to test it out with me.

Feel free to drop by and give me a hand.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 10, 2009, 08:58 PM
I'm about to give up on trying to connect via ad-hoc, and being on a Mac makes things more difficult sometimes (only PC in the house is nearly 10 yrs old and wireless as well)

If anyone wouldn't mind helping me out sometime this week it would be appreciated greatly.

Kichi
Mar 10, 2009, 10:03 PM
Sure, Seijuu. Lemme know the room name.

Seijuu
Mar 13, 2009, 07:35 AM
I finally got to test it out last night with a couple of friends...

AND IT WORKED! w00t!

I'm pretty sure updating the firmware on my router fixed the issue.

Thanks to all that tried to help. :)

Chibi_Knight
Mar 13, 2009, 08:50 AM
Grats buddy, now lets PLAY!

Stixxx
Mar 15, 2009, 12:52 PM
i hade similar issue when we were in the same room..
from what i can tell its that player a has a psp1000 (fat) and player b has a 2000 or 3000 type for some reason they have a hard time syncing up

i have a psp 1000 and i was the one having issues connecting the rest were on slims n junk so again thats the only reason we could come up with

there were 6 of us in the room.. (we get together Wednesday nights) with 2 "partys" setup.. heard they had similar issues with monster hunter so its not game specific

so ya for some reason cross generation ad-hoc has intermittand issues

Dymalos
Mar 15, 2009, 04:35 PM
Stixxx is your problem specifically an error message, or does your PSP Phat simply not light up in the Ad Hoc Party rooms?

Seijuu
Mar 16, 2009, 07:54 AM
i hade similar issue when we were in the same room..
from what i can tell its that player a has a psp1000 (fat) and player b has a 2000 or 3000 type for some reason they have a hard time syncing up

i have a psp 1000 and i was the one having issues connecting the rest were on slims n junk so again thats the only reason we could come up with

there were 6 of us in the room.. (we get together Wednesday nights) with 2 "partys" setup.. heard they had similar issues with monster hunter so its not game specific

so ya for some reason cross generation ad-hoc has intermittand issues

Hmmm... I didn't notice that issue.

When I played it the other night, I was using a 2000 and one of my friends was using a 1000 ( I know this b/c I sold him my 1000 when I upgraded ;) ) and the third was using either a 2000 or a 3000. We didn't have any issues.