PDA

View Full Version : GC: Corrupt Files

M00GLE
Feb 12, 2003, 01:33 PM
I've lost all my character data twice now. I do not use cheats, I only use official Nintendo memory cards and peripherals, and I don't trade with people online for fear of getting a duped item.
This seems to happen after I've played OFFLINE Multiplayer mode. The first time this happened I thought that maybe I had turned off my GC too fast, but I know that was not the case this last time.
I LOVE this game, but am really frustrated and am thinking about just giving up on it. I've spent countless hours trying to get the few rares I could and getting my mags and chars leveled up. I don't want to have to deal with loosing them again after I've invested so much time, just because of some crappy software glitch. SEGA/Sonicteam should at least give us a way to backup our character data or something, this is ridiculous! Sure it sucks to play online with someone who is cheating, but it sucks even more to continually have to start from scratch!
BTW I've never gotten a SOD.

Nintense
Feb 12, 2003, 04:19 PM
Are you moving your characters to a temp file slot and then not moving them back after you're done? When you're done playing multiplayer, you have to choose Quit when it takes you back to the multiplayer menu screens, you'll then have the chance to move your characters back to their proper memory cards.

M00GLE
Feb 13, 2003, 12:43 PM
Actually, the person that I play the multiplayer game with does not have a GC (Yet...), so I have never used the temp player function. Although, the first time this happened, I checked the boards and found that some players were, at least, able to recover their items by putting the card with the corrupt files in the 2nd mem card slot and using the corrupt file as a temp then unload the corrupt players items to a new character on a different card. This didn't work for me, I just got a message saying the files in the 2nd mem card slot were corrupt.

aeres
Feb 17, 2003, 07:45 PM
I had the same problem. My kid brother was playing his character on Saturday, when he calls me and says: "What does corrupt files mean?" I lost my lv 31 FOnewm, my lv 12 HUcast, and my lv 10 RAmar. Now I have a lv 5 FOnewm and a lv 3 HUmar. I thought it was something he did but I found out I'm not the only one. I guess we will have to make do, but maybe we could ask for repreations, or something.

Omaru
Feb 20, 2003, 10:19 AM
O.o this is frightening.. remind me never to play multimode ever again... the only time I've been corrupt was when I was real real real real tired.. and I was exiting.. and it says 'saving to memory card slot A' etc.. and I turned the power off... heh.. I don't play til 4 am anymore.. 3:30 is my cut off. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gifP