PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Impressed

rayner
Mar 7, 2009, 09:10 AM
So this week my 4th X360 started crapping out on me ( Freezing Every 15 minutes playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope ) and Best Buy's new warranty basically sucks... don't get it, there is NO in-store replacements anymore. They have to ship out my unit to the Geek Squad, and they will ship a "New" system out to me in 3 - 5 days. From what I've been told it's just the system... I kept all the accessories and Hard drive from my old system, I'm already ready to storm Best Buy demanding a full refund.

So in light of that I picked up Phantasy Star Portable and I'm having a blast. There are a few shortcomings, but I really like how they balanced out the classes. And grinding is a sure thing... and NO Synthesis... oh god how I realize how broken that system is, and no player shops. It's just PURE hunting, which is what I loved in PSO. I really like the player log, where it tells you your best times, how many times you did a mission and how many of each enemy you defeated. I just wish I didn't have to have a PS3 to do the ad-hoc.

I'm actually liking PSP more than PSU because leveling up all 6 Crossbow bullets to lv 30 only took me about 4 hours total... instead of around 25. I don't have to do missions for materials... just items. And I don't have to step into a player's store paying obscene amounts for Catilium... or to farm it from Bladed Legacy S2.

Oh yeah anyone know where I can find some B - A Rank Crossbows? I only have 1... and I'm lv 30 :-)

Aristerix
Mar 7, 2009, 10:11 AM
Hmm, level 30..

I was doing some of the lower level missions in Parum,
and came across some crossbows in either Endrum Remnants,
or AMF HQ Recovery. You should be able to do the B ranks
currently.

Not sure where the A-Rank crossbows drop though. I'll let ya
know if I find any.

OriginalB
Mar 7, 2009, 10:38 AM
Hint: you can get online cheaper and just as effectively by way of Xlink Kai. I use it all the time.