PDA

View Full Version : PSP So I got a reply concerning the DLC...

Kahoumaru
Mar 8, 2009, 09:40 PM
Since there were quite a number of people wondering if there even was DLC for this game, I took all the trouble to set up a Sega Pass to submit a ticket, asking support if DLC was headed our way in one form or another. So I got this response. If this is old, you can ignore the topic. If it isn't, then hopefully this was of some use to you.

Hello --------,

Thanks for contacting Sega Customer Support regarding Phantasy Star Portable. The downloadable content is still being reviewed for potential release through Sega of Japan. Once a decision is made, a formal announcement regarding its release will be issued at Sega.com with full disclosure regarding the details. At this time, there is no further official information available but once it becomes available to us, someone will e-mail you with an update.

Thanks for your inquiry!

Rob
Sega Customer Support

So I guess they didn't completely just scrap the idea of DLC. Weapons Badges could possibly be obtained via DLC missions or something. Since the drop charts are presumably different in the English version to accommodate the lack of DLC, the mission that traded in Weapons Badges can be used to obtain the items more easily than having it dropped normally. Of course, don't mind me, it's just speculation.

Wisteria
Mar 8, 2009, 09:45 PM
I hope they do go through with the DLCs. It would be nice to have a game with fresh content every now and then on a portable system.

On side note, if money is the issue, I wouldn't mind forking out $1-$3 USD per mission. xD

Net_PePo
Mar 8, 2009, 10:32 PM
I hope they do go through with the DLCs. It would be nice to have a game with fresh content every now and then on a portable system.

On side note, if money is the issue, I wouldn't mind forking out $1-$3 USD per mission. xD

I donīt think they sell missons. Just be downloaded for free as demos and other contents... Maybe sellin from 1c to 99c...:D

Saigan
Mar 8, 2009, 10:38 PM
I don't imagine they'd charge, all the Monster Hunter content is free.

Swiftstrike
Mar 9, 2009, 03:44 AM
Im sure they killed the DLC idea but don't want to say (so more possible customers wont be turned away, they will wait for more people to buy it before shooting the idea down).

Don't think they gave the idea up? Look how "current" PSU USA is compared to JP .... the US servers have, and will always be, third class (yes, we dont even rate second lol).

DarkEliteRico
Mar 9, 2009, 09:32 AM
Great news, hopefully they give us something. I really wish there was a way to do multiplayer without going through ad-hoc since I don't know anyone around me who even has a PSP yet alone PS:P

Some new content would be a great way for me to kill time seeing as I just finished the game last night. I'll be trying to get some screen grabs of items if possible

DarkEliteRico
Mar 9, 2009, 09:58 AM
Great news, hopefully they give us something. I really wish there was a way to do multiplayer without going through ad-hoc since I don't know anyone around me who even has a PSP yet alone PS:P

Some new content would be a great way for me to kill time seeing as I just finished the game last night. I'll be trying to get some screen grabs of items if possible

panzer_unit
Mar 9, 2009, 10:13 AM
PS:P needed to take a hint from Monster Hunter and include some missions aimed at challenging characters with maxed level, rank, skills, and gear... I don't have much interest in MH on my own any more but still look forward to getting together with friends for it because we get the chance to do some missions that would be enormously dangerous and frustrating individually, if not pure suicide.

EDIT: admittedly I did do SEED Awakened S with my ex last night and we got to the point of having to trade rezzes back and forth with moon atomizers, having run out of mates and almost all of our stars ages ago. But we were 65 and 75 respectively, there's a lot of room for getting more powerful still. I beat it easily enough single-player afterward.

Arika
Mar 9, 2009, 10:34 AM
They probably don't just give you the promise first because they are going for trials to see how many people actually buy this game.

I m sure they are fully aware that it might not worth to translate all those DLC unless population here is high enough.

they did a good job on JP PSP, because it sold well out there. (500,000+ copies)

CeruleanWitch
Mar 9, 2009, 11:04 AM
I don't imagine they'd charge, all the Monster Hunter content is free.

That was Capcom's choice. This is Sega we're talking about.

fortetoker
Mar 9, 2009, 11:29 AM
check this out aparently JP has DLC already acoring to psupedia
http://psupedia.info/PSP:Download_missions

Akaimizu
Mar 9, 2009, 11:45 AM
We do know that. That's why people know about DLC content in the first place. Phantasy Star Portable for JPN has been out for months now. However, even in the best case scenario, it's likely we wouldn't have DLC yet. The DLC would have to be translated first.

Mizumi323
Mar 9, 2009, 12:57 PM
I hope we get DLC...it'd be sad if you beat the game and maxed out all of your characters with nothing else to get :-(

Omega-R7
Mar 9, 2009, 01:01 PM
We will give it time. I hope

ShinAnt
Mar 9, 2009, 01:46 PM
If they do decide to give out DLC. They'll most Likely throw it on the Playstation Network. Probably charge like 2 bucks at max.

ShuttleXpC
Mar 9, 2009, 02:02 PM
They aren't doing it, don't trust their little reply. The ISO image of PSP US doesn't even have the DLC launcher engine. Use something like MagicISO to examine both ISO's of the games. JP version has a DLC launch center of sorts that controls the content, the US version doesn't even have this. It's not possible. Sega really needs to stop lying.

CeruleanWitch
Mar 9, 2009, 02:28 PM
Maybe someone will eventually slipstream the japanese DLC into the US release, but I doubt anyone would even bother because it's.. well... PSU.

dominantwisdom
Mar 9, 2009, 02:35 PM
I'm pretty sure the missing download option on the main menu was an indication of the absent "DLC launcher engine". We don't know for sure whether or not the game can detect additional content files within the PSP memory stick. We are not the developers here. Knowing Sega you're probably right though, but who knows it's too early to tell.

TerribleDeliMeat
Mar 9, 2009, 04:53 PM
Sounds like a typically CSR response.

Creates a situation you'll be unable to verify (Contacting SoJ to see the content is still being reviewed), but then leaves you a semi-high note (We'll let you know as soon as we know!).

ShuttleXpC
Mar 9, 2009, 08:32 PM
I'm pretty sure the missing download option on the main menu was an indication of the absent "DLC launcher engine". We don't know for sure whether or not the game can detect additional content files within the PSP memory stick. We are not the developers here. Knowing Sega you're probably right though, but who knows it's too early to tell.

I just confirmed that...I said it doesn't have the ability to detect the extra content. I was talking about the US ISO. Its not possible.

Arika
Mar 10, 2009, 03:46 AM
I think they will do it only when they see that the game is sold well enough.
But I doubt it will meet the condition, even PSP as console isn't much popular at all in western market.

Swiftstrike
Mar 10, 2009, 03:57 AM
I just confirmed that...I said it doesn't have the ability to detect the extra content. I was talking about the US ISO. Its not possible.

1) Download a patch thats saved to the memory stick
2) Start game
3) Select the new "Download" option
4) Download!

You would have to use that MS to see the Download option, but wouldn't this be plausible? :-?

kent85
Mar 17, 2009, 08:20 PM
i really wish there is download for english version.. anyone try to put jpn DLC into eng??

dominantwisdom
Mar 17, 2009, 09:34 PM
There are other ways to distribute downloadable content besides through the built-in download system. SoA can't do everything SoJ does which is why they took out the import character from PSU system in the US version because of technical difficulties (http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8982046&publicUserId=5725436), so the same can probably be applied to removal of the download option in the US version. Only time and Sega support(will take awhile) will tell.

Even if we don't get DLC, there's always moving your game save back and forth between the Japanese and US version.

RedRaz0r
Mar 18, 2009, 11:09 AM
Has anyone tried using your US character in the JP version?

dominantwisdom
Mar 18, 2009, 07:33 PM
I haven't, but the method behind it has been proven to work.