PDA

View Full Version : Don't take this the wrong way

WasabiX
Jan 18, 2001, 10:40 PM
It seems that one of the only reasons why this site is gaining popularity is cus of www.gamefaqs.com
I for one found out about this place from a post there. These are just my opinions but this place should star advertising and accepting advertisments ta expand and get larger.... cus it sux that the members here have to advertise this place.(that's how i found out.... from some one who came ta this site and posted a message in gamefaqs)

gideon
Jan 18, 2001, 10:50 PM
Well, there are several places where we 'advertise'. We have links on most of the other PSO sites, alot of people come from #PSO on efnet. But I think most of our growth comes from word of mouth (plugs on message boards, etc). Not only gamefaqs, but also cloudchaser, and UGO. But, we have been very lucky so far to have grown as much as we have in a short time (just a few days).

How do you think we should advertise? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Morphix
Jan 18, 2001, 11:46 PM
I saw it on Gamefaqs and posted the adress on around my usaul stomping grounds. I hope this site takes off big when the game finally hits the US.

Mordecai
Jan 19, 2001, 12:30 AM
Gamers,

Whatever the reason may be... this site's appeal has grown to hardcore PSO fans!
It is a very clean and well structured site... very professional. I love the rare weapons database and the character icons for each user/member! Updates are prompt and posted regularly unlike some other sites which may take days or weeks before they make any changes. Overall... this site is very 'refreshing', IMHO! So much so, that it is my first bookmark on my PSO folder! Kudos to you webmasters... it's about time someone took more pride in their work!

Keep up the good work gentlemen,
Mordecai - "I will meet you soon on the frontlines!"

Tomeeboy
Jan 19, 2001, 01:16 AM
As Gideon mentioned, we do have links on a few other web sites... and have received traffic from some other message boards as well. Keep in mind, the site is only about a week old. It's amazing how fast it has grown in just that short amount of time.

As for advertising... the site doesn't generate any kind of revenue, which really limits our advertising options. Right now, we're counting on you guys and the rest of the PSO scene to tell your friends about the site and link to us on your own websites.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that the game hasn't even launched in the US. Right now, I'd have to guess that a lot of our regular visitors are playing the import of the game. We're expecting a huge surge in traffic once the game launches in the US... which means more users and more content. If anyone wants to help give us a boost, feel free to add a link to us in your signature on other boards, link to us on your sites, or just tell a couple of friends... every little bit helps.

We're glad everyone is enjoying the site so far. If the last week is any indication of things to come, you can expect to see the site explode in the next month. Thanks for all the help!

-Tom

Lmnopia
Apr 9, 2001, 11:52 PM
OMG!!!THIS POST WAS SOOOO lost haha it was on pg.96 wow it has tomeeboy on it?? is it really him hahahah ive uncovered a old relice indeed if its the real thing.. hmmm thats it i'll be the post hunter hahah hmm next mission? find spy's first post? hmmm only 95 more pages left hahah

Heero_Yuy
Apr 10, 2001, 01:09 AM
I found this site by chance. I didn't even see an ad anywhere. i just searched...well i forgot where but i found this site and i guess i got lucky^_^

Ambrai
Apr 10, 2001, 09:23 AM
Damn you, bringing back the dead eh?

Danger_Girl
Apr 10, 2001, 09:28 AM
I've been seeing alot of reserected posts latelyhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif. Can't say I mind much. A few of them are classics.

IceBlink
Apr 10, 2001, 09:51 AM
Heh... I found out about this place because one of the staff on Swirlvision.com recommended this place to me to try out. ^_^

And for your information, yes, I use the same name and plague them with smilies too. ^_^

Deathkiller
Apr 10, 2001, 10:03 AM
I found this site from a link @ www.penny-arcade.com

SaitoH
Apr 10, 2001, 10:14 AM
On 2001-04-10 07:51, IceBlink wrote:
And for your information, yes, I use the same name and plague them with smilies too. ^_^

Blinky ole bean, you are EVIL! ^_^

And LMNOPIA, yer still a lawn gnome. "Never trust 'em" my Pa told me, "never trust 'em". That and, "don't eat shit....it tastes bad."

Words to live by...........

Lmnopia
Apr 10, 2001, 03:02 PM
haaahhaha hmm im off to explore the bottemless depths of the fourms again

Core
Apr 10, 2001, 03:06 PM
OMG it tomeeboy LMAO dang Lmnopia you really did bring back the dead with this one......lol

Spy
Apr 10, 2001, 03:15 PM
Happy memories of the old days... wait, even that was before my time. Damn... this is an old post...

Cassy
Apr 10, 2001, 03:56 PM
You know, I don't know how this board works, but I know on UBB when people start going through old posts it uses a LOT of bandwidth. Perhaps if people stopped doing this and the older posts were deleted, the board might load a little faster.