PDA

View Full Version : Spinning Strike

ParadoxRule
Mar 10, 2009, 03:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew the location of the PA Spinning Strike. It's a PA you needed to do the DLC in Japanese to obtain before, but as the U.S. version doesn't seem to have the DLC I don't know how to get this PA.

Just for clarification, I am looking for information on Spinning Strike, not Spinning Break.

Neith
Mar 10, 2009, 03:39 PM
Since this is PA-related (lots of these topics lately?), I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get a few PA's (I haven't quite finished Story yet, so i may have just not seen them as rewards):
- Dus Majarra
- Anga Jabroga
- Chikki Kyoren-jin
- Gravity Break

Thanks.

ParadoxRule
Mar 10, 2009, 03:48 PM
I know that Dus Majarra is the FM 5 reward.
I know that Anga Jabroga is the FM 10 reward.
I know that Chikki Kyoren-jin is the AM 5 reward.
I know that Gravity Break is the reward for getting 10 Skills to level 30.

Neith
Mar 10, 2009, 03:50 PM
I know that Dus Majarra is the FM 5 reward.
I know that Anga Jabroga is the FM 10 reward.
I know that Chikki Kyoren-jin is the AM 5 reward.
I know that Gravity Break is the reward for getting 10 Skills to level 30.

Awesome, thanks for that.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 12, 2009, 02:38 PM
There is no known drop for Spinning Stike (Saber PA) yet. Really, we don't even know if it is in the US version of the game.

I'm sure that if they went to the trouble of moving all the weapon and armor drops to the normal missions, they wouldn't miss a PA. Try clearing random missions on C. The PA's tend to drop on any rank.

ThaiSoup
Mar 12, 2009, 04:16 PM
I have it on my beast. Not sure how I got it though. Got it last weekend on a PS:P binge at my friends place.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q309/ThaiSoup/DSC00525.jpg
I'll try to mark where I got it next time I get it.

Pharaoh007
Mar 12, 2009, 05:50 PM
I've gotten it. One way that I know is to Have the GM Leogini S. Berafort in your party then when you finish a mission with an S he has a chance of giving it to you.

ThaiSoup
Mar 12, 2009, 06:24 PM
I've gotten it. One way that I know is to Have the GM Leogini S. Berafort in your party then when you finish a mission with an S he has a chance of giving it to you.

Yeah, I read it in the drop guide on the forums here. I figured it was a typo for spinning break. As they all give PAs similar to what they use, ex Karen daggers(Forget the name, Renkai or bust for me)/Hyuga Gravity Strike/Nav Renzan. And well, I've never seen Leo use a single saber, but I have seen him use Spinning Break.

Pharaoh007
Mar 12, 2009, 06:33 PM
Oh right My bad.

Dymalos
Mar 12, 2009, 07:50 PM
I'll speculate as to why it's seems to be so rare. I believe it's a reward for doing Cost of Research, a mission that requires 2+ people to accomplish. I think that would lend credence to ThaiSoup finding it during a PS:P binge at his friends house.

Dymalos
Mar 12, 2009, 09:51 PM
Hrm, fair enough, then why don't we compile a list of which skills drop where specifically in the U.S. version, look for a gap and then concentrate our runs in the missions with those gaps?

Dymalos
Mar 12, 2009, 10:22 PM
Well I know that Ethan isn't documented as giving you any Photon Art Discs, but he does happen to use Spinning Strike, so until we receive a clear report of where it's found I'm going to keep using him as a party member and hold out hope.

Desecration
Mar 12, 2009, 10:27 PM
I believe I found it doing a free mission, my char is a FM, I dont remember witch mission dropped it, but I wanna say that it was in Nuedaiz, dont hold me to it though

ThaiSoup
Mar 12, 2009, 11:09 PM
There is a chance one of them have one. However, I did not have the game cleared last weekend. So Ethan, Tylor, etc I know I didn't get it from. And it was me and two friends last week, and had Hyuga with us most of the time. Which, he gives gravity strike. And I can't really narrow it down to a mission since we did like, almost every mission that night. However, we are getting together again this weekend. Starting then, I'll start writing down my drops and where from. (You would think that since you have logs of all your weapons and crap, you would have PAs and where you've seen things drop recorded. wtfail)

Dymalos
Mar 12, 2009, 11:13 PM
Am I right in assuming your friends also picked up Spinning Strike during the same session?

KunoTatewaki
Mar 13, 2009, 11:57 AM
I can't remember where I got mine, but I am positive that I have it :D

Dymalos
Mar 13, 2009, 12:20 PM
Alright another bit of speculation, I'm guessing that it's probably a bit like Renga Chujin-sou in that it will only drop from a Difficulty Rank A or S clear box for a particular mission.

Dymalos
Mar 13, 2009, 12:54 PM
I'm in the same boat, mostly because I'm trying to hold back. I play regularly with a pair of real life friends who live some 500 miles away through Ad Hoc Party and I don't want to be 100 before they even crack 70.

PhSP is a good bit of background activity while you're shooting the shit.

ThaiSoup
Mar 13, 2009, 01:30 PM
Am I right in assuming your friends also picked up Spinning Strike during the same session?

I'd assume so. I'll find out tonight, making a stop by there to check out RE5 after work.

ParadoxRule
Mar 13, 2009, 02:12 PM
Anyone find it? I know that Ethan doesn't give it to you, well, that or he has no love for me. As I've run about 100 missions with only him in my party, and he hasn't given me any PA's yet.

It's great to know it exists.. but not being able to find it is bothering me.

Dymalos
Mar 13, 2009, 02:13 PM
There are apparently two people here on our board who've found it but have no recollection of where. I suspect alien abduction.

ParadoxRule
Mar 13, 2009, 02:28 PM
... Was there probing?

KunoTatewaki
Mar 13, 2009, 06:37 PM
lol I will do some missions in a bit, maybe I will get it to drop again :D

fighgunners
Mar 15, 2009, 09:43 AM
I got Spinning Strike in the boss box at Sleeping Warriors S as a CAST Male Fighmaster. Spinning Break I got at AMF HQ Recovery S as that same person. Hope that helps.

Dymalos
Mar 15, 2009, 04:08 PM
Sweet, thanks for the information. Now it's time to do some Sleeping Warrior Farming.

Dymalos
Mar 17, 2009, 04:13 AM
I got Spinning Strike in the boss box at Sleeping Warriors S as a CAST Male Fighmaster. Spinning Break I got at AMF HQ Recovery S as that same person. Hope that helps.

I'm not sure that this correct, I'm staring at Moubu Seiren-zan in the Sleeping Warriors S Clear Box, right now and for the 4th time. I've been clearing it as a Fighmaster and gotten from level 1 to 10 in the type, I'm not saying it's not here just that it doesn't seem likely, if it is, then it's certainly very rare. Whereas the Twin Dagger skill from Dark Satellite A, and S replaces the C and B skill completely.

Axispoint
Mar 18, 2009, 04:00 AM

You aren't by chance mixing up the PA the OP is wanting with Spinning Break (two-handed sword PA) are you? SB is the one I got from Leo (it's the one he does).

As for Spinning Strike, I checked my PA's and do not have it, but I'm only 33 in Chapter 5 or 6 (can't remember which one). I've not yet played online.

Pharaoh007
Mar 18, 2009, 04:03 AM
You aren't by chance mixing up the PA the OP is wanting with Spinning Break (two-handed sword PA) are you? SB is the one I got from Leo (it's the one he does).

As for Spinning Strike, I checked my PA's and do not have it, but I'm only 33 in Chapter 5 or 6 (can't remember which one). I've not yet played online.

Ya we established that. Sorry again.

Dymalos
Mar 22, 2009, 01:32 AM
I'm going to ammend my previous statement. I have in fact found, Spinning Strike in Sleeping Warriors S with my friend leading as a Fighmaster.

it was in one of the clear boxes, specifically the one in which Motav Prophecy usually drops and not the one in which you typicallly find the other Skill or Weapons. Facing the boxes, it was the second from the left in the front row.

XenithFlare
Mar 23, 2009, 11:25 PM
I actually just received this as a Mission Clear reward from Ethan, after getting an S-rank on Sleeping Warriors B (going through all my missions for the Parum title, ya know). I had my PM, Ethan, and Lou in my party at the time, and I got nothing in the end boxes but -mates and Star Atomizers.

So apparently Ethan DOES give you love <_<;