PDA

View Full Version : Mission Help w/ Dual Svaltus, Mission #7

JordanLund
Mar 10, 2009, 03:40 PM
Made it through the first 6 missions with no problem, even the first two parts of #7 were no big deal...

But I'm getting my butt handed to me by the room with the two Svaltus (Svalti?) in part 3. Nav and I can take out the two individual ones to unlock the first door and then just get slammed.

Level 43 Newman Masterforce
954 HP
339 ATP

I've upped my Rabarta to level 11, but it still seems slow to cast. Going to go back and level some more, grind my weapons, maybe get Rabarta to 20 or something.

Ideas?

JordanLund
Mar 10, 2009, 06:04 PM
Oho... that might explain why Rabarta wasn't doing so hot... I thought they were Fire based.

JordanLund
Mar 11, 2009, 04:37 AM
Finally cracked it... I had thought the Svaltus was weak to Ice, turns out they're weak to Dark.

Did some A - ranked free missions, leveled up Ramegid to 14, found a Shag Goagg combat machine (has a shotgun style attack), got some Cometara's from the Train mission and went to town...

Resta and Ramegid assigned to Cometara's made short work of the Svaltus and I still had points left over to take out the 2 headed dragon at the end.

panzer_unit
Mar 11, 2009, 10:02 AM
Is it just me or are midbosses stronger than bosses in PSP?

Grinna Betes, Bead Groodes, Svaltuses, Delsabers, SEED-Vitace... they all have insane hitpoints and deal serious damage with hard to avoid attacks. I've lost more scapes on those things than against the bosses with big cutscenes and everything.

Neith
Mar 11, 2009, 11:22 AM
Is it just me or are midbosses stronger than bosses in PSP?

Grinna Betes, Bead Groodes, Svaltuses, Delsabers, SEED-Vitace... they all have insane hitpoints and deal serious damage with hard to avoid attacks. I've lost more scapes on those things than against the bosses with big cutscenes and everything.

Definitely hear you on the Delsabers (Delnadian for those of you that never played PSO :wacko: ). I haven't managed to beat the final story mission yet because those guys keep wasting my scapes :lol: (Don't think I need to spoiler that...)

Also, the fight against the 3 Grinna Bete S was pretty rough (Newman Fighmaster admittedly not the best character, but it's certainly fun :wacko: Took a while to kill those, but got an Electro Heart from one too. The main bosses though are pretty pathetic. I did a Desert Terror B run at about Lv40 (Lv40 Dimmagolus), and I killed him in about 20 seconds...knocked him out of the sky (with a Lv1 Handgun bullet!) in about 5-6 shots :disapprove:

dominantwisdom
Mar 11, 2009, 08:54 PM
Definitely hear you on the Delsabers (Delnadian for those of you that never played PSO :wacko: ). I haven't managed to beat the final story mission yet because those guys keep wasting my scapes :lol: (Don't think I need to spoiler that...)

Also, the fight against the 3 Grinna Bete S was pretty rough (Newman Fighmaster admittedly not the best character, but it's certainly fun :wacko: Took a while to kill those, but got an Electro Heart from one too. The main bosses though are pretty pathetic. I did a Desert Terror B run at about Lv40 (Lv40 Dimmagolus), and I killed him in about 20 seconds...knocked him out of the sky (with a Lv1 Handgun bullet!) in about 5-6 shots :disapprove:

Yeah, all the Dimmagolus-like bosses in this version are too easy regardless of rank. The 3 Svaltuses at the end of Sleeping Warriors S is way too rediculous, unforunately I got completely wasted as a Masterforce. I couldn't even stop to resta or diga them without getting pummeled to death by their consistency as a group.