PDA

View Full Version : So I just made a HUnewearl

o.w.w.a.y. I phantom
Mar 10, 2009, 06:42 PM
and i was wondering if anyone could help me out a good material plan for her. I was planning on at least putting her luck up to like 50 or so. But i don't know what to do for the rest of her stats. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance

furrypaws
Mar 10, 2009, 07:31 PM
You either want to max out luck or completely ignore it, but I'd definitely suggest maxing it out. Then practically comes ATP for your base power, then ATA. These three should be fairly simple to max. Beyond that, it gets tricky, as the differences between stats for the HUney are huge and the mats usage are tiny. To this day, I haven't seen a max plan for a v3 HUney, but I heard there are rare weapons with very large stat boosts on Blue Burst, so if that's your platform, you're in luck.

Anyways, after LCK, ATP, and ATA, the rest is up to you (of course, it all is, but these are "staple" stats). DFP obviously reduces hit damage, however, I've heard it takes a lot for a little (5 DFP for one HP). EVP can increase your evade probability, the chance that you'll put up your barrier and get pushed back but not take damage. That also takes a lot to be effective, but can be quite handy when it kicks in. MST will mainly for a HUneweal affect Resta capacity due to resistances of monsters in Ult being quite high, but occasionally an attack tech does come in handy. I think that's all of them if I'm not mistaken. If you were to ask my opinion on these three, it'd go MST>EVP>DFP. To see which stats appeal to you, you can do something suggested by a friend of me a while ago when I was making a plan for a HUney. Just smack on a bunch of that unit whichever way you can get it, do a run, and if you like the effects, go with that unit. Good luck, and have fun, and remember. THis game is so easy that no matter which way you build your HUney, it'll be a piece of cake.

Also, I could give you Shalo's plan, but I'd really rather not if that's alright with you. I'd like it to be unique to Shalo. If you really need one and can't make your own or would like to see where I went with mine, you can ask for sure.

Genoa
Mar 11, 2009, 02:16 AM
Luck and Power all the way in my opinion. You'll get enough MST to cover your basics need, you only really need MST for support, and the only support tech that actually uses the MST stat for effectiveness is Resta. You'll have enough TP with your natural growth.

Defense is useless, besides, HUnewearl DFP isn't really that great, so raising a stat to a mediocre level is pretty pointless as well. Most attacks that ACTUALLY hurt bad are Set-Damage attacks, that cannot be altered. No matter how much DFP you have, nothing beats a good Jellen.

Evasion, you'll get a good amount of that naturally as well.

I highly recommend a good amount of Dex on your mag however, HUnewearl ATA is somewhat shabby. I'd say around 50ish. The rest can be put to POW. But seriously, stay away from DEF D:

o.w.w.a.y. I phantom
Mar 11, 2009, 09:26 AM
I thank you both very much. I just needed a generalization of where i should put my stats into to have a semi-successful HUney. I was also wondering if you happen to know how the Lck stat actually works , i have never experimented with it, is it worth it to put into lck? And if i don't max it out and say i put my luck up to 60 or so how often does the character get a critical hit? sorry for asking so many question XD

Genoa
Mar 11, 2009, 11:21 AM
Yes, it simply determines how often you land Critical blows. Techniques are not effected, they do not crit.

Not many people know this one, but the chance of a critical strike is determined exactly by your Luck stat divided by 4.

Example... You have 60 Luck. You have a 15% chance of a crit.
Where if you have maxed out Luck at 100, you have a 25% chance of a crit.

100 Luck REALLY makes a huge difference in your overall damage, especially when using weapons that have multiple hits, like Double Sabers, Daggers, Machine guns, etc... Or when using multiple target striking weapons, like Swords, Partisans, Shots, etc...

psofan219
Mar 11, 2009, 11:37 AM
At least someone agrees with me on the ATA standpoint... but I raise DEX higher than 50. The HUnewearl I currently have already reached max ATA by the time she hit early to mid 70's, and I hardly missed on Ult. ATP... HU's already have enough. Shifta and Zalure can make up the difference here. I can do twice as much damage. Actually, I can inflict almost a total of 1000 points of damage to a Vulmer. Shifta and Zalure for the boost in ATP for me. For mats, I'm going to max out LCK, then MST will get however many it'll take, then, whatever's left, I'll put on ATP, since the amount remaining will be too low to do any real effective help with DFP or EVP. This is my style of play. With this, I can easily have up to three or four stats at max whenever I need them to be. LCK, MST, DFP, and ATA, which, to me, are the most important for a HUnewearl's survival. And for the last time, this is my style. Do not tell me I'm wrong or anything, or that I wasted my MAG/mats. I get tired of hearing that.

o.w.w.a.y. I phantom
Mar 11, 2009, 12:16 PM
Just out of curiosity what are your mags stats? I myself was thinking about making my sato a 10/120/70/0

Genoa
Mar 11, 2009, 12:33 PM
I would agree that your mag could have over 50 Dex, but going too high and maxing out early only means that you will have to make a new mag with lower Dex, seeing as you'll have wasted mag stats.
Note however, that the way DEX levels on a Mag is different than most think. Your FIRST Dex level gives you +1 ATA, then it's +2 DEX for +1 ATA after that first Level. This means that you gain +1 ATA every ODD number, not even. So you wouldn't wand 70 Dex

I myself have made multiple types of mags for character growth on almost any of my characters.
I have one with about 5 Def, 80 Pow, 50 Dex, 60 Mind.
One with about 5 Def, 130 Pow, 60 Dex, 0 Mind
One with about 10 Def (boo), 0 Pow, 40 Dex, 150 Mind
And I'm working on one for exactly 5 Def, 50 Pow, 105 Dex, 40 Mind. This will be my FOnewearl's final mag.
By Lv175, FOnewearl does not gain any more ATP and will have 483 ATP. Her max is 583, so 50 ATP will max that exactly.
Her ATA grows all the way to Lv200... but I'm not exactly planning on hitting that one anytime soon <___< I could always make another mag if I ever did... so 105 Dex will help me a lot, since she really doesn't get a high ATA growth. She has around 120 ATA in the upper 150's. So 105 Dex will give me +53 ATA
ATA is always a Stat I try to max, most ESPECIALLY on Forces, seeing it matters most to them if you choose to Melee. 186 as a Max isn't bad at all, I'd like to be as close to that max as possible seeing I only have 583 ATP, the more hits I can land the better.

I could really care less about her MST growth seeing I have used nothing but Mind Materials on her and that her natural MST growth is outstanding.

The reason I tell you all about my character and how I raise it, it's an example to how you can manipulate certain items to fit an ideal character.
I simply ignore having high MIND on my FOnewearl's mag because I have ONLY used Mind Mats (well HP too duh), so naturally she has really high MST to begin with.
To make up for my naturally low ATP and slow growing ATA, I put all that weight on my mag, and put the remainder of stats towards my already high MST.

I have nothing against trying to max all your stats, however, This really can't be done until you're a very high level. And with HUnewearl, I believe you cannot max all her stats unless you're playing PSOBB due to certain equipment.
So I would just focus on the important stats...
For you, it's HP, ATP, ATA, and LUCK. DFP is basically worth nothing and MST/EVP will come quite naturally for you.

o.w.w.a.y. I phantom
Mar 11, 2009, 12:47 PM
The mag i have now is actually horrible so i do plan on making another one, this time with just dex and power, and then moving the one i have now back on to my RAmar.
I just need a mag for now to help get her through normal mode.

Genoa
Mar 11, 2009, 12:58 PM
Ok, it's very good that you have a current mag that you can use, because raising a new one while wearing it is very hard, seeing for the beginning levels of a good POW mag, you want to Level DEX through the hard parts, simply because raising POW ends up slowly leveling either DEF or MIND.
As far as helping you power level your mag quick, and to assure you won't get any DEF... is during it's Lv10-35 phase, you feed it Antidotes.
It will give you 0 DEF // 5 POW // 15 DEX // 0 MIND per antidote. (100 points = one level up, easy enough)

This is one of the hardest phases of a Mag, is 10-35 >__>

psofan219
Mar 11, 2009, 02:11 PM
This is one of the hardest phases of a Mag, is 10-35 >__>

Yes, very. I have a tendency to always screw up my MAGs here. And in the 5-10 range sometimes... accidental feedings. 35-50 is pretty straightforward, but a long process... but oddly enough, if it becomes a rare MAG at 100, it's incredibly easy to level up. Oh, and speaking of that, will my Rati evolve if my HUnewearl levels it up? She's a Skyly, not that it matters. I think only males can make Rati's anyways. Thanks for whoever provides me with this info.

Genoa
Mar 11, 2009, 02:24 PM
Section ID DOES matter, it depends on section ID, character's Class/Gender, and they feeding method.
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1031
Skyly hunter females can only make Savitri, and it at Lv100, Your Def and Pow stats combined must be equal to your Dex and Mind stats combined. i.e, 5 Def + 45 Pow = 50, and 50 Dex + 0 Mind = 50, therefore, your Def + Pow is = to your Dex + Mind.

You can however, give it to the needed type/gender/ID character needed to make a rare mag of your choosing when it's about to reach Lv.100

psofan219
Mar 11, 2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks for that Special K, but I knew that already. What I asked was, if I already have a rare MAG (in this case, which will be Rati), if I transfer the Rati off of my HUmar (which, funnily, is named ORAN (got me my Purplenum I needed, haha!)) and give it to my HUnewearl, since I will be upping only one stat, MIND, will it change at all like normal MAGs do?

EDIT: I read my post, and my question wasn't clear enough. Sorry about that. Hopefully this will clear things up a bit better.

Genoa
Mar 11, 2009, 04:41 PM
Oh, I understand now.
And no :/ if it's already rare, there's no way to change it. You can't even use a Mag Cell at that point.

psofan219
Mar 11, 2009, 04:51 PM
Okay, thanks. That's all I wanted to know.