PDA

View Full Version : NO COMMON BOX?!

Zumafire
Mar 11, 2009, 09:05 AM
Maybe I'm missing it but I do not see any kind of common box. There are many weapons and items I'm finding but am unable to use. I have started a few other characters that can use them but I can see no way to transfer those items to those other characters. any help would be good.. or just a definitive answer would suffice. Is there a common box?

Neith
Mar 11, 2009, 09:11 AM
Nope, there's no way of transferring to other characters at all. On the bright side, you can change class any time you want. It is kind of annoying when you find a really good weapon on the 'wrong' character though :disapprove:

Booch138
Mar 11, 2009, 09:14 AM
The only other thing I can suggest is if you have a friend or know someone who has the game, trade them the item and switch characters and have them trade it to that character. Thats what we had to do back is PSO days. So I dunno lol

Neith
Mar 11, 2009, 11:18 AM
The only other thing I can suggest is if you have a friend or know someone who has the game, trade them the item and switch characters and have them trade it to that character. Thats what we had to do back is PSO days. So I dunno lol

No, you can't trade/drop items in Multi-mode for the most part. There are a few exceptions (Photon Art discs 6* and below), but not many. Most items have 'Drop' greyed out in Multimode, and 'Discard' instead. As there's no direct option to trade with another player (like in PSU), I don't think it's possible.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 11, 2009, 11:48 AM
Too bad you can't trade items to people in this game, even if you wanted to drop said item for them during a mission it is changed to discard destroying the equipment

SammaeltheDark
Mar 11, 2009, 11:57 AM
No, you can't trade/drop items in Multi-mode for the most part. There are a few exceptions (Photon Art discs 6* and below), but not many. Most items have 'Drop' greyed out in Multimode, and 'Discard' instead. As there's no direct option to trade with another player (like in PSU), I don't think it's possible.
WHAT oh bugger that really kills the fun of decking out alts in PSPo
And to think PSZ has such a good common box system, too.. though I guess it did come out half a year after PSPo in Japan

Dragwind
Mar 11, 2009, 03:25 PM
My guess is that it was done to promote more hunting with friends to help get a certain item, instead of merely just trading or giving it away. I know it's a pretty poor design perspective if that's the case, but it's my only idea of an excuse as to why we can't trade.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 11, 2009, 04:32 PM
My guess is that it was done to promote more hunting with friends to help get a certain item, instead of merely just trading or giving it away. I know it's a pretty poor design perspective if that's the case, but it's my only idea of an excuse as to why we can't trade.

It also puts a damper on item duping in some way since we aren't able to give away anything there's no reason to "back up" your data elsewhere.

Booch138
Mar 11, 2009, 04:36 PM
Wow that is crap. I had no idea. Why the fuck wouldnt they allow trading? That makes no god damn sense at all. Fucking worthlos.

Damn right poorly designed. What the hell is the big deal anyways? If we want to dupe items thats on our own account, because its not like we can go online and trade people shit. So why WOULDNT you add a person to person trade system. I really cant believe that.

Swiftstrike
Mar 11, 2009, 04:57 PM
Wow that is crap. I had no idea. Why the fuck wouldnt they allow trading? That makes no god damn sense at all. Fucking worthlos.

Damn right poorly designed. What the hell is the big deal anyways? If we want to dupe items thats on our own account, because its not like we can go online and trade people shit. So why WOULDNT you add a person to person trade system. I really cant believe that.

Actually, you CAN go online to trade .... Xlink Kai

And I do thing its BS as welll ... :( (at least a common box would be neat)

CromartieDude
Mar 11, 2009, 06:20 PM
you can go online AND trade?! HOW?!

Swiftstrike
Mar 11, 2009, 06:56 PM
you can go online AND trade?! HOW?!

You can go online with Xlink Kai, but you cannot trade (most items anyway).

Zumafire
Mar 12, 2009, 08:57 AM
Well, it is a shame. Honestly, being 32 years old, married, in school and working full time - I don't have the time to meet up with other people and ad hoc this game. Maybe if I was 22 I could get out there and try to round up a few Phantasy Star Geeks but even if I could you still can't trade items.

This is a bit of a bummer. I love Phantasy Star and I will still play the heck out of PSPo but the lack of a Common Box is a total let down in my eyes.

Logic squirrel
Mar 12, 2009, 01:18 PM
I have to admit i was a little disappointed about no common box, use to like that feature in PSU.

CromartieDude
Mar 12, 2009, 07:26 PM
what is this Xlink Kai you speak of?

Swiftstrike
Mar 12, 2009, 07:50 PM
what is this Xlink Kai you speak of?

A setup that allows you to play ad-hoc games over the internet.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=quickstart