PDA

View Full Version : Delsaber's buster

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 14, 2009, 03:58 PM
My friend and I (I'm pinkal my friends oran) have been trying to get a delsaber's buster offline and it's not working. In the item database it said on very hard in ruin you get it with pinkal 1 out of 143 times. do i have to be the only one who hits it or do I just have to kill a few more dels

Tanis0601
Mar 14, 2009, 04:03 PM
You just have to kill alot of Delsaber's to get it but I would recommend doing it alone, it works better.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 14, 2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks Tanis

Akruta
Mar 14, 2009, 04:20 PM
6 Delsabers appear in the first room of A ruins quest where Elenor helps you... I cant remember the quests name though...

psofan219
Mar 14, 2009, 04:22 PM
Yep, you just have to be lucky enough to find one. Solo or multiplay, it doesn't matter. The leader's ID determines the drops, but for no competition for it, do solo play. Good luck with your hunt!
Also, Ruins 2 is what I call "Home of the Delsabers" because that's where a whole horde of them show up, easily 10-12+. It might be faster if you were to do "From the Depths" versus "Doc's Secret Plan", which is quest the person above me is talking about.

MeruAmura
Mar 14, 2009, 04:28 PM
I think doing it together is better. More delsaber nromally apper. As for who hits it THAT doesnt matter what matters is on multimode things will only drop what Player 1's drop chart is.

psofan219
Mar 14, 2009, 06:26 PM
Doing it together does have it's advantages, but you also have the competition for the drop. True, they can share, but in many cases that I've seen like that, the person who picked it up would tend to brag about it (not that I'm accusing, just saying what I've experienced and prefer), or unknowingly rub it in the other person's face by paying a lot of attention to the item, saying stuff like "Oh man, I can't believe how lucky I am!" or "Can you believe I found this?" I've seen it happen.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 14, 2009, 08:37 PM
I play offline so that won't happen but thanks anyway

psofan219
Mar 14, 2009, 10:08 PM
But you said you were playing with a friend, right? That's what I was aiming at.

Vanzazikon
Mar 15, 2009, 01:23 AM
Doing it together does have it's advantages, but you also have the competition for the drop. True, they can share, but in many cases that I've seen like that, the person who picked it up would tend to brag about it (not that I'm accusing, just saying what I've experienced and prefer), or unknowingly rub it in the other person's face by paying a lot of attention to the item, saying stuff like "Oh man, I can't believe how lucky I am!" or "Can you believe I found this?" I've seen it happen.Your brother is really mean.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 15, 2009, 11:39 AM
Oh thanks Psofan

NegaTsukasa
Mar 15, 2009, 04:16 PM
You just get the Delsabers Right Arm if no one has told you. then you have to send it to "Dr. Montague" on solo mode in one of the quests. : )
I suggest you read up on where the enemy parts section is in the episode 1,2,3&4 library.
It'll tell you what to do to get the Dr. to fess up on making the weapon for you.

psofan219
Mar 15, 2009, 07:28 PM
That's easy, he just has to complete the "Doc's Secret Plan" quest, then he can get it made into the weapon by talking to him in either "Unsealed Door" or the quest that's before it, where you have to go and retrieve that data they want...

Your brother is really mean.

Actually, it wasn't with my bro. My experience comes from my cousin... When we found our first Delsaber's Left Arm together, I was meleeing, he was ranged. I didn't notice it becaue I had a horde of Dimenians on me at the time, plus I was surrounded. After they were killed off, the box was just off me screen. I was heading for the door to the next room, and he said "Ooh, a rare." I looked at his screen, and seen it was right near where I was standing. I was too far to get it, so I just pressed on. He got it, and said "Hell yeah! Now I have both arms!" I was like "Well, drat. If only I had noticed it earlier... oh well, there'll be more." And there was, but what p'd me off was he kept rubbing it in my face. He actually died while looking at it because he did not know there was a Bringer in the room, and I even mentioned it! I was like "Dude, Bringer." I just don't want that to happen to him as well, because it sucks. I got him back though when we were looking for rare enemies, we found a Nar Lilly. We made that our last target because, well, we stared at it for a while. It was our first Nar Lilly. He got all close to it, saying "This thing looks cool!". He got a little too close... it killed him with a crit, then it died from a bullet I shot (I was out of Antiparalysis and I really didn't want to get paralyzed again... got paralyzed 4 times that run...). He seen on my screen it dropped a red box. He's like "Don't take it, it's mine! Hurry up and revive me!" I did, but AFTER I got the item. Didn't rub it in his face like he did to me, 'cause I'm a little nicer than that. I forgot what the item was, Last Survivor if I remember correctly... Needless to say he wasn't too happy about it... he reset the game.

Vanzazikon
Mar 15, 2009, 08:23 PM
Your cousin is a %$#@&.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 15, 2009, 08:24 PM
My question was if my friend oran could hit an enemy and not kill it having me kill it Pinkal will I be able to get a Pinkal item. I already knew dr. montauge stuff I have del's shield g assassins sabers and rappys fan and boomas claw already. but thanks anyway

Freeze
Mar 15, 2009, 08:34 PM
All drops are determined by the first players section ID, so if your friend is #1 all drops will be oran regardless as to who hits or kills it.

psofan219
Mar 15, 2009, 08:59 PM
......I said that already......

@ Vanz: Yeah, he was. It didn't bother me all that much though... what with the whole plethora of weapons I found when I got my copy of the game... should've seen the look on his face, ha! Priceless! He was so jealous... Had the three daggers (Blade Dance, Bloody Art, Cross Scar), the three handguns, the three partisand, swords, sabers, Double Saber, Stag Cutlery... all that good stuff. Then corruption happened, got it all back, happened again, got it all back, happened yet again... you get the point.

NegaTsukasa
Mar 16, 2009, 06:15 PM
my arn't we just repeating ourselve son this thread. ^^;

Anyway,
(takes a deep breath) iiiinnnn order to get to Dr. Montague...
lol

Genoa
Mar 18, 2009, 10:26 AM
To answer your question fully with information scattered throughout this thread....

1. The first player's Section ID determines the drops.
2. If you were to solo, the best way to do so would be the offline Side-story quest, Doc's Secret Plan. This quest has Delsabers quite quickly in the quest. You can quit after the first Five and repeat for optimum excavating time.
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=902

psofan219
Mar 18, 2009, 12:19 PM
I think a better quest to do would be From the Depths. It places you right in Ruins 2 at the start, or just do Ruins runs on a difficulty where you can get the Right Arm. It's certainly better than fighting only five at a time anyways, then having to restart...

Genoa
Mar 18, 2009, 12:31 PM
I think a better quest to do would be From the Depths. It places you right in Ruins 2 at the start, or just do Ruins runs on a difficulty where you can get the Right Arm. It's certainly better than fighting only five at a time anyways, then having to restart...

How is that better? If it takes a good two-three minutes to clear a room, and less than a minute to restart a quest from the first area...
And no mission has that many Delsabers that quickly. If you do regular Ruin runs, you tend to get either 1-2 delsabers every few rooms. EVENTUALLY 4 in one room near ruins 2 or 3.
This could take you almost 15-20 minutes for people playing moderately through ruins (meaning they're not blowing through the level with ease).

If the difficulty you're hunting Delsaber's Buster is moderately difficult, it would be fastest to hunt through the first area of Doc's Secret Plan. The EXP would not be beneficial through this Quest, but we're merely talking Hunting down Delsaber's Buster.
You cannot argue that there's a faster way than that Offline.

psofan219
Mar 18, 2009, 12:47 PM
...Yeah, guess that's true... did you really need to put it like that though? Could've just gave me the comparison in time, and not all the rest... Well, either way, good luck with the hunt...

Genoa
Mar 18, 2009, 01:17 PM
...Yeah, guess that's true... did you really need to put it like that though? Could've just gave me the comparison in time, and not all the rest... Well, either way, good luck with the hunt...

Heh, psowfan, I got nothing against you, honest.
I might come off as rude, but it's not my intention.
How I rely messages through text and through words take different meanings.
But believe me, there isn't any hostility coming from my replies. We seem to have a good amount of differences.

psofan219
Mar 18, 2009, 01:22 PM
That's true... It's obvious that your knowledge of this game far exceeds my own. I have nothing against you either, and I know it's not intent when I take something as "rude". You didn't mean it to be that way, but I saw it as that way. It happens to me all the time when I'm talking with someone.

And sorry for getting off-topic here.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 18, 2009, 01:42 PM
Thank you I guess that ends this thread unless someone's got something to add.