PDA

View Full Version : There's no such thing as always...

dropslash
Feb 13, 2003, 06:57 AM
So i was out busting up Falz on vhard last night (offline). when i got to the 3rd form every thing was going as usual, run in a circle, yadda yadda yadda, get tagged by Grants... only, i didn't. Falz missed me with the Grants 6 times in a row, missed a total of 10 times. level 70 HUcaseal w/ 2 resist/holy's equipped, i was nothing out of the ordinary.

just wondering, since that attack is usually the almighty life taker, anyone else had this happen?

rena-ko
Feb 13, 2003, 07:14 AM
and your total light-resistance was?

other than that, i would say, youre either to strong for v-hard or very lucky - or both ^_^

Tulathis
Feb 13, 2003, 07:20 AM
That is strange.

The only things I can think of is (as has been mentioned) your light resistance was high enough to allow you to resist it (I think 60+ allows this). Or, you were healing (or being healed) right as Falz hit you with the spell. Or, your game glitched. If you do happen to figure it out, lmk.

dropslash
Feb 13, 2003, 07:32 AM
my total light resistance was 45. i had 2 dragon/hp's and 2 resist/holy's equipped on a valiant frame and was sporting an ultimate shield. i wasn't healing as it happened, i got tagged by those blue light balls a few times and i healed immediately after, in anticipation of the Grants. The Grants star effect would show up in/on me and i just kept running forward and a bit to the left (i run around him clockwise) and then it would just make a yellow/white puff behind me, as if i outran it.

the only consistent factor is that i always, always run with g-assassin sabers equipped, because they seem to speed up a HUcaseals running animation.

as far as i know though, you technically can't "outrun" Grants. i'm going to see if i can reproduce the misses again it later today.

Jae
Feb 13, 2003, 11:30 AM
It's happened to me before, only not with Dark Falz. Sometimes I've been able to 'outrun' a Gran Sorceror's Grants just like how you described. I don't know how or why it happens though.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 13, 2003, 11:51 AM
It's because you got hit and got knocked down by the blue light. Offline your invincibility last longer after you get up from getting knocked down.

I'd bet that you still saw the graphical effects of grants hitting you, except it just did no damage (because you were still invincible)

Grants does in fact always hit you.

Jae
Feb 13, 2003, 11:57 AM
Good explanation for Falz' Grants, but do you have an explanation for my escaping a Gran Sorceror's Grants? I don't get hit beforehand and am usually running to try to get around the swarmers when it happens.

I hear the Grants coming. I see the Grants animation start on my character. Then I see the Grants animation finish behind my character and take 0 damage. Glitch?

TeamPhalanx
Feb 13, 2003, 04:19 PM
You either:

1) Got hit moments before
2) Ran out of the room
3) Killed the sorcerer before it hit you

Blenjar
Feb 13, 2003, 04:33 PM
I wish I had those resist joints.

dropslash
Feb 13, 2003, 04:40 PM
I didn't always get tagged by the blue energy though, sometimes the Grants just... missed, as i ran.

i haven't had a chance to try it again, i probably will tonight and report back with the results.

Vantamiath
Feb 13, 2003, 06:00 PM
There's always the chance that your PB was at 100% (Depening on your mag; making you invincible) during the times you didnt get "tagged," but other then that, I think phal put it into perspective.