PDA

View Full Version : Maxing Stats

Eaneth
Mar 16, 2009, 06:11 PM
I was looking for the "best" method of maxing stats on a HUmar, and I was wondering what people thought made some methods better than others. I like the ones here, but they require God units which I will probably be unable to find.

On Gamfaqs, I found a plan that got everything low (less than 50 difference between max and final stats, typically near 30) that maxed ATA and LCK.

After crunching some numbers, I generated a new plan that maxed everything but DFP and MST (75 and 52 points off respectively).

Here my questions:

1) Has anybody else come up with a plan for maxing a HUmar's stats?

2) Is it better to max more stats at the expense of a wider difference in a few stats OR is it better to get all stats pretty close while maxing none?

Genoa
Mar 16, 2009, 06:55 PM
IMO, if you can cover ATP, ATA, and LCK, you're fine.
EVP would barely help a HUmar
MST, you don't really need maxed, you're only using it for Resta/Anti, Jellen/Zalure, Rabarta (for freeze situations), and occasional Rafoie to tag if in a party. (... RIGHT?!?!)
DFP is almost worthless, Even your Jellen 15 is 1000x more important than high DFP.

psofan219
Mar 16, 2009, 11:13 PM
I think it'd be better to get all stats close to max as possible, this way, you can max them out at any time, should one become more needed than the other. MST isn't all that bad of a stat as many claim it to be... it can be helpful for getting ranged attacks in against the enemy, and can effectively paralyze certain enemies, even on Ultimate. Wolves, and the Cana-series monsters can be quite annoying, as I'm sure you already know. On Ultimate, both are weak to fire, so casting Gifoie is an excellent form of defense and offense mixed as one... in fact, it's perfect against these enemies. You'll get surrounded, but they won't be able to attack at all, as long as you don't stop casting. You can go ahead and say my tactics of fighting are retarded or whatever, because that's your opinion. I'm just saying, look at everything each stat has to offer before you decide to just toss one out because it's ruled as "useless" by someone else here. This is all my view on things though, yours most likely will differ.

Eaneth
Mar 18, 2009, 10:01 AM
Special K, I actually picked the MST value so I could equip my Elysion at some point.
You also say both EVP and DFP are worthless. Is one better than the other?

psofan, are you talking about carrying multiple units with me? I tried doing something similar to that and it was very cumbersome.

Genoa
Mar 18, 2009, 10:18 AM
HUmar's DFP and EVP growth isn't really bad.
Since the DFP on a HUmar is fine, there's no reason to really TRY and raise it.
EVP however would be found more useful than DFP.
Jellen would help reduce damage a thousand times better than trying to get High DFP would, so your other option would be trying to avoid those physical attacks completely with EVP.
HUmar EVP isn't too shabby, as long as you are wearing an Armor/Shield that actually focus' on raising EVP more so than DFP, with about 900+ EVP, you can evade a decent portion of attacks.

psofan219
Mar 18, 2009, 12:34 PM
Special K, I actually picked the MST value so I could equip my Elysion at some point.
You also say both EVP and DFP are worthless. Is one better than the other?

psofan, are you talking about carrying multiple units with me? I tried doing something similar to that and it was very cumbersome.

You don't neccesarily have to carry them with you, just store them in the bank, and when you want/need one stat over the other, just head back to Pioneer 2 and switch out accordingly. Some people think EVP is better than DFP, and some think vice-versa. It just depends on who it is you're talking to.

Genoa
Mar 18, 2009, 12:52 PM
Facts are easier to swallow than opinions.
If it's a fact that a FOnewearl, who has the lowest DFP and HP values... can use Jellen and take LESS physical damage than a HUcast or RAcast...
Then it pretty much proves your DFP stat isn't really a crucial stat.

If a character such as a high level FOnewearl, HUcaseal, or RAmarl (mere example of characters with high EVP) can stand in ultimate Forest or Caves and block the majority of the time due to having around 900+ EVP... this proves that it would be MORE useful to have higher EVP than DFP.
This should only be so if you're EVP is already decent to begin with.
Characters like FOmarl who can't block worth a crap, shouldn't be focusing on EVP.
But regardless, a combination of Deband/Jellen could easily negate physical damage from a small portion of Ultimate enemies, and lower damage to almost nothing by a large portion of Ultimate enemies.
Of course, online on higher area'd mobs is a different story, regardless the damage is marginal with high level D/J.

Though Casts can't use support techniques to help them lower damage, some of their EVP isn't too bad.
HUcaseal and RAcaseal have really good EVP. RAcaseal has the highest DFP as well, just a little plus for taking hits.
HUcaseal might have low DFP, but her extremely high EVP helps compensate considerably more. Since she has high ATA, you can time her attacks correctly to avoid hits using careful combos and playing your distance (like any character) but since she hits more frequently than any other Hunter, you're chances of missing and getting hit are much more slim. Plus, if you DO miss, this is where your high EVP can come into play.
Not to mention, Casts might lack those support techs, but you have Traps, and on Ultimate... Traps are optimum. They detonate much quicker and since you're usually at a high level on Ultimate, you have an abundance of Traps. USE THEM.

But here is a test for anyone who wants to see how much DFP really counts.
Take a force with a high level Deband and go to Ultimate somewhere.
First, get hit a few good times WITHOUT Deband.
Then, put Deband on and look at the damage difference. It's VERY small. Kind of ridiculous actually >___>
On the contrary, take someone like a HUmar and go down to somewhere in Ultimate.
Get hit a few times, then cast Jellen (even somewhere around 10-15).
You will take less damage than having Deband 30 on!!

Proving your defense isn't as crucial as lowering the enemy's high ATP.

Here's your DFP calculations...
Using a standard attack: [(ATP - DFP)/5] x 0.9 = Damage. So thats your ATP and the enemies DFP.
So take that formula and reverse it, meaning the enemy hitting YOU instead.
Basically it's stating for every 5 DFP, it reduces ONE HP from physical attacks.
The ONLY advantage to high DFP would be not getting knockdown. If 25% or higher of your total HP is taken out with a single attack, you will get knockdowned.
Any in many cases, getting knockdowned in ultimate (online) can save your life.

Vanzazikon
Mar 18, 2009, 12:58 PM
2) Is it better to max more stats at the expense of a wider difference in a few stats OR is it better to get all stats pretty close while maxing none?For a HUmar, since his stat growths are pretty balance, I think it's better to get the stats pretty close while maxing none. Unless you really enjoy meleeing moreso than being balanced. That would require more ATP, max if possible.

For other classes, Min/Maxing would be more wise than being balanced. For instance, a FOnewearl, you would want to maximize her MST and/or EVP and minimize her ATP as possible as you can. If you want a balanced MST and ATP with a FOnewearl, then that would probably be a waste of time. A FOnewearl's ATP is very low, thus increasing it either by pow mats or Power mags is futile. FOneys aren't meant for meleeing, so they should just stick to nuking and support.

Genoa
Mar 18, 2009, 01:12 PM
For a HUmar, since his stat growths are pretty balance, I think it's better to get the stats pretty close while maxing none. Unless you really enjoy meleeing moreso than being balanced. That would require more ATP, max if possible.

For other classes, Min/Maxing would be more wise than being balanced. For instance, a FOnewearl, you would want to maximize her MST and/or EVP and minimize her ATP as possible as you can. If you want a balanced MST and ATP with a FOnewearl, then that would probably be a waste of time. A FOnewearl's ATP is very low, thus increasing it either by pow mats or Power mags is futile. FOneys aren't meant for meleeing, so they should just stick to nuking and support.

So much of that statement is not true :/ when indeed, all characters eventually do better with weapons in the long run.
It all depends on your equipment. This was back then I was only an early level 100. I should probably take new pictures with my max luck. It's a shame techs don't crit, or else they'd prove maybe more useful.
But if you can use weapons with incredible specials (berserk, charge, demons, hell, etc....) They will exceed your tech-use. Even as a FOnewearl.
By the way, this is Ultimate.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1021/fonewearlatp.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4748/fonewearldelsaber.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3055/fonewearlsof.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1331/fonewearlholyray.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8127/fonewearltgp.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

psofan219
Mar 18, 2009, 01:19 PM
Wow. Impressive damage! I seriously did not ever think FO's were even capable of reaching that kind of damage at that level.

UnluckyHunter
Mar 22, 2009, 01:13 PM
The best advice I can give is don't bother with maxing stats. Not many players reach level 200, which is needed in the guides. For all the character you create, just focus on the style you want to play and use your materials (and feed your mag) accordingly.

For hunter it's just much easier in the long run if you raise a DEX/POW mag and load yourself up with Power and Luck Materials. Trying to raise one from scratch with the max stat in mind is a pain.