PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of a sequel?

cApNhOwDy
Mar 16, 2009, 09:38 PM
Noone knows for certain at this point, but how likely do you think a sequel, or an update, to PS0 would be? It wasnt nearly as successful as PSP was in Japan, god only knows why because I though this game was a hell of a lot better. I sure hope that there is one, because I see myself getting all 100 titles and getting 6 characters to lvl100 (buying two copies). I <3 this game.

Akaimizu
Mar 18, 2009, 10:33 AM
Thing is. The formula adopted for PSU, in terms of the straight battle system, is really popular in Japan. That's one of the reasons. The second one being that it was a great conversion. (Probably the best hardware-optimized version of the game). And last but not least, the post-release love that game is getting.

As for this one. My main surprise for it not selling quite as well as PSP was the market. I figure the insane amount of DS systems out there, would ensure high sales. But then again, the amount of DS games do make it have more competition. (Though the DS is lacking in online dungeon crawlers as well)

For me, the best thing about this game is technically the online support. You don't have to jump through hoops to simply play this game online.

I'd like to see a sequel, of course. Considering there are no downloads for this one. Still, I have a lot to still look for between this and PSP before dealing with a sequel.

Greyman
Mar 18, 2009, 03:41 PM
If there's a profit to be made more than likely a sequel will happen. I'm a little surprised PSZ didn't gain as much support as PSP but...I could think of a few reasons.

With the DSi along with the recent annoucement of "Mini" I'm looking more hopeful at maybe a few downloadables that extend the core game as opposed to a glorified demo, however like I said if theres profit involved I'm sure a sequel will be made. Always possibility of a Wii version with DS connectivitity or simple an Episode 2.

PSZ to me is essentially a handheld version of PSO so I'm hoping it gains similar support no matter how small.